Set sail Pass

In the past years, our setsail pass showed a DX for the deluxe drink package. My pass for my cruise in July does not show it and our party did purchase it. Is this something new? Has anyone who sailed recently, who bought the drink package, was it shown on your setsail pass? If not, did you have an issue using the package once on board?

Thanks

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, timfan27 said:

In the past years, our setsail pass showed a DX for the deluxe drink package. My pass for my cruise in July does not show it and our party did purchase it. Is this something new? Has anyone who sailed recently, who bought the drink package, was it shown on your setsail pass? If not, did you have an issue using the package once on board?

Thanks

How have you seen your setsail pass for a cruise in July? You don’t get your setsail pass card until you are on the ship. When I was on Freedom a few weeks ago the card showed my drink package. I will check my card when I board Radiance later today. 

if you are referring to the boarding pass on the app/online, from my experience the information on it is frequently wrong/incomplete (I cruise RCI 1-2 times a month). 

EDIT: After re-reading your post, i assume you are talking about the pass in the app/website. Like I mentioned above, the information on this pass is not always correct. You can verify what you purchased by clicking on orders under plan my cruise on the website. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

10 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

They probably removed it to "force" the bartenders to scan each card.  I know sometimes in the past you could just show them your card and they would give you a drink without scanning it into the system.

They haven’t removed it. I have cruised on Freedom and Explorer in the last month and the cards identified the drink package. I am positive that will be the case today too when I board Radiance. The Op’s cruise isn’t until July, so there is no way they have seen their card yet. 

29 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

How have you seen your setsail pass for a cruise in July? You don’t get your setsail pass card until you are on the ship. When I was on Freedom a few weeks ago the card showed my drink package. I will check my card when I board Radiance later today. 

if you are referring to the boarding pass on the app/online, from my experience the information on it is frequently wrong/incomplete (I cruise RCI 1-2 times a month). 

EDIT: After re-reading your post, i assume you are talking about the pass in the app/website. Like I mentioned above, the information on this pass is not always correct. You can verify what you purchased by clicking on orders under plan my cruise on the website. 

Set sail passes are available 45 days out, after you have checked in for your cruise.  You are talking about sea pass cards.

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

Set sail passes are available 45 days out, after you have checked in for your cruise.  You are talking about sea pass cards.

I updated my post after re-reading the OP’s comment. Other people mentioned cards in their posts, plus I am usually not up this early in the morning. 🙂

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, ArielV said:

We just checked in 45 days out and our boarding pass doesn’t indicate the drink package..September Utopia 3 days

It should have a DX is you have the deluxe beverage package or RR if you have the refreshment package.  You should check your account to verify that you do indeed have a drink package.

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It should have a DX is you have the deluxe beverage package or RR if you have the refreshment package.  You should check your account to verify that you do indeed have a drink package.

Already done and confirmed. Sailed on the Wonder in March and it was on for that sailings boarding pass.

Just off Harmony.  The Set Sail pass did NOT indicate a drink package anywhere (we had the Refreshment).

image.png.a6bf66a69dcef21b16c877503e6fca6e.png

The Sea Pass CARD did have "Refreshment Package" printed on it.

12 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Just off Harmony.  The Set Sail pass did NOT indicate a drink package anywhere (we had the Refreshment).

image.png.a6bf66a69dcef21b16c877503e6fca6e.png

The Sea Pass CARD did have "Refreshment Package" printed on it.

Just checked the set sail passes in my apple wallet and they have RR under packages for the sailings we have purchased the refreshment package.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ArielV said:

We just checked in 45 days out and our boarding pass doesn’t indicate the drink package..September Utopia 3 days

My Set Sail pass in my Apple Wallet doesn't have it either. I sail on Utopia in 19 days.

7 minutes ago, Nickles_1 said:

My Set Sail pass in my Apple Wallet doesn't have it either. I sail on Utopia in 19 days.

NICKLES, Unfortunately your booked on the alcohol free cruise that Utopia has every 7 sailings.

Did I make your heart skip a beat?!?!  😉

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, Nickles_1 said:

We sail in August & ours does NOT specify the drink package.

On a previous cruise something did not work correctly and our cards did not indicate we had the drink package.  First few times to the bar they had to look up on a printed paper that we did have it.  After a trip to customer service, it finally resolved itself.

• Like 1

My Set Sail Pass for my cruise in 9 days does not indicate I have the DX package.  But I see it reserved in the cruise planner,  I have email confirmation already printed out and more importantly, it's already been charge to my credit card.

This is thru the Royal App on my Android phone.

• Like 1

Not printed on SetSail for July 5 Radiance.  But were able to just verbally say cabin number to bartender until SeaPass Card was available.