LIVE from Jewel May 15, 2024 - 27 nights

18 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

@twangster, and @Hoopster95, thanks so much for the great photos/videos and taking us all along.

Quick question on the Twizy in Geiranger.  How was the fit for the back seat rider? 

Chels of Trev and Chels can show you:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Chels of Trev and Chels can show you:

Thanks a bunch! 😁 We are both tall and Ken is envisioning driving with my legs flung up over his shoulders from behind. I’m game if he is. 😉 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, barbeyg said:

@twangster, and @Hoopster95, thanks so much for the great photos/videos and taking us all along.

Quick question on the Twizy in Geiranger.  How was the fit for the back seat rider? 

As the driver I can firmly state it was great!

Maybe I should defer to @Hoopster95 on this question.  🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Sea day so I had some time to work on the departure time lapse leaving Geiranger.  

We saw the fjord on the way in so this is really to show where the bridge did the 360° turn and a surprise sunset at the end.  Consequently I sped it up.

I ended the time lapse just after midnight to give you an idea how bright it is this far North this time of year, three weeks before the summer solstice.

• Like 8

On 5/30/2024 at 3:59 AM, twangster said:

2,178 guests

1,214 CAS

45 P

229 D+

322 D

The numbers the LA mentioned yesterday were:

2127 total (a few may have left yesterday, like the person in an ambulance)

Gold 350

Platinum 182

Emerald 86

D, D+, P the same

She mentioned that she realized the Top Tier slide with the numbers was wrong as soon as she put it up and was mortified by the mistake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The numbers the LA mentioned yesterday were:

2127 total (a few may have left yesterday, like the person in an ambulance)

Gold 350

Platinum 182

Emerald 86

D, D+, P the same

She mentioned that she realized the Top Tier slide with the numbers was wrong as soon as she put it up and was mortified by the mistake.

My numbers came from an announcement meant for crew during the B2B process before boarding had commenced.  As such they were anticipated numbers.  Amazingly there are numbers of people who don't show up.  Missed flights, medical or family events, etc.

2,178 became 2,127.  So it seems 51 no shows or early departures. Interesting.

I'm always fascinated by these types of stats.  That's probably 20 to 30 cabins.  This is why RoyalUp exists, or at least in part.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Captain's noon address.  We'll cross the line at 2:55pm.  The imaginary line of the Arctic circle.  He did mention it won't be visible in the ocean.  I wonder if anyone thought...  

Apparently we will celebrate the crossing on the return trip Southbound. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

29 minutes ago, twangster said:

I wonder if anyone thought... 

Having worked for many years in a customer-facing tourism role in the past, it would totally not surprise me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

22 hours ago, twangster said:

The Twizy was an amazing experience and we were very fortunate the weather cleared up as much as it did.  This was booked directly with a local tour company.

Here is some video from my 360 camera of the Twizy tour and subsequent walk along the river.

Geiranger is beautiful with a lot to do and see.

Hey twangster, this an AMAZING video.

I’ve said it many times on this forum and I’ll say it again… you are by far the best photographer/videographer/poster on this forum. Thank you for sharing the car with me. I would be grateful to get a dropbox

link after the cruise (or whatever media you use) so that I can have all these memories.👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, twangster said:

Maybe I should defer to @Hoopster95 on this question.  🤣

Well…  it’s when you came around the

back of the car with the crowbar you just retrieved from the spare tire area 😳

Nah!!! Wasn’t that bad. I’m 5’11” 195 and was relatively easy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, twangster said:

The Twizy was an amazing experience and we were very fortunate the weather cleared up as much as it did.  This was booked directly with a local tour company.

Here is some video from my 360 camera of the Twizy tour and subsequent walk along the river.

Geiranger is beautiful with a lot to do and see.

Love this video!  Those things look like fun to drive.  How fast can they go?  And I'd need a very long pole to get some of those over-the-cliff-edge shots.  You won't get me standing near those insubstantial looking fences. 😵‍💫

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love this video!  Those things look like fun to drive.  How fast can they go?  And I'd need a very long pole to get some of those over-the-cliff-edge shots.  You won't get me standing near those insubstantial looking fences. 😵‍💫

Twangster looked over at me at one point and said we just hit 80kmh! I figured it was fast as in the back seat my cheeks were flapping around like dog with it’s head out the window! 

image.gif.c8aeab1e07b60c49734aaf2b09fcb593.gif

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

Nah!!! Wasn’t that bad. I’m 5’11” 195 and was relatively easy. 

@Hoopster95, thanks! I’m 5’10” myself, and weigh less than that so we should be good. Sold Ken on it with the video shared in this thread, and now just to decide which to choose. The 2 hour or the 3 hour. Thanks much to you and @twangster

• Like 5

9 hours ago, barbeyg said:

@Hoopster95, thanks! I’m 5’10” myself, and weigh less than that so we should be good. Sold Ken on it with the video shared in this thread, and now just to decide which to choose. The 2 hour or the 3 hour. Thanks much to you and @twangster

Choose the 3 hour…. On a clearer day we would’ve spent more time at Eagle point as there are 2 short hikes (0.1 and 0.3 km) to secondary viewpoints…. and maybe taking 10 hairpin turns at 80kmh like twangster Andretti did isn’t your  cup of tea 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

At 2:55pm we reached the Arctic Circle.

IMG_6402.thumb.JPG.fc2d7337842b0f73c6cc0819f6693b17.JPG

I almost missed it on account of the mermaids that were trying to distract me.  

JW-05-15-24-1331.thumb.jpg.3fbe21fa716d0f707bb312d9b577d969.jpg

JW-05-15-24-1332.thumb.jpg.57305d5f9a61f5619cba1bfe050fc36c.jpg

Of course Apple maps had us crossing it earlier but I trust Captain Michael more.

IMG_6403.thumb.PNG.124e6bb438bfdfd43618169b14d8fe60.PNG

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Choose the 3 hour…. On a clearer day we would’ve spent more time at Eagle point as there are 2 short hikes (0.1 and 0.3 km) to secondary viewpoints…. and maybe taking 10 hairpin turns at 80kmh like twangster Andretti did isn’t your  cup of tea 😆

Concur.  We were a little rushed.  

What @Hoopster95 neglected to mention was that by pulling on my seatbelt it caused me to speed up.  

I did manage to squeal the tires on one hairpin turn!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

The 2 hour or the 3 hour.

The place doesn't seem too concerned with the timing of the return of the car. The more important part is conserving the battery charge. We booked the "one hour" Panorama tour but went way past the return point indicated by the GPS (we returned the car after about 1hr 20 min) - the only thing limiting us was the battery going down to less than 1/4 state of charge left. However, both of the tours are uphill so as long as you have some charge left at the end point, you get some recharge on the way back down hill and should not run out of juice.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1