Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

1 hour ago, Octavias said:

How do you request in advance?  I plan to request them if they are not there next week.  HUGE part of our balcony experience!  

I sent an e-mail to executiveoffice@celebrity.com and told them I was sorry to learn about the lounger situation on Celebrity Ships.  I further opined that it was ridiculous that one has to go through the trouble of requesting a lounger only to further burden the crew to put back into place that which used to be there when I booked my cabin.  I then gave my sail date, ship, cabin number and requested that 2 loungers be on our balcony upon arrival.  I guess we will see what happens...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Do you really think celebrity cares? They are after the younger people.

If one thing like this causes you to go to another cruise line, let me know what cruise line you go to and there will be others leaving it, too. 

I could care less if Celebrity cares or not.  I decided to go back with them on this upcoming cruise for ports in Scandinavia and schedule after not cruising with them for over 12 years.  There are other ways to enjoy with our money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Do you really think celebrity cares? They are after the younger people.

If one thing like this causes you to go to another cruise line, let me know what cruise line you go to and there will be others leaving it, too. 

At this point it isn’t one thing.  It’s been one thing after another since we booked our first cruise a year ago.  The butler fiasco, the new up charges in the dining room, the increase in prices and decrease in selection on the drink packages, the increased prices and eliminating tips and OBC for most suites, and the list goes on.

have other cruise lines been making so many negative changes too?  I really don’t know.  I threw my lot in with Celebrity and haven’t really been paying attention elsewhere.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Octavias said:

have other cruise lines been making so many negative changes too?  I really don’t know.  I threw my lot in with Celebrity and haven’t really been paying attention elsewhere.

My parents recently came off a Princess cruise to the ABC islands.  My mom and I cruise together a lot but never on Princess, so she has a frame of reference.  My dad, however, is/was only loyal to Princess.  After returning from their most recent cruise at the end of March, my dad finally said no more Princess.  They had an upper level suite and the highest level of drinks package...whatever that may be.  Dad said service has slipped, their "premium" wines were akin to boxed wine (maybe a little exaggeration), no more writing paper or pen in suite, they didn't ask preferences for mini bar set up, the included specialty dining had limited reservations available, no more individual toiletries or fresh flowers or corsage on formal night...and his list went on.  His assessment was that since the cruise lines lost so much money during Covid, they are trying anything and everything to recoup their losses...and it shows.  This was his first cruise since the restart so all he knows is how it used to be.  So I think the answer to you question is absolutely yes!

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My parents recently came off a Princess cruise to the ABC islands.  My mom and I cruise together a lot but never on Princess, so she has a frame of reference.  My dad, however, is/was only loyal to Princess.  After returning from their most recent cruise at the end of March, my dad finally said no more Princess.  They had an upper level suite and the highest level of drinks package...whatever that may be.  Dad said service has slipped, their "premium" wines were akin to boxed wine (maybe a little exaggeration), no more writing paper or pen in suite, they didn't ask preferences for mini bar set up, the included specialty dining had limited reservations available, no more individual toiletries...and his list went on.  His assessment was that since the cruise lines lost so much money during Covid, they are trying anything and everything to recoup their losses...and it shows.  This was his first cruise since the restart so all he knows is how it used to be.  So I think the answer to you question is absolutely yes!

Did they have loungers on their balcony on Princess?

Just now, new2cruise said:

Did they have loungers on their balcony on Princess?

We didn't on ours (standard balcony) but we had two comfortable chairs, a small table and a foot stool.We never felt we were in danger of falling overboard. 😂 

• Haha 8

11 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My parents recently came off a Princess cruise to the ABC islands.  My mom and I cruise together a lot but never on Princess, so she has a frame of reference.  My dad, however, is/was only loyal to Princess.  After returning from their most recent cruise at the end of March, my dad finally said no more Princess.  They had an upper level suite and the highest level of drinks package...whatever that may be.  Dad said service has slipped, their "premium" wines were akin to boxed wine (maybe a little exaggeration), no more writing paper or pen in suite, they didn't ask preferences for mini bar set up, the included specialty dining had limited reservations available, no more individual toiletries or fresh flowers or corsage on formal night...and his list went on.  His assessment was that since the cruise lines lost so much money during Covid, they are trying anything and everything to recoup their losses...and it shows.  This was his first cruise since the restart so all he knows is how it used to be.  So I think the answer to you question is absolutely yes!

We did a 11night Enchanted cruise in March 2024. We had the Plus BP and the selections of wines and beers we selected were good. The entire package (additional perks) is way better than both BPs Celebrity offers. Looking forward to our next Princess cruise. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Octavias said:

At this point it isn’t one thing.  It’s been one thing after another since we booked our first cruise a year ago.  The butler fiasco, the new up charges in the dining room, the increase in prices and decrease in selection on the drink packages, the increased prices and eliminating tips and OBC for most suites, and the list goes on.

To answer your question. Yes, we cruised Celebrity, MSC, NCL, RCI & PRINCESS last year. They all have change perks, prices, etc. Food, services, etc., is no longer what it was before Covid. They are also fully booked now. So, they don't care. 

Examples for our up coming cruises this year.  If I were to book my Beyond cruise today it would be over $1,000 more for same cabin.

NCL over $700 more. Princess over $1,200 more.

I booked those last year. So, Prices are going up. 

