Celebrity Reflection Experience - Mixed Bag

Syd58

19 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I just booked a suite for the Equinox was debating.  Can't you eat in the MDR also or at Blu?

You can eat in the MDR and Blu (if space is available). The menus are available in advance on the app so this helps in deciding. Our butler was very good in making our reservations.

We are on the Reflection in FEB 2025;  My wife and I are Foodies, so we know that the food is very good, but not EXCEPTIONAL;  That being said, this will be our 3rd X cruise and they have not disappointed us in the 1st 2 Le Petite Chef is soooo coool. Gonna try MURANO this time with our onboard credit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redwings1958 said:

We are on the Reflection in FEB 2025;  My wife and I are Foodies, so we know that the food is very good, but not EXCEPTIONAL;  That being said, this will be our 3rd X cruise and they have not disappointed us in the 1st 2 Le Petite Chef is soooo coool. Gonna try MURANO this time with our onboard credit 

So you really think LPC is worth it, if we are in Luminae, which we like?  It is either that or maybe Tuscan.  Both are pretty expensive.  We were just at the Sheraton in LIsbon and they have LPC there but we didn't try it.

10 hours ago, Syd58 said:

You can eat in the MDR and Blu (if space is available). The menus are available in advance on the app so this helps in deciding. Our butler was very good in making our reservations.

Thank you!

21 hours ago, Syd58 said:

Emilio (which is good - we drink at home) and a New Zealand SB.

Was the New Zealand SB the Wairau River?  I was served that with the crab cake sandwich, which I always order without the bread, on Millennium.  I am not a white wine fan but found it pleasant. 

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Was the New Zealand SB the Wairau River?  I was served that with the crab cake sandwich, which I always order without the bread, on Millennium.  I am not a white wine fan but found it pleasant. 

I don't recall what it was.  Once I saw Emilio was on the list, I didn't look any further. I just know there was a NZ one since the sommelier said there was one

13 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I just booked a suite for the Equinox was debating.  Can't you eat in the MDR also or at Blu?

Can’t comment on Blu but one nice feature of a suite on the S-Class (Reflection & Equinox); the wait staff in Lumanie will give you the MDR menu. So you can eat in Lumanie with a variety of choices. 

On 5/22/2024 at 6:57 AM, zitsky said:

So you really think LPC is worth it, if we are in Luminae, which we like?  It is either that or maybe Tuscan.  Both are pretty expensive.  We were just at the Sheraton in LIsbon and they have LPC there but we didn't try it.

If you've never done, try it!  We booked it pre-cruise and saved $20 pp [ and used our onboard credit]. BTW, the same dinner experience in the states is $150pp + tax and tip

2 hours ago, redwings1958 said:

If you've never done, try it!  We booked it pre-cruise and saved $20 pp [ and used our onboard credit]. BTW, the same dinner experience in the states is $150pp + tax and tip

What’s a reasonable price for LPC on board?  I have no idea.

31 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What’s a reasonable price for LPC on board?  I have no idea.

How come you have no idea what LPC costs?  You said you have eaten there.

On 5/21/2024 at 9:53 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Our last cruise was in a sky suite on Celebrity. We did not like the food in Luminae and were able to eat in Blu and the MDR. However, we were told to speak with the MaitreD in Blu to be sure they could accommodate us in the evening.

20 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

How come you have no idea what LPC costs?  You said you have eaten there.

This wasn't me; However, $80 pp is a reasonable price[ I zink we paid $60]

On 5/22/2024 at 9:32 AM, CelebrityHybrid said:

Here is our cabin, a one of a kind 2 bedroom, yes 2 bedroom VERANDA cabin 🔔 and balcony 

575sq ft + 53sq ft

She is not Edge class, but if trying X from Royal , defo a step up and

Quirky stateroom, but I thought there are four of these on Reflection?  On Silhouette these have been rebranded as Horizon Suites in The Retreat.  Celebrity placed a very proud starting bid on them during the MoveUp process on our last cruise.  The video made me think how appropriate this would be for that unfortunate situation when someone’s darling spouse is sawing logs and gets kicked out of bed.  At least rather than moving to the “sofa”  in the middle of the night they can retreat to a real bed in the “child’s” bedroom.🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 9:32 AM, CelebrityHybrid said:

Loving Reflection & Cococay 🏝️ 

X So much better than RC 

For foodies and those who like to Chill.

Even with RC Freedom docked at the same time, the place was empty.

Perfect Day in Cococay 🏝️ 

Lovely video.  For kicks and grins I may need to waste some time researching this Coco Cay cabana experience not that I would ever spring for it.🤣

What did you cough up for it?  

What was and was not included?

How was the food in the two bento boxes that you posted pics of?

Was that a price list on the door of the mini fridge?😏

How many others could you invite to join you?

I am glad you enjoyed it and it was quiet.

Thanks for you posts.👍

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2024 at 9:53 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Yes, you can still dine in the MDR...we have done this in lieu of Luminae on E class.

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

Lovely video.  For kicks and grins I may need to waste some time researching this Coco Cay cabana experience not that I would ever spring for it.🤣

What did you cough up for it?  

What was and was not included?

How was the food in the two bento boxes that you posted pics of?

Was that a price list on the door of the mini fridge?😏

How many others could you invite to join you?

I am glad you enjoyed it and it was quiet.

Thanks for you posts.👍

Here's what's showing in my cruise planner...I have $200 OBC...but that wouldn't even buy me a big toe in the sand! 🤣

image.thumb.png.d8f03d6f1e351d79f8912ecd154762f6.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Here's what's showing in my cruise planner...I have $200 OBC...but that wouldn't even buy me a big toe in the sand! 🤣

image.thumb.png.d8f03d6f1e351d79f8912ecd154762f6.png

OMG there are only 3 spots left!🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, you can still dine in the MDR...we have done this in lieu of Luminae on E class.

We did this one night. I ordered from the MDR, but ate in Luminae.  I agree the food was better than most of what we had in Luminae.

On 5/21/2024 at 6:53 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Yes on a space available basis.