Did HAL Luggage Tags Change? or Were they always like this..

I was helping someone out today that had never cruised HAL before so was walking them through the on-line check in so figured why not complete my August cruise while I am in there.

I knew I was probably not going to get a move up to Neptune offer so figured I would print our luggage tags.

I have never seen that on one side it had lines to put in a phone number and email address.

Then the other thing I have not seen before or at least remember seeing...

It states in BOLD letter.

THIS IS ALSO YOUR DISEMBARKATION TAG.

PLEASE KEEP ATTACHED.

• Like 1

My tags for my cruise from Vancouver to Whittier last year had the statement on them about the tag being the disembarkation tag. The cruise was a cruise/land package. Perhaps that makes a difference.

• On a B2B with same cabin, separate bookings, not disembarking after first cruise. I guess I'll have to print & prepare two sets. One to get on and one to get off, in case I decide to not self-disembark.

The other thing we just noticed is they are not putting on the Star Status, our should be 5 Star and there is nothing showing that on the luggage tags.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

The other thing we just noticed is they are not putting on the Star Status, our should be 5 Star and there is nothing showing that on the luggage tags.

Lisa, I don’t ever remember having star status printed on the luggage tag. I know it prints on the boarding pass.

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 4

I was thinking it was there previously so went digging into some cruise stuff. I usually throw away luggage tags but found some. Ironically it was the sailing from the Nieuw Amsterdam very first sailing after the shut down 07/24/2021 and sure enough one side of the luggage tag does have for phone and email. LOL I have never filled that out. And sure enough it does state in Bold Letters  

THIS IS ALSO YOUR DISEMBARKATION TAG.

PLEASE KEEP ATTACHED

I have never once kept the luggage tags on for Disembarkation nor do you need to.

So basically Never Mind 😂 I guess I was being blonde again

• Haha 3

Haven't sailed HAL since 2019, but if this means I don't have to write in and reattach disembarkation tags, I'm all for it! Last day packing, I always hated filling them in (and customs form) for the mob. 😁

The disembarkation blurb is hit and miss: 

No blurb: NS Dec ‘23, Eurodam Nov ‘19. 

Yes for blurb:  Rotterdam ‘22, NA Sep ‘21.

I didn’t notice the phone and email lines before. 😳

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

You still have to fill in and attach the disembarkation tag.  No longer have to do customs forms (at least for Caribbean cruises.)

🙁 okay. Although I'm now confused on what is the point of keeping the embarkation tag on. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

Good question but I always feel like I should follow the rules.  Maybe it's to identify lost luggage?

Possibly, but I think most take it off or atleast I always have, mostly due to having them in plastic sleeves that I want to save for the next cruise. 

It actually is quite funny that after many HAL cruises I just noticed this and thought it totally strange to leave it on for disembarkation, especially when they give us tags to put on our luggage specifically for disembarkation.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I did not have the blurb about leaving it on for disembarkation on my March cruise, nor for my upcoming August cruise. I wonder if Club Orange makes a difference.

Edited by RedIguana

12 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

I did not have the blurb about leaving it on for disembarkation on my March cruise, nor for my upcoming August cruise. I wonder if Club Orange makes a difference.

No, pretty sure not because I do not have Club Orange for my August cruise and neither does a friend traveling with us but she also has that on hers. I am wondering if by chance it is because we have Post Transfers by HAL?? I know that on my old luggage tag I found it on I did have a post cruise transfer to airport, I also have one this time. My friend who did not have it on her last cruise but she also did not have a post cruise transfer but the the previous cruises she had that this was on the luggage tag she did have a post cruise transfer. Right now that seems to be the common denominator.  

• Like 1

Maybe it is about the timing of when you print it, relative to embarkation.  I initially printed one each for us a month ago-  no mention of disembarkation;  then I printed another for each of us today- and the disembarkation notice was there.  We leave in 2 weeks on the Zuiderdam.

1 hour ago, EJLobster said:

Maybe it is about the timing of when you print it, relative to embarkation.  I initially printed one each for us a month ago-  no mention of disembarkation;  then I printed another for each of us today- and the disembarkation notice was there.  We leave in 2 weeks on the Zuiderdam.

Have you added post cruise transfers in that time period?

Just trying to narrow this down  lol

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

No, pretty sure not because I do not have Club Orange for my August cruise and neither does a friend traveling with us but she also has that on hers. I am wondering if by chance it is because we have Post Transfers by HAL?? I know that on my old luggage tag I found it on I did have a post cruise transfer to airport, I also have one this time. My friend who did not have it on her last cruise but she also did not have a post cruise transfer but the the previous cruises she had that this was on the luggage tag she did have a post cruise transfer. Right now that seems to be the common denominator.  

No post cruise transfer for me on either cruise. I think you were on my March 10-17 out of Port Everglades, although I think you were on a B2B. August cruise is out of Amsterdam.

Edited by RedIguana

In addition to the previous posts, after the restart, the new tags were introduced with adding the note "THIS IS ALSO YOUR DISEMBARKATION TAG. PLEASE KEEP ATTACHED".

image.thumb.png.00b9709479b133a0283356e1268e1b1f.png

During the 150 year anniversary season sailings, the luggage tag was again modified showing the 150 year anniversary logo but without the note "THIS IS ALSO YOUR DISEMBARKATION TAG. PLEASE KEEP ATTACHED"

image.thumb.png.06b0d0a293b93998ea4f51480063f7e8.png

Currently the tags have changed back again to the ones used after the restart, with the return of the note "THIS IS ALSO YOUR DISEMBARKATION TAG. PLEASE KEEP ATTACHED"

image.thumb.png.5977a7f6258463825811d950bd6d1b0b.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

It’s definitely not because you have HAL transfers.  It’s been on my tags for the last few cruises and I did not have HAL transfers for any of them.  I am usually Independent.

II am quite sure that we were also told this on our last Prinsendam cruise.  It wasn’t on the tag I don’t believe but at check in we were advised to do so.  I didn’t keep the tag so I can’t verify but I do recall keeping them on for the first time.

It’s a good idea IMO as it also makes it easy to identify luggage and prevent someone from picking up the wrong bag once you have disembarked.

• Like 1