Zenith Retreat phone number?

We previously cruised in Retreat quite a bit. Of course, when I called for anything prior to my cruises. I used the retreat phone number. Are Zeniths allowed to use that phone number as well? Due to prices, we will no longer be cruising in Retreat for the foreseeable future. 

5 hours ago, 39august said:

We previously cruised in Retreat quite a bit. Of course, when I called for anything prior to my cruises. I used the retreat phone number. Are Zeniths allowed to use that phone number as well? Due to prices, we will no longer be cruising in Retreat for the foreseeable future. 

Unless things have changed, Zeniths have a special number, you should have gotten a packet with it included.  I doubt anyone knows yet if the number is available for Zenith by proxy, if that’s your status.

4 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Unless things have changed, Zeniths have a special number, you should have gotten a packet with it included.  I doubt anyone knows yet if the number is available for Zenith by proxy, if that’s your status.

I believe Zeniths currently use the same phone number as Retreat folks use.  At one time Zeniths DID have a special number, but I believe that's now gone (and has been gone for quite a while).  When I dial the special number I received when I became Zenith, it is just "busied out".

• Like 1

Just now, jcpc said:

I believe Zeniths currently use the same phone number as Retreat folks use.  At one time Zeniths DID have a special number, but I believe that's now gone (and has been gone for quite a while).  When I dial the special number I received when I became Zenith, it is just "busied out".

Probably quit telling people about the secret handshake too. 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Probably quit telling people about the secret handshake too. 😉

Actually I think they just "merged personnel" from Zenith Desk to Retreat Desk (probably a reduction in staff for Celebrity!)

1 hour ago, jcpc said:

Actually I think they just "merged personnel" from Zenith Desk to Retreat Desk (probably a reduction in staff for Celebrity!)

This is correct. I became Zenith 3 months and my welcome email said to call the Retreat number. I questioned that and the response was to call the Retreat number. It possible that with all the new Zeniths from Royal by status they changed the special Zenith number to the general Retreat number - long wait time when I called to book my Zenith cruise using the Zenith number...

23 minutes ago, billc23 said:

This is correct. I became Zenith 3 months and my welcome email said to call the Retreat number. I questioned that and the response was to call the Retreat number. It possible that with all the new Zeniths from Royal by status they changed the special Zenith number to the general Retreat number - long wait time when I called to book my Zenith cruise using the Zenith number...

@billc23 If memory serves me correctly this “merge” of Zenith Desk into Retreat Concierges took place during Covid.  At that time I know Celebrity reduced their shoreside staff so I think it had more to do with staffing reductions rather than anything to do with Pinnacles becoming Zenith.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jcpc said:

@billc23 If memory serves me correctly this “merge” of Zenith Desk into Retreat Concierges took place during Covid.  At that time I know Celebrity reduced their shoreside staff so I think it had more to do with staffing reductions rather than anything to do with Pinnacles becoming Zenith.

Thanks for correcting my impression! I'm new to Zenith and had been told by others who were Zenith that it was a special number. 

4 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

About a month ago I called the special Zenith number we received in 2016 when we entered "Z land," and the call was  answered immediately.

Odd….that number does not work for me and hasn’t for quite some time (it rings one short ring and then immediately goes “busy”.).  Are you calling the U.S. toll free number beginning with 877 or do you have a different number since you are in Canada?

9 minutes ago, jcpc said:

Odd….that number does not work for me and hasn’t for quite some time (it rings one short ring and then immediately goes “busy”.).  Are you calling the U.S. toll free number beginning with 877 or do you have a different number since you are in Canada?

Why do you think I live in Canada?  Are you "geography challenged?"

The US toll free number I call does indeed start with 877.  It is the same number we were given in 2016.  Generally rings once and someone answers.  Rarely it will ring twice before the call is answered.  My husband and I refer to it as the "magic" number.

3 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Why do you think I live in Canada?  Are you "geography challenged?"

The US toll free number I call does indeed start with 877.  It is the same number we were given in 2016.  Generally rings once and someone answers.  Rarely it will ring twice before the call is answered.  My husband and I refer to it as the "magic" number.

Oh, sorry, I am definitely not “geographically challenged” but I made a mistake.  I apologize for my mistake as I definitely know where reside as you’ve posted much info about your state for fellow cruisers.  

Very strange that the 877 number does not work for many Zeniths, myself included.  Happy for you that it still works for you.

We use a 1-877 number from Canada and it is always answered with minimal delay. We typically stay in suites and this Zenith number does not appear to have been merged with the Retreat number.

Randy

The original Zenith Number is still active.    I just called it.   

When I ever call it, it is answered quickly but often recognize the agents as Suite Concierges and Engagement Staff, I've spoken with over the years. 

Posted (edited)

Okay, I was wrong.  I, too, just called the Zenith number and, while I did not wait for a “live person”, I did get the correct Celebrity messaging.  I guess we can chalk it up to being “geographically challenged” and old age.  (Plus I had it entered incorrectly in my Contacts!). Mea Culpa.  

Edited by jcpc