Hello from Marina!

Vallesan

9 minutes ago, true45 said:

Looks good to me - our favorites are safe. 

Same items as on this "experimental" menu rolled out on Vista. 

20240202_122514.jpg

• Thanks 1

I am likely in the super tiny minority, but I'm saddened that the old veggie burger has been replaced with the Impossible burger. I find this product line impossible to eat because the offerings are too "meaty." 

DH is happy with his favorites still on the menu, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORV said:

No more Chili dog, oh well, it wasn't that good anyway. 

Some on Vista were upset that waygu burger meat replaced real beef filet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vallesan said:

Just wanted to add a bit of an update. Polo tonight for the first time which now has wonderful new leather seats and of course the 7 layer chocolate cake which I’d forgotten about completely. No Oceania trip is complete without sampling that cake!

On another note this is the new Waves menu as of today. Quite reduced. But may still have your favourite.IMG_0393.thumb.jpeg.0fedbef1663c286b1d9f65fdaa604613.jpeg

Disappointed with so many deletions. Grilled fish, chicken to name 2.

On NCLH investor day at NYSE, CEO said they were eliminating about 30% of food items (slow movers), so this is the result in just 1 venue.

Current Waves menu on Sirena (from O website)

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/1719/Waves-Menu.pdf

Edited by FetaCheese
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

Disappointed with so many deletions. Grilled fish, chicken to name 2.

On NCLH investor day at NYSE, CEO said they were eliminating about 30% of food items (slow movers), so this is the result in just 1 venue.

Current Waves menu on Sirena (from O website)

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/1719/Waves-Menu.pdf

Yes, but the cheapening/lessening of the menu will soon spread around the fleet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

No more Chili dog, oh well, it wasn't that good anyway. 

Be careful, you’ll be branded for your negativity!! 😂

Spot on on analysis however! 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Be careful, you’ll be branded for your negativity!! 😂

Spot on on analysis however! 😇

But I do like the hot dog ok, it's just the chili is not very good. My wife could teach them a thing or two about making chili. But that shouldn't be necessary. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ORV said:

But I do like the hot dog ok, it's just the chili is not very good. My wife could teach them a thing or two about making chili. But that shouldn't be necessary. 

But I bet it’s not NoNo chili, so forget about it! 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Vallesan said:

Just wanted to add a bit of an update. Polo tonight for the first time which now has wonderful new leather seats and of course the 7 layer chocolate cake which I’d forgotten about completely. No Oceania trip is complete without sampling that cake!

On another note this is the new Waves menu as of today. Quite reduced. But may still have your favourite.

Thank you for your continued posting. We noticed that some of our favorites were gone from Waves, too. Luckily they had a really good ahi tuna sandwich at the new Aquamar. Also, that crunchy chicken sandwich was great, too. Hopefully you have found something you love by mixing and matching with the Aquamar.

In all fairness, historically the sandwiches at Waves were much too large. I sometimes get a Cubano and my wife likes the Ruben. Half of either is enough. They have reduced the size of them which I think is a good thing. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ORV said:

In all fairness, historically the sandwiches at Waves were much too large. I sometimes get a Cubano and my wife likes the Ruben. Half of either is enough. They have reduced the size of them which I think is a good thing. 

I used to order 1/2 sandwiches such as Reuben— guess I will order the whole thing next sailing 😋

Edited by true45

23 hours ago, Harters said:

Here's an idea for folks. Pick a restaurant in your own home area. One that you consider to be only OK. Mediocre, if you will. Or "average". Then check it out on Tripadvisor. My bet is the vast majority of reviews will have given it an "excellent", followed by "very good". And you know it's neither. 

That's the problem with ratings. I worked in an independent school which had a behaviour scale of 1 (the perfect child) to 5 (a little ratbag 😜). We were not allowed to give a 5 under any circumstances and could only give a 4 if it had been discussed with everyone (including the Pope and it wasn't even a Catholic school 😜😜). So 3 which should have been average - sometimes good, sometimes not so good - was given to said little ratbags, 2 was average and 1 was given to mummy's little darlings 😜 (why has my darling child only been given a 2?)

It is now the same on trip advisor where people see a 3 as poor not average.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, ORV said:

As you say, it's really about what kind of Hot Dog they service.  If it's a really good Hot Dog you don't want to mass the taste anyway (or my opinion-it's all about the Hot Dog it's self).

22 hours ago, pinotlover said:

But I bet it’s not NoNo chili, so forget about it! 😇

We sometimes use canned 'hot' chili but start by sauteing some jalapeno in lard. Yumbo 🙂

10 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

As you say, it's really about what kind of Hot Dog they service.  If it's a really good Hot Dog you don't want to mass the taste anyway (or my opinion-it's all about the Hot Dog it's self).

Skip the hotdogs. They are bland. Burgers are still good. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Skip the hotdogs. They are bland. Burgers are still good. 

I agree, I like a hot dog that has that snap and flavor when you bite into it.

On 5/21/2024 at 11:57 PM, Vallesan said:

Passenger update: there are 500+ new to  Oceania cruisers on this cruise!

Not at all sure what this means?

Further update there are 700 new to Oceania cruisers!

On 5/22/2024 at 2:39 PM, ORV said:

No, it's usually announced at the Repeaters Party, or you can ask the CD or FCC/OCA. They all know, among others. 

We have also heard from the butlers on a few occasions as the "new" cruisers are a bit more work due to not knowing the routine.....they weren't complaining - just explaining why it took a "bit" more time to get to our requests a couple of times..  

7 hours ago, Vallesan said:

Further update there are 700 new to Oceania cruisers!

Further update!! Now looks like a few short if 600! Think I’ll take that as the final figure!

25 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

Further update!! Now looks like a few short if 600! Think I’ll take that as the final figure!

So 50ish %. Not uncommon at all. We had a large GoNext group on my last cruise that were all mostly newbies. I think we ran About 50% repeaters.

Friends from here in Florida on Marina right now - their first time.  I will be interested to hear their thoughts when they return.  We will be on Marina in July (5th O cruise), and have friends who will be on Marina in late August - first time.  I think it was the itineraries that sold both couples.  We have always "talked up" O to our friends, but none would join us.  We always did Celebrity with friends.  They always felt O was too expensive.  I can't wait to hear if they feel it was worth it.  

On 5/27/2024 at 9:31 PM, pinotlover said:

So 50ish %. Not uncommon at all. We had a large GoNext group on my last cruise that were all mostly newbies. I think we ran About 50% repeaters.

Maybe not for you but as I have said experiences differ and more so when  you don’t have a ‘huge’ group onboard.