Ocean Cay reopening?

40 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes, I forgot about them also trying to crash Ocean House.

P.S. You reminded me of another quote by Rousseau "There are always four sides to a story; your side, their side, the truth, and what really happened."

I am just pointing out my experiences.  I am not sure why people waiting up front to be seated should cause you stress.  Relax and enjoy.  If they wanted to get seated right away they should have gotten there earlier.  

I have not seen people not in the YC try to eat at Ocean house but we have seen people stroll onto the YC beach since they person sitting in on the road doesn't always get everyone.  Normally the Butler spots them and asks them to leave.  We did witness a group in their 20's not react well to being asked to leave.  But that was a very isolated case.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dmc94 said:

I'm talking about Ocean Cay. My wife is vegetarian and the YC OC restaurant didn't look to have any options. 

Do they no longer have the Portabella sandwich?

3 minutes ago, GPPhilly said:

I am not sure why people waiting up front to be seated should cause you stress. 

Just that some of us are more empathetic. For instance, a couple sat next to us on a recent Regent Grandeur cruise in Compass Rose and complained to the maitre d' that they did not know of the once a cruise Grand Barbecue that was the highlight of the cruise and there was not an available table as they were all coveted from 5:30 pm til it ended around 10:30 pm. I felt their disappointment. When I went to check the situation out I became indignant finding saved tables for officers and staff. I took a photo below. I questioned our butler why we were not informed about this event and why being Grand Suite guests we did not have the option of a reserved table, which we could later offer to someone else ? I canceled two future cruises in the same Grand Suite and switched back to MSC.

BARBECUE.jpg

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Drat !

I believe they’ve added more sand to the beach (though it’s still very stony entering the water).  Also, they’ve extended Ocean House.  Hopefully these pics will give you some insight 

IMG_9112.thumb.jpeg.5697af07880c9ca41e5d9e4d06aeb4d6.jpeg

IMG_9117.thumb.jpeg.b1e74f5c3407c97f678b193046eb8082.jpeg

IMG_9118.thumb.jpeg.ae0f8ae39d2b34dd8dbce281f7a32853.jpeg

IMG_9120.thumb.jpeg.b09b79dfece1574d69fbf3fe0c016ca0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Not sure if the menu is new, but we enjoyed lunch at a perfect table under the new canopy. Mr B had the crab starter, followed by the lobster roll (has nothing to compare it to as he hadn’t had one before) and finished with crème caramel.  He highly recommends everything he had.  I had the carne asada;  while the meat was very rare for my taste, it was so tender and had a very nice flavour, so I would recommend it.  I had the mango cheesecake;  the biscuit base was soft. 

IMG_9115.thumb.jpeg.e9a1c602c5d461ab2a92f24b239b8fcb.jpeg

IMG_9122.thumb.jpeg.d6674ac6a3068151d941d7782f5aa18a.jpeg

IMG_9125.thumb.jpeg.c86fc9dee19e74fd3bf9974d10e73ae6.jpeg

IMG_9126.thumb.jpeg.00a0b6c4393248c15572d3e6c924cc54.jpeg

IMG_9127.thumb.jpeg.37bb698c4eba2d2f958744eb29da8088.jpeg

IMG_9128.thumb.jpeg.90846fe499da0ada3b5fb10f14bf7220.jpeg

• Like 1

Sincere apologies to non-YCers - didn’t mean to narrow the focus.  The only other area of the island we’ve hung out in is the Lighthouse bar as the staff from Cabaret Rouge are working here. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

In this YC beach picture they added the net barrier to keep marine life out of the bathing area where there was only a buoy to mark how far the lifeguard would allow one to swim up to.

IMG_9112.thumb.jpeg.5697af07880c9ca41e5d9e4d06aeb4d6.jpg

IMG_2933.jpeg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, marti2282 said:

Was wondering if any additional restrooms been added to Ocean House? Porta-potties still there?

Yes, plus the ONE loo in the building which is shared by males and females. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks for the update. Had really hoped that this was on the reno list.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 5:41 PM, jean87510 said:

I plan to share our experience as it will be a lot of 1sts for her (First class plane ticket, MSC, A Butler, swimming pigs 🐖😀).  I'll definitely take a lot of pictures of Ocean Cay.  I plan on (if I can) running around island in the morning of day 2.  

I am on the Seashore June 20 and can't find any option for the pigs. We did a similar excursion on RC's Cococay and really wanted to do it again. Where did you find it?

24 minutes ago, AllieNC said:

I am on the Seashore June 20 and can't find any option for the pigs. We did a similar excursion on RC's Cococay and really wanted to do it again. Where did you find it?

This is not a ship excursion.  

On 5/24/2024 at 2:28 PM, Beamafar said:

Not sure if the menu is new, but we enjoyed lunch at a perfect table under the new canopy. Mr B had the crab starter, followed by the lobster roll (has nothing to compare it to as he hadn’t had one before) and finished with crème caramel.  He highly recommends everything he had.  I had the carne asada;  while the meat was very rare for my taste, it was so tender and had a very nice flavour, so I would recommend it.  I had the mango cheesecake;  the biscuit base was soft. 

IMG_9115.thumb.jpeg.e9a1c602c5d461ab2a92f24b239b8fcb.jpeg

That is the same menu I had in January and March of this year. Personally, I always order the burger with a bun and the lobster roll without the roll, then put the lobster meat on the burger. I call it an Island Surf & Turf. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

That is the same menu I had in January and March of this year. Personally, I always order the burger with a bun and the lobster roll without the roll, then put the lobster meat on the burger. I call it an Island Surf & Turf. 

👍. I’d say you’ve given some people a great meal suggestion here. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Beamafar said:

👍. I’d say you’ve given some people a great meal suggestion here. 

This is what it looks like when "assembled".

MSC Ocean Cay Lobster Burger.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Personally, I always order the burger with a bun and the lobster roll without the roll, then put the lobster meat on the burger. I call it an Island Surf & Turf. 

I've seen this recommendation many times on this board and people really seem to like it. I really can't see myself enjoying it. To me it seems like an odd combination. Am I the only one?

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

I've seen this recommendation many times on this board and people really seem to like it. I really can't see myself enjoying it. To me it seems like an odd combination. Am I the only one?

I think I'd prefer two lobster rolls.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2024 at 2:16 PM, Beamafar said:

I believe they’ve added more sand to the beach (though it’s still very stony entering the water).  Also, they’ve extended Ocean House.  Hopefully these pics will give you some insight 

IMG_9112.thumb.jpeg.5697af07880c9ca41e5d9e4d06aeb4d6.jpeg

IMG_9117.thumb.jpeg.b1e74f5c3407c97f678b193046eb8082.jpeg

IMG_9118.thumb.jpeg.ae0f8ae39d2b34dd8dbce281f7a32853.jpeg

IMG_9120.thumb.jpeg.b09b79dfece1574d69fbf3fe0c016ca0.jpeg

Can definitely see the differences, thanks for the pics

6 hours ago, RichYak said:

I’ll try it..

On 5/24/2024 at 7:18 PM, Beamafar said:

The ocean works most of the time..not all of the time though.. 🙂. There was a trailer across the path that is air conditioned, so that wasn’t bad..

Just wanted to update everyone that Ocean Cay is indeed open and other than some minor buildings under construction, there is no other evidence anything was happening…

unfortunately my visit was cut short as I was stung by a jellyfish in the lagoon. They were able to treat it on the island within 30 minutes to halt any further inflammation, but the damage was done in terms of being able to relax on the island.