Princess YouTube

Hi all,

Just booked my 2nd Princess cruise, 36th cruise overall. I like to watch YouTube to get an idea of the ports and ship.

Royal has a blogger called "Royal Caribbean Blog" who creates wonderful content for Royal. Does Princess have a content creator on YouTube I should watch?

BTW, I'm also a cruise content creator for YouTube, but I don't specialize in any particular line 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArizonaStorm said:

"Let's Go! Travel Tips".  They are independent reviewers, but focus a majority of their daily vlogs on Princess.

A good source for daily updates and news. For comprehensive tours and reviews of ships, “Ben and David” havre created a ton of content, not just on Princess but on many cruise lines. 

45 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

A good source for daily updates and news. For comprehensive tours and reviews of ships, “Ben and David” havre created a ton of content, not just on Princess but on many cruise lines. 

I LOVE Ben And David! Will definitely keep a closer eye on their content!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

He isn't Princess only, but Don's Family Vacations has a whole lot of Princess videos.

We listen to him quite often but he doesn't like to show to much video of the actual ship as a few others do.

All he does is talk, talk, talk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My favorite vloggers are Tips for Travelers and Emma Cruises. However, never goes on Princess that much. The Let's Go! lady mentioned above seems to mostly travel on Princess but is not one I subscribe to for ... reasons.

Princess has their own YouTube channel but it has a PR slant, not an informational slant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 555 said:

We listen to him quite often but he doesn't like to show to much video of the actual ship as a few others do.

...and roll his eyes a lot and laugh at his own "jokes"

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, 555 said:

I watched a couple of his videos a year ago, around the time he was milking his father's death as "click-bait" sadness, yet not-so-sad as to interfere with his trip.  He apparently has loyal followers.

Posted (edited)

Just google the ship or even a cabin and you will find many DIY videos of the ships. Since they are not produced by the line they are generally even handed

Edited by memoak
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MacMadame said:

but is not one I subscribe to for ... reasons

Yeah. I listen in when I hear that there is breaking news, but I can only take her in very small doses.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArizonaStorm said:

I watched a couple of his videos a year ago, around the time he was milking his father's death as "click-bait" sadness, yet not-so-sad as to interfere with his trip.  He apparently has loyal followers.

We watch him occasionally but mostly Tony who at least posts video's of his trips.

I just go to You Tube and put in the name of the ship.  there are usually a lot of videos for that particular ship by everyday cruisers.  I don't watch anything produced by the cruise line.  You can put in the name of the port and get good videos that way as well.  Happy cruising!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marden1970 said:

I just go to You Tube and put in the name of the ship.  there are usually a lot of videos for that particular ship by everyday cruisers.  I don't watch anything produced by the cruise line.  You can put in the name of the port and get good videos that way as well.  Happy cruising!

We tried that for Ruby Princess and found a lot of folks turning the camera real quickly, making us all motion sick.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Use the search function to search for the ship you want to see.  You will get a list of videos.  Some are useful, others are purely click bait.  There are great differences in Vlogger quality and agendas, but you can find useful stuff.

There are some TAs who post videos that are more video tours and less opinion pieces.

Edited by davy jones

2 hours ago, davy jones said:

Use the search function to search for the ship you want to see.  You will get a list of videos.  Some are useful, others are purely click bait.  There are great differences in Vlogger quality and agendas, but you can find useful stuff.

There are some TAs who post videos that are more video tours and less opinion pieces.

I actually started a post about one TA who we use quire often, but had to delete it when I realized that, as a TA, he can't be named. His videos cover many cruise lines including Princess, and his comprehensive ship walkthroughs and particularly his cabin reviews are quite valuable.

4 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I actually started a post about one TA who we use quire often, but had to delete it when I realized that, as a TA, he can't be named. His videos cover many cruise lines including Princess, and his comprehensive ship walkthroughs and particularly his cabin reviews are quite valuable.

I think I know who you mean, I too enjoy his walk throughs.  

We are cruising on Crown Princess in December and I think we've watched every you tube clip on Crown Princess that has been uploaded in 2023 and 2024!

I think I know the layout of the ship inside and out like the back of my hand - and we've not yet stepped on board LOL!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Yes, I'm thinking of a rather tall fellow...

BTW, what is the rule about not naming TA's?  Is that a CC rule?

1 hour ago, warthog2608 said:

Yes, I'm thinking of a rather tall fellow...

BTW, what is the rule about not naming TA's?  Is that a CC rule?

Yup, that's him all right. And yes, it's a very big rule here on CC that Travel Agents cannot be named. Not sure why, many other business entities can be named and discussed ad nauseam, just not TAs.