Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

1 minute ago, little britain said:

Interesting.. it specifically says the PZs/ Zinacles/Piniths/ (!) will be allowed in… I find it hard to believe there are that many Zs on board ? 

It may be that there's too many PZs.  Maybe there's 2 Zs, but 50 PZs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

It may be that there's too many PZs.  Maybe there's 2 Zs, but 50 PZs.

Feedback in other places seems to be that most Ps have never even set foot on an X ship so I would think this first week of the experiment would be too early for the RL to be overrun already? 

• Like 1

Just now, little britain said:

Feedback in other places seems to be that most Ps have never even set foot on an X ship so I would think this first week of the experiment would be too early for the RL to be overrun already? 

I blame it on RCG IT.  😛

44 minutes ago, jamon said:

If I have the blue card with Zenith printed on it can I use this to get into other areas like the the retreat pool etc.?? I understand you may not have access to the retreat lounge itself....

NO access to the Retreat pool, sundeck, lounge

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Interesting.. it specifically says the PZs/ Zinacles/Piniths/ (!) may be allowed in… I find it hard to believe there are that many Zs on board ?  Perhaps they’d been told never to allow the interlopers in!? 

IMG_3832.png

"May be allowed in" = good luck!!!! We received a notification prior to boarding that we were not allowed in the Retreat Lounge.........so I surmise that the suites were sold out and that there are a large number of real Zenith's that hit the "capacity". We are P3.5 (2600 points) - and turned away. Not sure about next week as we are on a B2B.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, little britain said:

That's what I thought...........no cigar!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

NO access to the Retreat pool, sundeck, lounge

It will be interesting to see what happens when we get on our next X cruise. Staying in a Sky suite so we have access to all of the Retreat venues, but will probably be holding a Blue Zenith Lite card, so will every Z in the Retreat venues be giving us the stink eye? 🙄😇

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when we get on our next X cruise. Staying in a Sky suite so we have access to all of the Retreat venues, but will probably be holding a Blue Zenith Lite card, so will every Z in the Retreat venues be giving us the stink eye? 🙄😇

It will be interesting attending the Zenith Luncheon this noon. Lots of questions and observing too. Stay tuned!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Won't you have a Suite colored card?

13 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

The older Royal Vision Class ships will be the next to go...........then Royal will have the Radiance Class - after that ZERO available for small ports. Celebrity has the 4 Millennium Class ships that appear to be in very good condition and may be the only other ones to handle Baltimore and Tampa. Time will tell.

In my perfect world, they would put a Silverseas in Tampa!!  🥰

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If RCI removes older ships from ports like Tampa and Baltimore, and replaces them with new larger ships sailing from Florida and Texas to RCI’s private locations, they are not going to be haunted. The newer, younger more profitable passengers are not sailing on the smaller ships. Every time I cruise out of Tampa (I live in the Tampa area) on an RCI ship the passenger demographic is significantly older than when I cruise on RCI ships out of Port Canaveral, Port Everglades and Port Miami. The majority of people who want a new smaller ship, such as the long rumored/discussed Project Discovery, are older, experienced cruisers who do not spend the amount of money that younger couples and younger families spend on a cruise. 

I don't disagree with anything you wrote.  With Project Discovery, many people are thinking it's going to be a new, modern version of Vision or Radiance.  Given that Royal is all about multi-generational cruising & something for everyone, my guess is that they will try to pack in some features that will appeal to younger families. So more of a mini-Icon and less of a new Vision & entice new cruisers to the smaller ports that may be within driving range.

That's assuming it gets passed the rumor/drawing board stage. Or maybe I'm wrong and once the older ships/older cruisers "age out", Royal will abandon the small ports. I guess we'll find out in 5 or 6 years.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, orville99 said:

you will get the suite guests card and have access to all.Blue card is only for crossover Zeniths that not staying in Suites.

Edited by verizon
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

So old ships for old people🙂.

I think the preferred saying is "Experienced ships for Experienced people" 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If RCI removes older ships from ports like Tampa and Baltimore, and replaces them with new larger ships sailing from Florida and Texas to RCI’s private locations, they are not going to be haunted. The newer, younger more profitable passengers are not sailing on the smaller ships. Every time I cruise out of Tampa (I live in the Tampa area) on an RCI ship the passenger demographic is significantly older than when I cruise on RCI ships out of Port Canaveral, Port Everglades and Port Miami. The majority of people who want a new smaller ship, such as the long rumored/discussed Project Discovery, are older, experienced cruisers who do not spend the amount of money that younger couples and younger families spend on a cruise. 

