Requesting medical records from Princess

Has anyone ever had to request medical records from Princess?

It's a long story, but last summer my Dad had to be medically disembarked from his ship in Italy.  I am trying to file a claim with the travel insurance to get reimbursed for the medical expenses he incurred on the ship, but they require original medical records.  I filled out the required form and submitted it in February of this year, and followed up again in April but still have not received any response. There is a phone number on the form but it perpetually rings busy.  I contacted general customer service but since medical is a different department they were unable to help me.

The autoreply email suggested the request would take 30-60 days to complete but obviously we are well beyond that.  It is infuriating that they provide an inoperable phone number on the required form.

Any tips or insights to get this request fulfilled?

This is the email I show:

Medical records request:
mrecordsrequest@carnival.com

Is that where you requested it?

Ridiculous it’s taking so long.  What ship was he on?

Yes that is where the request form was sent.  He was on Enchanted Princess.

I guess I have to resort to the old fashioned way of sending a letter to company leadership for anything to be done about this.  Hard to believe there is no escalation process in place.

Try sending your info to customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Include the necessary info and (nicely) request that they kick somebody's butt and get them to send you what you need.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, atlcatlover said:

Has anyone ever had to request medical records from Princess?

It's a long story, but last summer my Dad had to be medically disembarked from his ship in Italy.  I am trying to file a claim with the travel insurance to get reimbursed for the medical expenses he incurred on the ship, but they require original medical records.  I filled out the required form and submitted it in February of this year, and followed up again in April but still have not received any response. There is a phone number on the form but it perpetually rings busy.  I contacted general customer service but since medical is a different department they were unable to help me.

The autoreply email suggested the request would take 30-60 days to complete but obviously we are well beyond that.  It is infuriating that they provide an inoperable phone number on the required form.

Any tips or insights to get this request fulfilled?

It's a $28 charge onboard and states in the letter provided onboard with medical center receipt they advise you to get the records before disembarking. If he had AON (Princess insurance), they should be able to access the records directly from Princess. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

I want to thank cruise critic poster for their sage advice...to ALWAYS get a copy of your medical records while onboard if you visit the medical center.  It will cost you $28 and alleviates a lot of headaches later.

I'm sorry my post won't help you now.  I hope you will be able to find some department that will be able to produce these records for you.

The cost is not the issue.  I just need someone to provide the records.

My Dad was disembarked in critical condition so was unable to take care of any of these things for himself.  He did have friends on board who packed his belongings to be sent with him, but there was no paperwork in his things from Princess medical so here we are.  All I have are the itemized charges in his ship folio.  The letter from Aon clearly states they need the records from the ship and that I am to provide them so no help there either.

I will email customer relations.  Certainly can't hurt.

Do they really charge $28 onboard for your medical records? My DW needed to use the medical center on an NCL ship last summer. She was told to come back later in the day to get her records so that she could apply for an insurance reimbursement. There was no charge! And many accuse NCL of nickel and diming!

If that email doesn’t work send a message to Princess through Instagram, many reports of ignored requests being handled quickly when using that method.  Good luck it’s incredibly frustrating to not be able to access those who can help.

12 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Do they really charge $28 onboard for your medical records? My DW needed to use the medical center on an NCL ship last summer. She was told to come back later in the day to get her records so that she could apply for an insurance reimbursement. There was no charge! And many accuse NCL of nickel and diming!

I passed out on REGAL a few years ago now.  $1,200 plus the $28 record fee charged to our folio.  But they did send me Flowers to our cabin...

Note: my medical care was EXCELLENT - my Advantage Plus medicare reimbursed us all onboard charges (except the $28, and AON picked up the deductibles and OOP expenses for aftercare when I got back to my regular Primary doctor, ED, and Cardiologist.