Hello from Marina!

Vallesan

23 hours ago, pinotlover said:

It has been my experience that most of those wearing the lanyards are in a defined group such as a GoNext group or a F&WT group. The lanyard is there to identify you, allow entrance into group only events, and eliminate the need to make name tags for every event. 

It’s a rarity for an independent traveler to wear a lanyard.

Yes, they're definitely a rarity on Oceania, just like ducks.  But for people who don't carry their phone (or crossbody bag) around on the ship all the time, don't have pockets in their clothing, and go in and out of their rooms a lot, a lanyard is helpful. And Etsy has some nice ones. So I'll probably continue to use mine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

An alternative to the lanyard is a light & very mini (I like baggalini’s) crossbody.  It carries the card, lipstick, a bit of cash, tissues and phone for pictures.  

image.jpg

Edited by true45
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, true45 said:

An alternative to the lanyard is a light & very mini (I like baggalini’s) crossbody.  It carries the card, lipstick, a bit of cash, tissues and phone for pictures.  

image.jpg

I like that a lot! It can sit on a table or hang on a chair. Thanks.

4 hours ago, true45 said:

image.jpg

I just tuck my card in my bra. Really. Only a little tricky when I’m wearing a turtleneck. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, SophieM said:

I just tuck my card in my bra. Really. Only a little tricky when I’m wearing a turtleneck. 😉

Do you carry lipstick cash and phone in your bra too?  😇

24 minutes ago, SophieM said:

17 minutes ago, true45 said:

Though now I'm laughing too hard thinking of the great British actress Joanna Lumley playing the Hostel Clerk in the movie EuroTrip (2004) telling the kids where they can store their valuable! If you know, you know. My kids love to quote the line any time we discuss valuables.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, true45 said:

Well, actually, I don’t usually carry either around the ship, but when I do, I typically have a pocket somewhere that works for those. 😊 Good question, though. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, clo said:

I like that a lot! It can sit on a table or hang on a chair. Thanks.

Yeah, hanging it on the back of your chair is a real good plan at a sidewalk cafe in Barcelona. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yeah, hanging it on the back of your chair is a real good plan at a sidewalk cafe in Barcelona. 

I'm hoping it's safe in the ship's dining venues. Off-ship I carry something bigger. Need more.

BTW we were both pickpocketed at the same time in Barcelona some years ago. Didn't even know it until we got ready to pay for a not cheap lunch. Gratefully the manager/owner was very kind.

8 minutes ago, ORV said:

I keep it on.  It’s small.  Have a little bit bigger crossbody for off the ship.  Some are rfid protected too.  

14 minutes ago, clo said:

I'm hoping it's safe in the ship's dining venues. Off-ship I carry something bigger. Need more.

BTW we were both pickpocketed at the same time in Barcelona some years ago. Didn't even know it until we got ready to pay for a not cheap lunch. Gratefully the manager/owner was very kind.

I have a clip security wallet I wear on the inside of the front of my pants. If I have that taken away from me then it's time to hang up traveling. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

I have a clip security wallet I wear on the inside of the front of my pants. If I have that taken away from me then it's time to hang up traveling. 

Our temporary solution was to have one of daughters to wire us $500. We immediately contacted our credit/debit companies. No use had been made. Our cash was minimal. Our long term solution is we have a credit and debit card that unrelated to the ones we walk about with and $100 cash in our safe. That way we're not down for the count. As an aside we were leaving there on a cruise so those things were quite important. Gratefully we got them in time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Does your OH use the same thing?

1 hour ago, clo said:

Does your OH use the same thing?

No, I'm the only one that carries anything in ports. I take out all money except for a minimal amount, $50-$100 or some local money, and one credit card. I also have color copies of our passports folded up in it. So far we've been fortunate. Now if someone pulls a knife or a gun on me they can have it, none of it is worth my life or injury. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

Quick Marina question:  has La Reserve been replaced by the Aquamar Kitchen grill?

Yes - it just happened on the last dry dock a few weeks ago....

23 hours ago, basor said:

Yes - it just happened on the last dry dock a few weeks ago....

O claims they will use Privee for a similar activity to La Reserve. 

5 minutes ago, kahuna21 said:

O claims they will use Privee for a similar activity to La Reserve. 

That is what is being done on Vista...the La Reserve experience offered,  as usual, just served in Privee

On 6/4/2024 at 2:50 PM, ORV said:

🤣😂🤣😂The picture you paint and your comments are hilarious- I hope that doesn’t offend you that I find your comments funny. You are a quick quipper!! Needed this today! Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2024 at 7:35 PM, clo said:

we were both pickpocketed at the same time in Barcelona some years ago

We've been pickpocketed twice. Once in Paris at the main train station when we were arriving from the airport, for a long weekend - cash, plane tickets and passports all stolen. Luckily not the credit cards. Second time in Tenerife - also first night, but they only got away with the €200 my partner had in her handbag. Perhaps needless to say, we are a lot more careful now - only taking out a smallish amount of cash and only one card (everything else stays in the hotel/apartment safe). 

• Like 1

Apologies for hijacking this thread but continuing with pickpocketing experiences:  I've been pickpocketed twice.  Once in Pisa inside a church and once in San Francisco on a city bus.  Both happened 15+ years ago. I am much smarter now about how I carry my valuables. I limit what I carry when I go out, I use a cross body bag with my hand over the zipper compartment. 

These days, I am much more concerned about fraudulent online credit card purchases which has happened to me multiple times in the last couple of years even though the card(s) has never left my possession. 

28 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

Apologies for hijacking this thread but continuing with pickpocketing experiences:  I've been pickpocketed twice.  Once in Pisa inside a church and once in San Francisco on a city bus.  Both happened 15+ years ago. I am much smarter now about how I carry my valuables. I limit what I carry when I go out, I use a cross body bag with my hand over the zipper compartment. 

These days, I am much more concerned about fraudulent online credit card purchases which has happened to me multiple times in the last couple of years even though the card(s) has never left my possession. 

We have recently purchased RFID blocking sleeves for our credit cards after a close friend’s credit card was hacked while in his possession. We also have them for our passports. 

17 minutes ago, SophieM said:

We have recently purchased RFID blocking sleeves for our credit cards after a close friend’s credit card was hacked while in his possession. We also have them for our passports. 

What are RFID sleeves? Not heard of them before. Thanks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

15 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

The ones we bought are credit card sized and will block credit card thieves from electronically stealing your card info. I found them on Amazon. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SophieM said:

The ones we bought are credit card sized and will block credit card thieves from electronically stealing your card info. I found them on Amazon. 

Thank you I’ll take a look.