And for those that may not know (as I know that you already do) the big theme park ships cannot fit under the Sunshine Skyway bridge.  So, unless the cruise lines decide to build new  smaller ships...there will only be the leftover small older ships.  Older ships...no amusement park atmosphere...less kids....more of us old farts.  😉 

And no...the majority of older more relaxed cruisers don't need to spend a lot of money on flash and splash things on a cruise.  But those older cruisers sail how many times a year, versus the maybe once a year 3-5 night cruises that the families do?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

"May be allowed in" = good luck!!!! We received a notification prior to boarding that we were not allowed in the Retreat Lounge.........so I surmise that the suites were sold out and that there are a large number of real Zenith's that hit the "capacity". We are P3.5 (2600 points) - and turned away. Not sure about next week as we are on a B2B.

Gary, does X have an upper tier party like Royal does, that shows total loyalty numbers?  Or can you ask what the breakdown is?  I usually will ask the concierge or LA if there is no event.  

46 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Hide that card!!  😄  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I don't disagree with anything you wrote.  With Project Discovery, many people are thinking it's going to be a new, modern version of Vision or Radiance.  Given that Royal is all about multi-generational cruising & something for everyone, my guess is that they will try to pack in some features that will appeal to younger families. So more of a mini-Icon and less of a new Vision & entice new cruisers to the smaller ports that may be within driving range.

That's assuming it gets passed the rumor/drawing board stage. Or maybe I'm wrong and once the older ships/older cruisers "age out", Royal will abandon the small ports. I guess we'll find out in 5 or 6 years.

The way most captains have described it when they do give indications in the Q&A's is that it will likely be sized about Voyager/Freedom. But that bridge clearance to ports they want to service will dictate the height.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Two weeks ago, I would have said yes, but now...who knows😇

Yeah, we are always issued a Pinnacle color card when we sail in suites on Royal.  Then the concierge likes to chase us down to change it to suite's color.  IMHO..I think that is mostly for the SL bartenders to get clued in to not charge our vouchers though.  Usually not a problem for us, since they get to know us pretty quickly.  😉 

Edited by island lady

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

In my perfect world, they would put a Silverseas in Tampa!!  🥰

You should take a look ar Explora.  Not out of Tampa but there are sailing from Florida.  Great all inclusive cruise line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, twangster said:

If I have a premium drink plan I have no use for the RL.  

I'd much rather sit at a real bar somewhere on the ship, just like when I'm on Royal.  

This exactly!!  ^

Though on ships like Oasis class, we love to sit at the bar in the SL just before dinner at CK.  Easier to transfer existing drink to table.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

And for those that may not know (as I know that you already do) the big theme park ships cannot fit under the Sunshine Skyway bridge.  So, unless the cruise lines decide to build new  smaller ships...there will only be the leftover small older ships.  Older ships...no amusement park atmosphere...less kids....more of us old farts.  😉 

And no...the majority of older more relaxed cruisers don't need to spend a lot of money on flash and splash things on a cruise.  But those older cruisers sail how many times a year, versus the maybe once a year 3-5 night cruises that the families do?  

5 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

The way most captains have described it when they do give indications in the Q&A's is that it will likely be sized about Voyager/Freedom. But that bridge clearance to ports they want to service will dictate the height.

There are plans to build a new port on the Gulf side of the Skyway bridge to provide berthing for both larger commercial ships and larger cruise ships, but since this is Florida, who knows which decade that will actually happen. We were presented with a plan by FDOT for construction of a new highway connecting Poinciana with I-4 more than 20 years ago, and are still waiting...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You should take a look ar Explora.  Not out of Tampa but there are sailing from Florida.  Great all inclusive cruise line.

Thanks...have been checking them out closely.  I have a big "hole to fill" from Dec. 2025 to Feb. 2026.  Nice we are now status match as Venetian too!  

I think (due to that time of the year) it may be another return to Antarctica again. Saw one of the newer Silverseas ships down there a few months ago.

🙂  In a perfect world, it would be an embarkation or overnight visit in Ushuaia.  Gosh I love that town! 

Food is not bad either.  😉  

20240118_100845.jpg

20240118_103542.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

There are plans to build a new port on the Gulf side of the Skyway bridge to provide berthing for both larger commercial ships and larger cruise ships, but since this is Florida, who knows which decade that will actually happen. We were presented with a plan by FDOT for construction of a new highway connecting Poinciana with I-4 more than 20 years ago, and are still waiting...

It's not just Tampa. There are many bridges around the world that will limit the ship height. Bridge of the Americas for the Panama Canal for instance.