Celebrity Credit Card

I received an email today with an offer to get a Celebrity credit card and receive 30,000 points ($300 OBC) after spending $1000 within 90 days. My question is this...Is this a super special deal, or should I wait for a better offer? 

Any info you have is appreciated!

30000 points is the best I've seen, it's more often 25000. 30000 is the offer I took and haven't seen better. That said, others on here might have other insights

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Other (non-affiliated) cards generally come with much better benefits.

Totally agree, but they're willing to give me $300, I'll gladly charge $1000 and use the non-affiliated card after that. No yearly fee, so it costs me nothing.

• Like 4

That's what I did too, I used it to get the bonus, and I use it for Celebrity expenses since I get double points, but otherwise put things on any of my other credit cards depending on which one gives the best points for any given expense. I did end up with about $500 OBC including cashing in some points from the Royal Carribean card that I hadn't been able to use and almost expired. So it worked out ok.

Posted (edited)

Ditto what @MrBill923 and @Whizbank said.  We got it with the same offer a month or so ago an have a couple of upcoming cruises with final payment and a deposit due that fit nicely with the timing of this.  For the sake of some decent OBC it is a nice backup card to our other non-affiliated card.

Just as a side note a number of years ago when RCCL introduced their card we signed up, and working at the time, I used it exclusively for my business travel expenses.  After a couple of years the then point structure provided us with a fully paid 7-night cruise for two in a balcony stateroom.  Don't think the benefits are quite as generous now but it worked well then.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Just now, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Various travel and cash-back cards from

Chase

Amex

Capital One

etc.

Have them and use them when it gives a good return.

Thanks.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, asctony said:

What are 'others?' 

Those listed as mentioned.  They are typically financial organizations or banks and not directly affiliated with, or sponsored by, specific programs or corporations, such as American Airlines, Marriott, Celebrity, etc., whose benefits are specific to those organizations.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We have got the Celebrity card in the past as well. As far as I’m concerned it’s a good deal. It’s easy to get the $$$ put on your account with Celebrity. Maybe other cards are better you don’t have a yearly fee either..

Just simple and an easy $300 which is the best I’ve seen as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Minorhawk said:

Is this a super special deal

No, it's the standard deal.  That said, you could each open an account and get 60,000 points.  You could also each get the Visa card from Royal Caribbean and get the same deal.  $1,200 OBC, no annual fees.  The points are usable on either line.

Question??? After the original offer and get the 300$ onboard credit how does the card  work.  Say if you put on 1000$ of Celebrity expenses how much additional onboard credit do you receive.  Is it $10 or is it 100$ ?  

It's $20 because anything bought from celebrity is double points, 2%. However you have to have $50 worth to cash out for obc. You can buy some merchandise with less, but only on the Royal Caribbean rewards.

On 5/23/2024 at 8:34 PM, Minorhawk said:

I received an email today with an offer to get a Celebrity credit card and receive 30,000 points ($300 OBC) after spending $1000 within 90 days. My question is this...Is this a super special deal, or should I wait for a better offer? 

That's the best offer your going to get!

On 5/23/2024 at 8:34 PM, Minorhawk said: