Travel Kettles

I know you're not allowed to use kettles in a Concierge Suite but if you have a separate lounge can you use one in there? I know it's a strange question but just wondering to save me calling our butler to get me hot water or to carry around the ship

Marcy

1 hour ago, Nachosdelux said:

What do you mean by "separate lounge"?

I read it as one of the named suites, the ones with separate "living rooms," for us US residents. 

• Like 1

We, too, like to make our own cups of tea in our suite. On our recent January/February cruise on Explorer, we contacted Regent ahead of time and asked for an electric kettle to be placed in our suite (F2). Sure enough, it was there when we boarded. Yet another reason to love Regent and their willingness to say “Yes”. (IMHO, making a cup of tea with lukewarm water is heresy!).

• Like 1

I believe the cruise companies consider kettles a fire hazard (perhaps accidently left plugged in.)  It doesn't matter if it is in a lounge area or the bedroom or the bathroom.  

Perhaps the electric kettles that Regent will provide on request have an automatic shutoff so they know those are safe.  If you bring your own, they would not be sure, so it is easier for them to provide on request rather than allow yours.  But as jeb_bud pointed out, your Penthouse Suite should have a coffee maker that will dispense hot water.

11 hours ago, Cef123 said:

We, too, like to make our own cups of tea in our suite. On our recent January/February cruise on Explorer, we contacted Regent ahead of time and asked for an electric kettle to be placed in our suite (F2). Sure enough, it was there when we boarded. Yet another reason to love Regent and their willingness to say “Yes”. (IMHO, making a cup of tea with lukewarm water is heresy!).

We asked for one after arriving on the ship. Delivered to our F2 suite same day.

13 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

If you run the coffee maker without a pod you will get hot water. I don’t know if that would be appropriate for tea but it would be hot. 

Tea needs to be made with boiling water - not just ‘hot’ 😳!

• Like 1

On 5/19/2024 at 5:17 PM, jeb_bud said:

If you run the coffee maker without a pod you will get hot water. I don’t know if that would be appropriate for tea but it would be hot. 

sorry to say the 'water' is horrible from a coffee maker, always a taste of the coffee I'm afraid. But thank you

• Like 4

On 5/19/2024 at 10:10 AM, MarcyLondon said:

yes we have a separate lounge to our suite. Its a Penthouse Suite. Sorry I wasn't clear. I will ask for a insulated jug, that's a great idea. Thanks

No, you do not have a separate lounge in a Penthouse Suite. It's all one room with a curtain separation. On some of the older ships, it's the same size as the Concierge/Deluxe Veranda suites.

If you want your tea made with boiling water, I would order it from room service, or go to one of the restaurants (or lounge at tea time, or Coffee Connection at breakfast) and order it there.

1 hour ago, SWFLAOK said:

No, you do not have a separate lounge in a Penthouse Suite. It's all one room with a curtain separation. On some of the older ships, it's the same size as the Concierge/Deluxe Veranda suites.

If you want your tea made with boiling water, I would order it from room service, or go to one of the restaurants (or lounge at tea time, or Coffee Connection at breakfast) and order it there.

What ship?  If Explorer and newer it is separate. 

On the older ships it's all one room with a curtain. On Splendor it has sliding doors to separate the lounge from the bedroom. The cabins are larger on the newer ships.

We asked for a kettle when we arrived and there was no problem. We kept a jug of milk in the fridge and took plenty of our favourite tea bags with us! There's nothing like a nice cup of tea when you get back to your cabin....

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2024 at 11:42 AM, Lady of Leisure said:

We asked for a kettle when we arrived and there was no problem. We kept a jug of milk in the fridge and took plenty of our favourite tea bags with us! There's nothing like a nice cup of tea when you get back to your cabin....

Regent have told my TA they won't supply a kettle

5 hours ago, MarcyLondon said:

Perfect example of the inexcusable poor communication on the part of this company. We had zero problems getting one on Splendor. One would think shoreside employees have never been on a ship.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MarcyLondon said:

8 hours ago, edgee said:

Perfect example of the inexcusable poor communication on the part of this company.

Kettles are not offered as a suite amenity and the ship will only have a very limited number available for loan.

Therefore best that the office agents state that they cannot supply.

In this case “under promise & over deliver” seems the logical policy.

Coffee is our requirement in the morning and a friendly room service attendant always fulfills our request soon after we ring.