However, got a great price on Equinox TA for Apr 2025. Could not believe it. 

Happy Cruising!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, doghog said:

We did a 11night Enchanted cruise in March 2024. We had the Plus BP and the selections of wines and beers we selected were good. The entire package (additional perks) is way better than both BPs Celebrity offers. Looking forward to our next Princess cruise. 

I'm hoping my dad comes around to go on another .  I rather doubt it was a drastic as he made it out to be but he can be a bit of a curmudgeon.  And it didn't help that he came home with cruise crud...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, asctony said:

To answer your question. Yes, we cruised Celebrity, MSC, NCL, RCI & PRINCESS last year. They all have change perks, prices, etc. Food, services, etc., is no longer what it was before Covid. They are also fully booked now. So, they don't care. 

Examples for our up coming cruises this year.  If I were to book my Beyond cruise today it would be over $1,000 more for same cabin.

NCL over $700 more. Princess over $1,200 more.

I booked those last year. So, Prices are going up. 

However, got a great price on Equinox TA for Apr 2025. Could not believe it. 

Happy Cruising!

They are also fully booked now. So, they don't care.  I also beleive this to be very true.  They will not care until they finish paying off the shutdown incurred debt.  They may test the waters and if a prolonged outcry results, tweak it a bit, but overall, they do not care.  Though even after, it will be hard to relinquish the profit they are raking in.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

It must have been years since your Dad cruised Princess.

Most of the things he was missing were gone years ago. 

Princess Pkgs are cheap compare to Celebrities. For $60 per day you get drinks, WiFi, tips g more . Their premium pkg for$80 get more.

Compare that to Celebrities Classis or top pkg. Much more per day and less Tips, etc.

Edited by asctony
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, asctony said:

It must have been years since your Dad cruised Princess.

His last cruise was late 2018.  So yes, it had been years.  My point was not to disparage Princess...only to say that I believe all cruise lines have made cuts.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

His last cruise was late 2018.  So yes, it had been years.  My point was not to disparage Princess...only to say that I believe all cruise lines have made cuts.

No, I wasn't trying to disagree or make Princess sound good or bad.

My only point is everything has changed. Covid was the reason for many changes. Then price increases. 

Princess Speciality Restaurants are $35 to $39 per guest. Celebrity is at least double. 

Tell your Dad to compare Celebrity to Princess. Each cruise line has their pluses & minuses.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, I believe they did!  I guess one cruise line's cuts is another cruise line's splurge!

Can’t speak to Princess, but we just did a cruise on Ncl Encore in the Haven (their suite /ship within a ship) and I LOVED everything about the Haven…from their cabins, to the butler, to the restaurant, to the private sun deck both inside and outside lounge areas. And yes we had thick padded loungers and chairs on our balcony. And NCL has some very nice itineraries. We prefer the Celebrity product but wow it’s changing so much and not for the better. 

Edited by mickeysgal
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, new2cruise said:

For I those of you who have cruised on other lines recently, do they still have loungers on the balconies?

Yes

I have a question.  On this thread how many people who asked for loungers in MCSSs were denied?  I think the OP finally got them but how often does this problem happen on these cabins on E -Class?

1 hour ago, Oville said:

I have a question.  On this thread how many people who asked for loungers in MCSSs were denied?  I think the OP finally got them but how often does this problem happen on these cabins on E -Class?

Fleetwide.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Oville said:

We got on the Edge last fall in a MCSS that we had stayed in 2x previously.  Other sailing there were 2 loungers last fall none.  I asked them cabin attendant for 1, she said 1 or 2?  We only wanted 1 as 2 made the balcony a bit crowded.  
I didn’t think a thing about there not being. 
On the Edge last month had 2 MCSSs and both had a lounge chair.  

another thing on the Edge the only cabins that had loungers from the start were SV, MCSS and probably high end suites , have not stayed in a high end suite on E class.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 10:14 PM, voyager1964 said:

loungeseating.thumb.jpg.b0a185ee0e14f6665dfdbe859e6a088c.jpgThe current description on X's website actually spells "lounge seating" on veranda even for the lowest suite category - see the screenshot. Now, the Merriam dictionary defines the lounge chair as follows: ": a long chair with a back that can be moved so that the user can sit up or lie down"

So, Celebrity refuses to deliver what it promises.. Isn't this called a breach of contract?

Was just going to post this. Lounge seating is also guaranteed for Concierge level veranda rooms. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

We got on the Edge last fall in a MCSS that we had stayed in 2x previously.  Other sailing there were 2 loungers last fall none.  I asked them cabin attendant for 1, she said 1 or 2?  We only wanted 1 as 2 made the balcony a bit crowded.  
I didn’t think a thing about there not being. 
On the Edge last month had 2 MCSSs and both had a lounge chair.  

another thing on the Edge the only cabins that had loungers from the start were SV, MCSS and probably high end suites , have not stayed in a high end suite on E class.

Thank you.  Who knows how messed up things got when the butlers were semi removed.  Disagree about the Edge SV initially, check out the pix on the Edge thread above.  Ask and you may get.😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I sent an e-mail requesting loungers over the weekend for our upcoming cruise on Edge. In my e-mail I expressed my disappointment in the new policy and also offered to sign a liability waiver. Here is the response from the executive office:

image.thumb.png.d70cebfb598587bb6848d3cd0fa34431.png

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Thanks 2