Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

My Silversea concierge finally got back to me, and that 7-night hole in the cruise we wanted to book is in fact a charter, so we'd have to fly to San Juan to pick up the remainder of the cruise - glad we decided to book the 21 night B2B on Ascent instead😪

On the bright side, she did confirm our Venetian status on Silversea😇

Indeed yes....prefer the simple easy uncomplicated way!  😉  Good choice!

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2024 at 1:23 PM, orville99 said:

As are we. They have never left the boxes they came in. Always sail in suites as well, and we like the ones on X more than the ones on RCL.

Nice. Additionally, having completed our second YC experience, we're starting to realize how insignificant pinnacle really is to us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

Nice. Additionally, having completed our second YC experience, we're starting to realize how insignificant pinnacle really is to us. 

Insignificant?  Really?   About to cruise on X for the first time.  We are now Zenith.  Score, and saved 2500 on our previously booked cruise, just for getting the Zenith perks.   Yeah...not insignificant at all for us.  

• Like 5

On 5/30/2024 at 10:09 AM, orville99 said:

😎Just got this email from Celebrity:

SHARED STATUS FOR
 OUR LOYAL MEMBERS

We’re elevating our loyalty status match program to give you the best benefits at sea. Captain’s Club members will now receive one-for-one tier matching across all three Royal Caribbean Group brands: Celebrity Cruises®, Royal Caribbean®, and now also Silversea®. This shared status gives you more benefits than ever before, and more ways to see the world—with more than 50 incredible ships sailing to nearly 1,000 destinations.

Find your Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club tier below and discover your loyalty match for Crown & Anchor Society® and Venetian Society.

Please allow up to seven days for your status to take effect. Onboard status match benefits begin June 5, 2024.

We’ve updated Captain's Club Terms and Conditions including disclosures on how your data will be shared with other brands within the Royal Caribbean Group, as well as our dispute resolution process. By using our website, or the Captain's Club program, you agree to be bound by these updated Terms and Conditions.

START ENJOYING ONE-FOR-ONE TIER
 MATCHING BENEFITS BY ENROLLING TODAY.

ENROLL NOW

FAQS

LOY STATUS MATCH VIDEO > PLAY

TABLE

Please review the loyalty match terms and conditions for full details on eligible benefits. Some benefit exclusions may apply.

Welcome surprise!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, island lady said:

Insignificant?  Really?   About to cruise on X for the first time.  We are now Zenith.  Score, and saved 2500 on our previously booked cruise, just for getting the Zenith perks.   Yeah...not insignificant at all for us.  

I guess insignificant was a touchy-feely/overrated description.  YC half the price of what we can get on RC/X, and includes drink package and internet.  And twice the experience in our opinion. 

We enjoy cruising w/ royal and x, and will continue to do so when the deal is right,  but for now there's simply no comparison in our minds (we prefer to cruise in suites, so YMMV).  Glad you found a deal you are pleased with...competition is good.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

I guess insignificant was a touchy-feely/overrated description.  YC half the price of what we can get on RC/X, and includes drink package and internet.  And twice the experience in our opinion. 

We enjoy cruising w/ royal and x, and will continue to do so when the deal is right,  but for now there's simply no comparison in our minds (we prefer to cruise in suites, so YMMV).  Glad you found a deal you are pleased with...competition is good.

Other than the YC, we found MSC a bit disappointing - both in their limited variety of itineraries, and the overall vibe of the ship. YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Other than the YC, we found MSC a bit disappointing - both in their limited variety of itineraries, and the overall vibe of the ship. YMMV

I have heard this time and time again, regarding MSC.  I have never sailed on MSC so I cannot comment personally, but from what I have read, unless you are in the YC the experience is subpar.  Maybe I will try it one day to see for myself.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I have heard this time and time again, regarding MSC.  I have never sailed on MSC so I cannot comment personally, but from what I have read, unless you are in the YC the experience is subpar.  Maybe I will try it one day to see for myself.

I was informed that as well (subpar w/ the cattle; YC incredible). Can't speak to what 'generic' cruising is like, but can say YC is tough to beat. Crown Loft's are our favorite on RC, but aside from the room, the overall suite experience can't hold a candle to them IMO.

• Like 3

Hope you don't mind me asking an unrelated question but most of you are seasoned cruisers on Royal, so wanted your opinions. DH and I have our first full suite experience for my birthday in 2026 on the Oasis and, yesterday, he made the mistake of telling me that I could book full suites once a year (we had no suites booked for 2025). Sooooooooooo, this morning, I took a look at all of our reservations and noticed that the price of our infinite CP balcony on Icon in November, 2025 came down by a few hundred dollars. Get where I'm going with this?

Long story short, I upgraded the infinite CP balcony to the Surfside family suite (quite a bit more though), so we can have access to all of the suite areas and perks! This will be my first surprise for him on this cruise! Yay! My question is: I have boarding day lunch booked for us at Hooked but now wonder if I should just cancel that and dine in CK on boarding day, if it's open on boarding day?

Oh, and I also reserved the walk on "The Edge" for him (not me) as a surprise!

TIA

• Like 4

16 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Hope you don't mind me asking an unrelated question but most of you are seasoned cruisers on Royal, so wanted your opinions. DH and I have our first full suite experience for my birthday in 2026 on the Oasis and, yesterday, he made the mistake of telling me that I could book full suites once a year (we had no suites booked for 2025). Sooooooooooo, this morning, I took a look at all of our reservations and noticed that the price of our infinite CP balcony on Icon in November, 2025 came down by a few hundred dollars. Get where I'm going with this?

