Windstar Website

From the Windstar Website

"Friday May 3rd at 3 PM EST until Tuesday May 7 at 9 AM EST: we will be upgrading our reservation systems, including MyWindstar, and will be temporarily unable to make new or adjust bookings."

Hopefully this means we will finally be able to see what cabins are available. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The "new" Web site is really struggling. Not much information is available yet (or at least it wasn't yesterday). I'm sure they will get it fixed before we travel next February.

It's run by SeaWare, which has also completely screwed up Azamara's website (and Explora isn't any good either).

When you call Windstar now, you get this prerecorded greeting [you can't make this up!]:

"We've upgraded our reservation system to serve you better.  Current hold times are longer than usual."  Upgrade successful!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ridethetide said:

I have found it impossible to book any excursions for my upcoming cruises. My TA has had to call to book them. 

Despite having booked through a TA, I was able to make another excursion booking today via telephone with Windstar.  I called their main 800 number and then took the call-back option.  Very nice rep was able to make the booking for me.  But of course with the website in the state it is, my only proof is the charge on my Amex card.

• Like 1

We have sailed with Windstar once before & are booked on Oct. cruise.  But if I sign in under “Returning Guest”, message is that we have no reservations.  If I sign in as “New Guest”, which I am not, it accepts our reservation number & shows our upcoming booking.  Site is not making much sense at the moment!

• Like 2

The current state of the website is ridiculous.  Planning our extended trip has been like pulling teeth to get information and get things booked.

• Like 3

I was successful in creating a new account.  After dinking around I couldn't find my booking.  After more attempts I found where you have to create that booking (booking #, ship, departure port, personal info) and then it pops up.  So far so good.  I haven't found where they show our past cruises and points accumulated thus far like the old site.   Now that we are 4 Star, its not that big of a deal, but before it was fun to see where we were in climbing the status ladder...

Like most software upgrades, it's never easy.

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bortman23 said:

What I get when trying to create a new account 🤣:

I wouldn't try with the website in this state.  Call Windstar (or use the chat function) and ask them to do it for you – and to send you email confirmations.

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I wouldn't try with the website in this state.  Call Windstar (or use the chat function) and ask them to do it for you – and to send you email confirmations.

I'm good with what we have already, I was just seeing if I could get a new account set up. Thanks though.

I called today about an existing booking after creating an account for returning cruisers on the site and having the booking not show up. It told me I had no existing reservations, just like others here. 

I asked for the call back option and I received a call back in about 5 minutes. The agent told me the only way to see my reservation was to log in as a new customer with res number and name. So…just like it was before. Except I had to waste some time figuring out how to get there on the site. 

On 6/4/2024 at 4:14 PM, Pudgesmom said:

I called today about an existing booking after creating an account for returning cruisers on the site and having the booking not show up. It told me I had no existing reservations, just like others here. 

I asked for the call back option and I received a call back in about 5 minutes. The agent told me the only way to see my reservation was to log in as a new customer with res number and name. So…just like it was before. Except I had to waste some time figuring out how to get there on the site. 

I can still see my booking by logging in through to Seaware – but the fact that I have a booking is all I can see.  I had to call to get them to send me the 'non-financial' booking confirmation with all the details.  [Only my TA can get me the 'financial' booking confirmation.]

I am quite frustrated because I need to book excursions.  The old site worked great for that - just returned from the Wind Surf.  Now, I may not get anything and will have to wrestle with the phone.  My TA will not work for me in this situation.  She has been quite a pain so far and won't work with her again.  Just trying to get through this situation.

• Like 1

ddpe.....

I just booked our excursions directly with WS by phone, even though trip was booked through a TA and it was a breeze (once I got through).  And FYI, WS emailed a detailed/updated confirmation showing all excursions are guaranteed, but without any financial info.  

One thing the confirmation highlighted is that we do not show as READY for sailing.  I have found nowhere on the website to complete any pre-cruise "paperwork" ie passport info, etc.  Used to be able to do that online.  Time to get in the phone queue again.

• Like 1

Thanks, I am hoping they fix the website before my sailing so we can enter required passport information.  I will try the phone, but find it a little difficult over the phone.  

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress today finally.  When you log in on the booking engine, it still says it is 'read only' – but it's actually working!  Much more information is visible, and I was able to add a couple of special requests which stuck.

Now they can turn their attention to adding the new itineraries on the new ships!!! 

My travel agent reports that she was on the phone for hours today while trying to make our final payment for a September cruise. Very aggravating. 

The bright spot is that our onboard credits and excursions all appeared correctly. 

Can't figure out to book an excursion for our October 2024 cruise.  When I sign in with my reservation number, website shows info for the cruise, and lists all the available excursions.  But I don't see any way to book one...it just shows the description and the price, no "booking" option shows up.  Also, the one excursion that we've already paid for doesn't show up anywhere in our booking info.  Weird thing is that I know that I saw confirmation of our booked excursion a couple of days ago when I was showing new website stuff to my husband, it has now disappeared.😝

5 hours ago, IpswichChris said:

Can't figure out to book an excursion for our October 2024 cruise.  When I sign in with my reservation number, website shows info for the cruise, and lists all the available excursions.  But I don't see any way to book one...it just shows the description and the price, no "booking" option shows up.  Also, the one excursion that we've already paid for doesn't show up anywhere in our booking info.  Weird thing is that I know that I saw confirmation of our booked excursion a couple of days ago when I was showing new website stuff to my husband, it has now disappeared.😝

I called in to book excursions yesterday.  I left my number on the automated system, and they called me back in an hour or so.  The Windstar agent was very efficient and knowledgeable.  He said he had a good deal of experience booking excursions since the computer difficulties.  He also stated that they were hopeful the website would be fully functional very soon.

In the end, not too difficult.  I would have rather made the bookings on-line, but this wasn't terrible.

Windstar websites is a work in progress.  Sadly, it has been a work for years.  They need IT help to develop an up to date website.  I miss the Windstar wizard that showed available cabins.  It’s 2024. The world depends on WiFi. Windstar hasn’t changed. Want info? Call and wait on hold.  I was on hold. A very long time. I  almost gave up in disgust.  I eventually got a return call.