Penthouse on Infinity (m-class) - worth it?

Hi!

Penthouse suite got available in our cruise in July and I am considering upgrading from sky suite gty to penthouse. It is a special occasion and I am thinking of asking one of our friends to join us. I know there is a bed sofa in the living room and it could work because the suite is spacious.

We have never sailed in a big suite and are curious about the experience and the service. What to expect? We are low key and not that demanding and don’t usually have any special requests. 

I’ve never booked the Penthouse but on m class it is lovely (according to YT videos)…especially the wrap around balcony!  I would totally book it if my budget could handle it.  As far as value is concerned, that’s completely subjective but I will say that there aren’t as many specialty dining venues on M class (no Murano) which are included in the fare. 

3 hours ago, travellerin1984 said:

Hi!

Penthouse suite got available in our cruise in July and I am considering upgrading from sky suite gty to penthouse. It is a special occasion and I am thinking of asking one of our friends to join us. I know there is a bed sofa in the living room and it could work because the suite is spacious.

We have never sailed in a big suite and are curious about the experience and the service. What to expect? We are low key and not that demanding and don’t usually have any special requests. 

It is a great room. I prefer the M class PH over the E and S Class PH. The layout of the room is great and the balcony is the best. No problem with an extra person... second bathroom with a shower. There is an adjoining Sky Suite that connects via a door in the living room space meaning the bedroom is totally isolated. Also, the butler can deliver breakfast, etc. to the butlers pantry so that someone sleeping in the LR would not be disturbed. The Infinity has not been revolutionized so there is a piano that does not interfere with the living space. I prefer the revolutionized Millennium PH but the Infinity is a close second. 

We sailed the Infinity for the month of December 2022:

IMG_7199.thumb.JPG.1c3173874a734a4730afdba597f64798.JPG 

69175880597__A28A7D7D-C053-45AD-80C3-324EB7B77697.thumb.JPG.9daf7d35666906d9eddd016cabb9a511.JPG

69175854869__C7520D60-6B22-44C3-8674-0486B14AFE9D.thumb.JPG.7049002ad965700d25f7b7f82a758bba.JPG

69175874353__05D6FF27-0C0D-49C2-AF5C-F03FF7280DE2.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, travellerin1984 said:

Great service overall and more personal than the S or E class Retreat - simply a numbers game. 

• Thanks 1

I also think that these are great suites.   The balcony is huge (almost too big if that's possible).   And remember with this suite you get unlimited speciality dining.  Enjoy your special occasion.   

55 minutes ago, nps001 said:

And remember with this suite you get unlimited speciality dining.  Enjoy your special occasion

Special meals - that are not on any menu - served in your suite. I hope that benefit has not been taken away.  Here is an Indian food lunch for two (OMG...too much food):

IMG_0751-1.thumb.JPG.f0ccfc193774bea3f3d986746ccf388e.JPG

IMG_0753-1.thumb.JPG.1c0ff68bc5d5c7f1304397c88812ed1c.JPG

Served by one of our favorite butlers!  

The room above is the revolutionized Millennium PH, so the color scheme is lighter than the last photos of the Infinity's PH. 

I stayed in the Penthouse on the Millennium in 2018 and it was the BEST experience! We were treated like royalty, nothing too much trouble.  unlimited speciality dining, premium drinks package and wi fi, with in suite bar set up.  I have tried to book Penthouse again for our trip to Antarctica, in 2026 but not available so I wouldn’t waste too much time, they are highly sought after.  Enjoy!

13 hours ago, travellerin1984 said:

Hi!

The longer you wait while getting feedback from us, the more at risk you are to having someone else grab this stateroom ahead of you.

Book it…you will not be sorry.

Randy

• Like 2

Book it and book it fast.  If you don't grab it, someone else will.  It's the best cabin on any Celebrity ship, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Thank you all! We have the penthouse on hold but are a bit hesitant about the cost (no kidding)… It is a lot of money!

