Confused 6pm seating Aqua?

Hello,

I am very confused.  We have the 10 night Beyond booked for next year, and was only able to get the main seating 6pm dining.  We have aqua class stateroom which means we also dine in blu so we have two questions and appreciate your help!

1-  Main dining 6pm would be in which MDR?

2-  Since we have Blu does that mean we still have to dine at 6pm there?  I thought Blu was walk in anytime?

3-  We do not care much for Blu on the Beyond and like to choose some nights in the MDR would this be allowed?  We always had anytime dining and showed up where we wanted to eat dinner but now that we have scheduled 6pm I like to know the rules.

While Blu is your assigned dining room you should be able to go to any of the other MDRs. Just go the MDR when you want to dine and don't worry about advanced reservations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

While Blu is your assigned dining room you should be able to go to any of the other MDRs. Just go the MDR when you want to dine and don't worry about advanced reservations. 

Even though we have assigned dining at 6 we can show up at the MDR at 7:30 for dinner?

2 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Even though we have assigned dining at 6 we can show up at the MDR at 7:30 for dinner?

What I would do is on embarkation day go to speak to the matre D that will be available at one of the MDRs to have your dining switched to anytime. When you do that there won't be any advanced reservations,you just show up and if a table is available,you'll be seated right away, otherwise you'll get a beeper and wait a little bit,10-20 minutes max.

I know dining on E-Class ships is very confusing and Celebrity doesn't make it  easy to understand. We've been on multiple E-Class ships,most recently in January and it's pretty consistent across the E-Class fleet,just show up when you want to eat. 

• Like 1

Something is screwy with your reservation. In Aqua Class, you are in Blu which is NOT a set dining time. So either your reservation is not for Aqua or someone messed up.

It's automatically anytime and in Blu. You'd need to speak with the Blu Maitre'D to get a seat in the MDR - which would also be anytime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Something is screwy with your reservation. In Aqua Class, you are in Blu which is NOT a set dining time. So either your reservation is not for Aqua or someone messed up.

It's automatically anytime and in Blu. You'd need to speak with the Blu Maitre'D to get a seat in the MDR - which would also be anytime.

It's not necessary to speak to the Blu matre D to eat at one of the other MDRs,just go and get seated. We were Aquaclass on the Beyond and traveled with my parents who wasn't. We had dinner alone at Blu and also had dinner with my parents several times in one of the MDRs. We just went to one of the dining rooms and gave both of our room #s. No issues at all, we were never told to go eat at Blu or you have to make arrangements with the Blu desk. It's really not that complicated. We have been on every E-Class ships each year both before and after the pandemic,both in Aqua and regular cabin,and while there have been multiple changes regarding advanced reservations the bottom line is just show up when you want to eat. The most time we've waited with a buzzer is 20 minutes.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

I am very confused.  We have the 10 night Beyond booked for next year, and was only able to get the main seating 6pm dining.  We have aqua class stateroom which means we also dine in blu so we have two questions and appreciate your help!

2-  Since we have Blu does that mean we still have to dine at 6pm there?  I thought Blu was walk in anytime?

3-  We do not care much for Blu on the Beyond and like to choose some nights in the MDR would this be allowed?  We always had anytime dining and showed up where we wanted to eat dinner but now that we have scheduled 6pm I like to know the rules.

If I remember correctly when you book AQ the dining time option is just there by default in the Celebrity system/booking system but is completley irrelevant, so you can ignore it. 

You can go to Blu at anytime you like.

If you don't like eating in Blu, wouldn't it be better to just book a standard veranda cabin and save a good few hundred £/$, as access to Blu is the main perk of AQ class!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OysterD said:

If you don't like eating in Blu, wouldn't it be better to just book a standard veranda cabin and save a good few hundred £/$, as access to Blu is the main perk of AQ class!

I would never book Aqua if I didn't like Blu.  As you stated it is more expensive and on many of the ships the cabin is under an overhang and the location is not necessarily the best.

I’m in Aqua next year on the Millie and published prices for veranda are actually $10 more than concierge and Aqua is just $10 more than Veranda

You will be randomly assigned a dining time if you are booked in Blu.  It does not mean anything.  A computer glitch which has been going on for years.  Also, Beyond has Anytime Dining.  We had 'reservations' and were told it was Anytime Dining and just show up when we wanted to eat.  We ate dinners both in Blu and also in one of the MDRs and it was just show up when ready.

• Like 2

You are not assigned a dining time in Aqua. That shows up on your booking simply because of their software issue.   Aqua. Just Show up. There might be a waiting time but you can be given a buzzer  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

The answer is simple: Ignore the time 🙂

1. Although Aqua and Blu is always anytime dining, their IT system still shows a time (early/late/select)
2. On E class like Beyound there are no fixed dining times. Just go to Blu or any of the MDRs any time you like.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Please don´t confuse the OP!
Despite of booking Aqua their IT system needs the enty of a time just like any other booking. So it can read early/late/select - but you can simply ignore it.

Second, there´s no need to speak to the Maitre to dine anywhere else. Especially since we are talking about Beyond here. There are no dining times on E class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

There are no dining times on E class.

Actually, you can make reservations at your dining room of choice on E class. We did just that on the Ascent. We like early dining, and when the dining room opened up, we were able to bypass the entire line waiting and go to our assigned table. Worked great for us. There was actually a 2 line system one for anytime, one for reservations. There was a bit of grumbling from others in line, unaware of the system.

Cheers

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, highway180 said:

Actually, you can make reservations at your dining room of choice on E class. We did just that on the Ascent. We like early dining, and when the dining room opened up, we were able to bypass the entire line waiting and go to our assigned table. Worked great for us. There was actually a 2 line system one for anytime, one for reservations. There was a bit of grumbling from others in line, unaware of the system.

Cheers

of course you can make reservations. However, there are no fixed dining times as on other ships. Early – late – anytime doesn’t exist. It’s only select on E class.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 10:40 AM, OysterD said:

for me is the 

• Unlimited access to Sea Thermal Suite.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, highway180 said:

Cheers

so , let m get this clear because this is my first time going in the E class.

If I pick 8:30pm for dinner which is open for my sailing. Will they assign me the same table for the entire week at the time that I have selected and I dont have to wait in line?  

I dont rellay lk the " my tieme system" I see that even with a reservation you have to wait.

It worked that way when they were initially opening the dining room, as there were always a line waiting for them to open. And they assigned us the same team every night we ate there. I think it's safe to assume that at 8:30 there wouldn't be much of a line either way. If you like the team they assign you on the first night, speak to the Maitre D on the way out and request to have the same team, and your desired times. I found this to work better than messing with the app, but that's just me.

Cheers