Villa Suites No Longer Sleep 14, What Gives?

I went to add the remaining passengers to our Liberty sailing and was initially told by our travel agent that Royal Caribbean now allows a maximum of 9 passengers in the 4 bedroom villa suites. We have a party of 12 (8 adults, 4 kids).

Luckily, our travel agent was able to speak with the right people and everyone was able to be booked in the room, although, I don't think that they are going to allow more than 9 moving forward. It sounded like they made an exception due to the 14 passenger maximum being stated on the current webpages.

This maximum of 9 people is only stated on the categorization grid. Elsewhere on the website, it clearly shows 14.

Just wanted to give people a heads up in case anyone was looking to book a large party in one of these rooms on Liberty, Symphony, or Harmony.

That's odd- I wonder why they would change it.  We sailed in the Villa on Symphony in 2019 and it's a great cabin when you have a larger party. Glad you were able to get it booked for your group. 

When we cruise , its just the two of us ,  lol ,  we dont tell anybody we are going until its very close to the cruise date , so they cant join us even if they wanted to.😁

• Haha 3

It might be affected by the number of passengers already assigned to that muster station.   I've heard that can affect the number of passengers already assigned. 

• Thanks 1

That is indeed an odd change, especially given that it has had a minimum occupancy of 8 to book it. We had it on Harmony for a group of 8 and it was wonderful. Wanted to book it on Symphony for summer 2025 but the $39K price tag was a bit too extreme. Others must feel the same as it is still available for several dates —- it’s usually a cabin that is gone on release day. 

mac_tlc

If I'm not mistaken it was supposed to converted away from a Villa on Liberty and made into two smaller suites or something like that.

Maybe they are preparing for that.

8 hours ago, njkruzer said:

It might be affected by the number of passengers already assigned to that muster station.   I've heard that can affect the number of passengers already assigned. 

I wondered that as well, but since they ended up allowing the 12 of us it wasn't that the muster station capacity had been reached for our sailing.

I do think that their new limit of 9 may be due to some situations in the past where they've had to leave some cabins in that muster station segment empty due to the villa suite being filled with close to 14 passengers. Just a guess

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

If I'm not mistaken it was supposed to converted away from a Villa on Liberty and made into two smaller suites or something like that.

Maybe they are preparing for that.

I saw that as well. They did that for Freedom. Changed it into 4 junior suites.

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

I don’t know 14 people I’d like to share a stateroom with for the duration of a cruise. I’m probably the exception though 🤷‍♂️

No you arent .  LOL  🤣

Im in agreement with you on that one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

I don’t know 14 people I’d like to share a stateroom with for the duration of a cruise. I’m probably the exception though 🤷‍♂️

I agree with you.  No thanks.

• Like 3