Live Ovation of the Seas Alaska May 17-24, 2024 with Kmom

1 hour ago, Kellie in Texas said:

I'm pretty sure that a Bloody Mary -- especially when you're on the water -- counts as vegetables.  😄 

Yesss! Thanks Kellie!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Above the bed are cupboards. Easy to overlook.

Yes I found them!! Brilliant! Thanks Deb! Happy birthday!!!🎉 

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 1

So the big mystery and big problem I mentioned earlier. 

We were originally a party of 4 in two adjacent rooms, one 18 year old plus one middle aged adult booked in each. We booked this cruise 13 months ago.

A few short weeks ago it became clear that an ongoing health issue had escalated and the other over 21 passenger would not be able to travel. The written policy says one person over 21 must be in each room with certain exceptions that we don’t meet.

I was advised, however, by a travel agent and Cruise Critic member, that this policy is routinely waived upon request and not to worry. Sure enough at checkin today it was no problem so the 3 of us are in two adjacent rooms. I am of course mostly stuffing the kids in together as originally planned and luxuriating in my first solo cabin.

There is a financial impact to all of this which I will come back to later.

• Like 24

20 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Wise advice from the birthday girl. (Happy Birthday!)

18 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Yes I found them!! Brilliant! Thanks Deb! Happy birthday!!!🎉 

Hey thanks!!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Our two rooms are in a tiny hallway behind a locked door containing nothing else! Like a mini suite of sorts.

IMG_4131.thumb.jpeg.a9c87a57e0d7f514b07796f78f7d6043.jpeg

Nice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Informal poll: 

Does baklava, by any chance, happen to count as a fruit or maybe even a vegetable? 

Select your best answer:

1. Yes

2. No

3. Well, it’s not meat so maybe 

4. One piece per day is fruit, two is cheating 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Informal poll: 

Does baklava, by any chance, happen to count as a fruit or maybe even a vegetable? 

Select your best answer:

1. Yes

2. No

Yes !   The flour and sugar are all grown by farmers ! hence it's a vegetable !

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

37 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Informal poll: 

Select your best answer:

1. Yes

2. No

4.  If you only do something once a day, you can assign any category to it.  In my book, it doesn't actually happen until you do it twice.  Vacation rules are different than home rules.  That's how I get around the "I never eat bacon" rule.  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Informal poll: 

Select your best answer:

1. Yes

2. No

3. Honey comes from clover, a plant. Pistachios or walnuts come from trees and are high in protein and healthy fats. The nuts, honey, and phyllo pastry used to make baklava provide a rich source of essential nutrients, including protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Additionally, baklava may help to improve heart health, boost energy levels, aid digestion, help with weight loss and brain function ( that part from google). Also one piece is very yummy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, JaneRetired said:

3. Honey comes from clover, a plant. Pistachios or walnuts come from trees and are high in protein and healthy fats. The nuts, honey, and phyllo pastry used to make baklava provide a rich source of essential nutrients, including protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Additionally, baklava may help to improve heart health, boost energy levels, aid digestion, help with weight loss and brain function ( that part from google). Also one piece is very yummy!

Poppycock count as flowers?😉

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Haha 3

My daughter and I are doing an Ovation of the Seas Alaskan cruise in August, flying from Virginia to Seattle on Alaskan Airlines, so your review is relevant to me.  Even more relevant is the fact that I am leaving my three fur kitties (all adopted from shelters) at home with a friend while I go cruise.  Your kitties are beautiful. I know you will miss them and your dog, but what a glad reunion when you return home. Have a special time with the kids you were able to bring on the cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@KmomChicago I am coming late to the party.  Keep watching for options for the Northstar and Ripcord throughout the days.  

I am a Chicago suburb native and tend to stick with the suburbs, but love many aspects of downtown although I have not gone for quite awhile.  I have good memories of the museums, Navy pier in the summer and going down with a friend who hot walked polo ponies at the Chicago Armory (many years ago).  You always hear about the bad, but there is so much good that you do not hear about.

Enjoy your cruse.  Alaska is beautiful.  Take plenty of pictures, but also take time to just absorb and enjoy it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Poppycock count as flowers?😉

I like this answer!

28 minutes ago, Cherful59 said:

@KmomChicago I am coming late to the party.  Keep watching for options for the Northstar and Ripcord throughout the days.  

I am a Chicago suburb native and tend to stick with the suburbs, but love many aspects of downtown although I have not gone for quite awhile.  I have good memories of the museums, Navy pier in the summer and going down with a friend who hot walked polo ponies at the Chicago Armory (many years ago).  You always hear about the bad, but there is so much good that you do not hear about.

Enjoy your cruse.  Alaska is beautiful.  Take plenty of pictures, but also take time to just absorb and enjoy it!

@Cherful59 thanks and thanks for coming along from the burbs! You’re not really late. We just got on the actual ship about 6 hours ago!

53 minutes ago, djyellowsub said:

My daughter and I are doing an Ovation of the Seas Alaskan cruise in August, flying from Virginia to Seattle on Alaskan Airlines, so your review is relevant to me.  Even more relevant is the fact that I am leaving my three fur kitties (all adopted from shelters) at home with a friend while I go cruise.  Your kitties are beautiful. I know you will miss them and your dog, but what a glad reunion when you return home. Have a special time with the kids you were able to bring on the cruise!

@djyellowsub I can report so far that it’s an awesome ship! Yes I miss the 3 of them but they always forgive me pretty quickly. ❤️❤️

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

4.  If you only do something once a day, you can assign any category to it.  In my book, it doesn't actually happen until you do it twice.  Vacation rules are different than home rules.  That's how I get around the "I never eat bacon" rule.  😉

I like this answer!

2 hours ago, sdear said:

Yes !   The flour and sugar are all grown by farmers ! hence it's a vegetable !

I like this answer!

1 hour ago, JaneRetired said:

I like this answer!

• Haha 3