Right now we are thinking of staying in Sky suite and might try our luck with move-up offer to Royal suite (and continue checking the last minute discounts). We get the Luminae anyway and are not that much into entertaining so it is a lot of space for two persons. The balcony looks great and the amenities are wonderful but the cost is high! Decisions, decisions… 

On 5/25/2024 at 3:11 PM, billc23 said:

It is a great room. I prefer the M class PH over the E and S Class PH. The layout of the room is great and the balcony is the best. No problem with an extra person... second bathroom with a shower. There is an adjoining Sky Suite that connects via a door in the living room space meaning the bedroom is totally isolated. Also, the butler can deliver breakfast, etc. to the butlers pantry so that someone sleeping in the LR would not be disturbed. The Infinity has not been revolutionized so there is a piano that does not interfere with the living space. I prefer the revolutionized Millennium PH but the Infinity is a close second. 

We sailed the Infinity for the month of December 2022:

It looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing the photos! I am a bit hesitant about the cost though… 

22 minutes ago, travellerin1984 said:

Thank you all! We have the penthouse on hold but are a bit hesitant about the cost (no kidding)… It is a lot of money!

Right now we are thinking of staying in Sky suite and might try our luck with move-up offer to Royal suite (and continue checking the last minute discounts). We get the Luminae anyway and are not that much into entertaining so it is a lot of space for two persons. The balcony looks great and the amenities are wonderful but the cost is high! Decisions, decisions… 

Have a great cruise whatever you decide.  A Sky Suite is still a suite.  Royal Suites are roomy and lovely.  Hope your move-up luck is better than mine. 😎

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, travellerin1984 said:

The PH is a very pricey cabin.  I was lucky enough to sail PH a few times on M-Class ships (Summit, Constellation and Infinity) when pricing was "reasonable".  No way would I now pay what they're asking for a PH suite.  The Sky Suite is a great cabin also.  Try your luck on the Move Up bid process (but only bid on Royal and PH ....... the bathtub in the Celebrity Suites is a real killer - I think you need to be very agile in order to manage getting in and out of that tub!)  Good luck and enjoy your sailing no matter which suite you choose to sail in.

Edited by jcpc

2 hours ago, jcpc said:

The PH is a very pricey cabin.  I was lucky enough to sail PH a few times on M-Class ships (Summit, Constellation and Infinity) when pricing was "reasonable".  No way would I now pay what they're asking for a PH suite.  The Sky Suite is a great cabin also.  Try your luck on the Move Up bid process (but only bid on Royal and PH ....... the bathtub in the Celebrity Suites is a real killer - I think you need to be very agile in order to manage getting in and out of that tub!)  Good luck and enjoy your sailing no matter which suite you choose to sail in.

I agree.  I have sailed three times in the PH on M class ships when the price was within reason.  Unfortunately, it's not within reason or my budget any more.

• Like 1

Having had the pleasure of sailing 44 nights in an M class PS I can say that it is worth every cent if you can afford it. I think, with rare exception, it is the best suite at Sea.  I have sailed 3 of the four M class PS’s. I have not been on Infinity but expect that it will be equally wonderful.  They book quickly.  I am trying to find one for upcoming cruises. They are all booked. 

On 5/26/2024 at 4:05 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I agree.  I have sailed three times in the PH on M class ships when the price was within reason.  Unfortunately, it's not within reason or my budget any more.

If you look often and are lucky - there's sometimes a good deal.  We have 2 9-Day trips on Summit booked for next year that are lower per day than we spent on either Constellation (Mar 2023) or Reflection (Mar 2024).  One of them is the Christmas holiday cruise even!

I had seen a post here talking about great deals on a December Summit cruise and went to look - and the PHs were taken.  Then looked at the following cruise, knowing it was a holiday sailing and expecting it to be very expensive, and it was very reasonable.

On the flip side of this, I just looked at a non-holiday 7 Day PH on Constellation for March/April of 2026 and it was over $32K for the week - YIKES!!!