Upgrade Offer - Opinions needed

So we are taking our 7 year old on the Celebration this summer and are currently booked in a premium interior on deck 10. We have been presented with an upgrade to balcony room 15379 for $414. Is this something that we should jump on? Thanks!

If you can afford, I would do it.   My kids are older now,  but when they were young and would be asleep before us, it was amazing to take a drink out on the balcony.  The balcony isn't huge,  but it makes the room so much bigger.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hands down if the money agrees with you take it.  We always did balcony cabins when DS was young and still took naps. Whether it was my turn or DH turn to do the nap time in the cabin the balcony was great for a glass a wine and a good book while DS slept.  Also, good place to sit and wait for all of us to get ready for dinner. 

Once we started with balconies (regular, extended, Havana or suites) there was no turning back after that.  

I'd do it, depending on the length of your cruise and what you've already spent. As others have mentioned, it's nice to have a place to escape to when your kids have bedtime but you're not quite ready yet. There's also nothing quite like having your own private outdoor space on a cruise ship, IMHO.

• Like 1

Don't know what you decided, but check where on deck 15 that cabin is located. Deck 15 is under the Lido Deck (which is deck 16). The forward part of 15 has cabins above it on deck 16, but the rest of 15 is under the Lido activities. Might not be an issue, but something worth considering.

It does sit under the pool deck, but at the very far end of the poll deck with very little traffic. I would take the upgrade in a heart beat.  But this is coming from someone who would pass on a cruise if only interiors or ocean views were available .

• Like 2

Thank you everyone. We ended up taking the upgrade. It is below the Lido deck, but it seems to be in an area where there is tables and chairs and not beneath the main pool area, so we figured it would be ok. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

good move.  being near lido is nice especially for pool and dive in movies IF that's your jam.  

my first couple handful of crusies were balconies and i vastly prefer that option UNLESS i can get an OV for much less.  or an inside for almost free (i really like a window, at least) 

sounds like you are gonna have a blast.  Fins up! 

• Like 1

Glad you took the upgrade!

Let me add the following thoughts, especially for others in the same situation regarding young children.  And let me preface by saying we are anything but 'balcony only' people. We would likely never choose a balc for an Alaskan cruise, for example, given the price differential and the way we utilize it as a couple. Simply not worth it to us. There are those that have a different opinion. More power to them.  But it gives the reader some perspective on how we value different cabins and where our bias lies.

So in your example of sailing with a 7 year old balcony utility goes WAY up. The balcony provides a 'quiet space' away from your sleeping child; both for morning coffee and for an evening bottle of wine. That's so valuable when traveling with children allowing mom and dad to readily enjoy the cruise while at the same time keeping an eye on their child/children. As they get older, we're also very much in favor of the 'across the hall interior' when both adults and teenage kids value a bit of privacy. Our kids shared an adjacent room during their HS years as I recall. 

• Like 2