Taste of Taj X

Looked at the Sushi on Five times on the app for this week's Eclipse cruise and saw one night "Dinner" is replaced by "Taste of Taj X."

A search of the boards doesn't uncover any comments about Taste of Taj, so I assume it's fairly new? Has anyone else seen or tried this?

Screenshot_20240526-084649.png

Posted (edited)

I did it in March on Constellation and really enjoyed it.  It’s done family style.  In Connie it was held at Le Petit Chef. I’d like it better at Sushi on 5 for better ambiance. 

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Thanks 1

@AndyCapn:  The "Taste of Taj" dinners started several years prior to the pandemic.  I remember one in 2016 but they may have started prior to that.  When Celebrity resumed sailing following the height of the pandemic these special dinners were gradually  re-introduced through out the fleet.  On the Millennium in April we also had a "Taste of Thai" special dinner one night at Sushi on 5 in addition to the "Taste of Taj."

• Thanks 1

We did it on our last cruise and really enjoyed it, we requested before hand that the hot spice level be kept to a minimum. They were very accommodating and we enjoyed all the dishes. We also requested 1/2 portions because we knew we would not come close to finishing and wanted to try everything without getting full on the first courses.

• Like 2

I have read many times this is served "family style". Does that mean everyone who signed up is at tables together, or as sounds like what MaryLou describes above. each couple or group has their own private table?

4 hours ago, 39august said:

I have read many times this is served "family style". Does that mean everyone who signed up is at tables together, or as sounds like what MaryLou describes above. each couple or group has their own private table?

If you are a couple, or group, you have your own table. The food is brought to the table in serving bowls for you to dish up. 

5 hours ago, 39august said:

Mary Lou has described the seating correctly.  Each couple or group is seated at their own table.  There are no shared tables.  The food is delivered to the tables in serving bowls so folks can decide how much of each dish they want to place on their own plate.

We did this on Millennium in January and found it a huge disappointment. Since others have enjoyed it maybe we just got unlucky, but I have coped below a comment I made on a previous thread......

We made the mistake of booking the Taj X dinner at Sushi on 5 - what a huge overpriced disappointment that was. Indian food is our favourite and we eat lots of it at home- and on ships. We found the choices pretty boring. The chicken tikka appetiser was so salty we couldn't eat it and the meat  Vindaloo was nothing like a Vindaloo - a thin gravy and not spicy enough. Service was awful, too few waiters serving too many guests. They had the gall to charge $59 plus 20% service for food which we could have picked up for free any day in the buffet. For that price I could have eaten at a 5* Indian restaurant in London