Long story short, I upgraded the infinite CP balcony to the Surfside family suite (quite a bit more though), so we can have access to all of the suite areas and perks! This will be my first surprise for him on this cruise! Yay! My question is: I have boarding day lunch booked for us at Hooked but now wonder if I should just cancel that and dine in CK on boarding day, if it's open on boarding day?

Oh, and I also reserved the walk on "The Edge" for him (not me) as a surprise!

TIA

I love hooked, but if you cruise a lot you could save that for another non suite cruise you have booked. Since not many ships have Hooked you won’t always have that option. We had unlimited dining in a true suite and looking back, maybe should have saved that money for something else and taken more meals at Coastal Kitchen since we don’t usually book full suites.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

For anyone who might be interested, here is the invitation to the Zenith lunch. I believe there are only 12 Zeniths onboard this week including us. Not sure how many of the 12 are Pinnacle cross overs. 

IMG_1873.jpeg

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

For anyone who might be interested, here is the invitation to the Zenith lunch. I believe there are only 12 Zeniths onboard this week including us. Not sure how many of the 12 are Pinnacle cross overs. 

IMG_1873.jpeg

Our invitation is for the same time and date but no mention of the "Welcome Toast" - maybe crossover Zenith's aren't invited to the 11:45AM toast??? Our invitation was signed by the Concierge Team - Rahul, Niall & Melissa - so it looks like there is a difference in the invitation.

Rosie Roo, we look forward to meeting you and other Z's tomorrow.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

Our invitation is for the same time and date but no mention of the "Welcome Toast" - maybe crossover Zenith's aren't invited to the 11:45AM toast??? Our invitation was signed by the Concierge Team - Rahul, Niall & Melissa - so it looks like there is a difference in the invitation.

Rosie Roo, we look forward to meeting you and other Z's tomorrow.

Look at post 627.You have missed the event.It usually held on the 2nd. day of each sailing if it is a see day.Celebrity called it as Captain Club Welcome Celebration.I don't know may be you need to have 3000+ points for concierge to give you a call for this event.

Edited by verizon

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Rosie Roo, we look forward to meeting you and other Zs tomorrow. 

I just looked at your earlier posts. I think we are on different ships so that may be the difference in the letters. We’re on Eclipse. I believe you’re on Beyond. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sianli said:

Under Zenith benefits it lists: “Complimentary premium drink package upgrade, pre-cruise purchase only”.

Does that mean I need to purchase drinks pkg and call in to get upgrade? Or what exactly does that mean?

It comes with Premium Drink Package if you are Crossover Zenith.

• Like 1

For anyone curious about the Zenith lunch. The lunch was held in Blu. Maybe 10/12 of us, half Pinnacle, half Zenith. The captain stopped by for a champagne toast and a picture and then two officers stayed for the lunch. There was a charcuterie board and a caprese salad served family style. Lunch choices were lamb chops, sirloin, branzino or mushroom risotto. They also served wine. The ladies were given roses after lunch and we all got a complimentary group picture. It was very nice. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I asked the Retreat Concierge today about access to the Retreat lounge for the Pinnacle cross overs. He said he gets an email every week with a list of the Zenith and Pinnacle cruisers (listed by current CC points I believe)and it is noted on there who is allowed in the lounge. I think it is based on capacity. This week everyone is allowed, but I think on the more popular cruises where there are higher numbers of Zenith onboard, the Pinnacles will not be allowed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

on the more popular cruises where there are higher numbers of Zenith onboard, the Pinnacles will not be allowed. 

I disagree with this reasoning (lack of better terms).  When cruising with Celebrity you are no longer Pinnacle. You are Zenith and should be afforded the same perks/benefits no matter how you became Zenith. Works the other way also. Zenith to Pinnacle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, doghog said:

I disagree with this reasoning (lack of better terms).  When cruising with Celebrity you are no longer Pinnacle. You are Zenith and should be afforded the same perks/benefits no matter how you became Zenith. Works the other way also. Zenith to Pinnacle. 

I understand what you’re saying, but I think it has more to do with the amount of points you have on Celebrity, not so much what your status is, similar to how they limit access to Coastal to the Pinnacles with the highest numbers when there are large numbers of Pinnacles. I think they will limit access to the Retreat the same way. It’s all new right now so I’m not sure they even have it figured out. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

I understand what you’re saying, but I think it has more to do with the amount of points you have on Celebrity, not so much what your status is, similar to how they limit access to Coastal to the Pinnacles with the highest numbers when there are large numbers of Pinnacles. I think they will limit access to the Retreat the same way. It’s all new right now so I’m not sure they even have it figured out. 

If that happened to Coastal Kitchen and Suite lounge.

I think Celebrity will change the rule only Double Zeniths will be allowed to the retreat to prevent over crowding issue.

1 hour ago, RosieRoo said:

I get what your saying but  IMO it should have nothing to do with cruise points. No matter if it's RC or Celebrity. The RL and CK then should be only for those in a suite (full suites). Not based on CC or CAS cruise points. IMO, the RCG has created another bloated tier level problem.  

Edited by doghog
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

I asked the Retreat Concierge today about access to the Retreat lounge for the Pinnacle cross overs. He said he gets an email every week with a list of the Zenith and Pinnacle cruisers (listed by current CC points I believe)and it is noted on there who is allowed in the lounge. I think it is based on capacity. This week everyone is allowed, but I think on the more popular cruises where there are higher numbers of Zenith onboard, the Pinnacles will not be allowed. 

Thank you for getting this direct information.

So just to be clear, you, as a cross-over P/Z are being allowed in the Retreat on your current cruise ?  

Thank you !