Anyone have any idea on what the new Princess Sale might be.

Not willing to wait around for a Princess "sale" and the one time I tried going through the place that is both online and brick & mortar it was a fiasco. The local person had zero idea what he was doing. Finally his wife stepped in and figured it out but then things changed and the cruises were cancelled. It's not worth the hassle. I book myself and then transfer it to our TA.

Booked 2 cruises this morning. 14 day Ring of Kerry cruisetour and a 15 day Southampton to Fort Lauderdale TA. We will have 2 days in Southampton between the cruises. I doubt they will go down as we usually see prices go up when there is a new "sale" from Princess. (There have been a couple of instances in the past where things went down and, when that happened, we refared for significant savings. Most of the time we have just watched as prices went up and up and up.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GK95 said:

Anyone with a trip planned should investigate the sale pricing. My travel agent said she was told by Princess that it goes through the end of June. We're scheduled for a holiday cruise at the end of 2025, and the TA was able to cancel our original booking and rebook us in the same cabin, saving us almost $1400. Lost our $200 OBC promo with the original booking, but I have stock so will get half of that back. 

Honestly between Plus, independent excursions and military/shareholders OBC, I almost find it a chore to spend any extra OBC from promotions. Probably because I’m not a gambler and don’t care for the jewelry on board. 

14 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Honestly between Plus, independent excursions and military/shareholders OBC, I almost find it a chore to spend any extra OBC from promotions. Probably because I’m not a gambler and don’t care for the jewelry on board. 

That's kind of what I was thinking also. If I had the Plus package what would I spend OBC on? Especially in the western Caribbean where I don't really do excursions, I just walk around the port and have a drink or lunch. If the ports were more unknown I could use obc for excursions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PG_traveller said:

That's kind of what I was thinking also. If I had the Plus package what would I spend OBC on? Especially in the western Caribbean where I don't really do excursions, I just walk around the port and have a drink or lunch. If the ports were more unknown I could use obc for excursions. 

The fine print says the OBC is combinable with the standard fare so, if it's worthwhile amount/price, you could book standard and use the OBC to get plus onboard?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay....  Newsflash...   The ongoing 'Sale' has been extended for 24 hours ( or 48 hours - depending on which date you were looking at for the expiration. )

Now says June 6, 2020.  This is almost funny!  But really it isn't.

So, no change for those who plan on booking during that 3 Day Sale.

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

The fine print says the OBC is combinable with the standard fare so, if it's worthwhile amount/price, you could book standard and use the OBC to get plus onboard?

Are you doing this offer?

Could also use OBC at spa, sanctuary, gift shop?

24 minutes ago, dog said:

Are you doing this offer?

Could also use OBC at spa, sanctuary, gift shop?

There is nothing to say that you can't (but it's Princess, so who knows). One of the agents asked (in the live presentation) about pre-booking specialty dining and using the credit. The answer was that YES it would be available to use for pre-booking (this is not usually the case as you normally have to wait until on the ship to access the "free" OBC). We will have to see how it all actually plays out! I have a couple of clients who will cancel and rebook if their price doesn't increase (they aren't tied to their cabins) but I also have some that have EZ air attached at good pricing so they have no interest in cancelling and losing that air price!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Okay....  Newsflash...   The ongoing 'Sale' has been extended for 24 hours ( or 48 hours - depending on which date you were looking at for the expiration. )

Now says June 6, 2020.  This is almost funny!  But really it isn't.

So, no change for those who plan on booking during that 3 Day Sale.

The flyer I have says June 30th...🤣

Flyer.pdf

I just checked the pricing of a European cruise for 2026 that I booked on the day that they came out.  The current price for an identical cabin is $2 less ($1 per person) than what I locked in at.  And no, I am not going to cancel and re-book to save $2.  

7 hours ago, PG_traveller said:

You could use the OBC to upgrade from Plus to Premier.  You get two specialty dinners each, unlimited casual meals and of course the increase from 15-20 per alcoholic drink.  This would especially come in hand if you're cruising on the Sun with it's new bar menus with higher prices and more choices between 15-20.

3 hours ago, dog said:

Princess website price drop $250 pp for my cruise BuT website won’t work to book!

One of mine, doesn’t work either. Probably already too much traffic.  Wait till later today. 😮

13 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

One of mine, doesn’t work either. Probably already too much traffic.  Wait till later today. 😮

Tried for several hours and devices.

Never say never.

Exact same fare as website- online- local, but gives $900 US OBC- standard BD midship, non refundable deposit $270 CAD.

Now I am going to stop looking. This upgraded me and pays wifi, grats.15 days. Lose $deposit if I cancel.  But all my other arrangements are made & fully refundable.

Done here.

good luck everyone

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dog said:

Now I am going to stop looking. This upgraded me and pays wifi, grats.15 days. Lose $deposit if I cancel.  But all my other arrangements are made & fully refundable.

Done here.

good luck everyone

Is this the same one reduced by $250pp?  Not bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Is this the same one reduced by $250pp?  Not bad.

Yes, there was a price drop for what I had booked.  Then it wasn’t much different to move up to a BD from BW.

$450 US pp OBC & coupon book. It is in app & on princess website like usual. However, Payment message to contact my travel agent.  
The agency is close by & owner has excellent reviews. I am relieved to see it is all correct on Princess personalizer.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dog said:

Amex shows deposit to Princess cruises- not the agency. 

did you happen to check the 5 day ( I know you changed )  

I must not be looking at the right page

Cat DA - deluxe balcony - Premier?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, voljeep said:

No, this is for the 15 day Sky next spring.

I am not touching the SUN booking or the Star booking- got those upgraded and hope it stays that way.

Sun is 7 days, after yours.

Mine is all in CAD $, except OBC is in US $.

Edited by dog

On 6/4/2024 at 9:59 AM, Wishing on a star said:

Are you referring about the annual 3 Day Sale by the one big agency??

Or is Princess also going to be running a similar deal?

Your description sounds like the one annual 3 Day Sale....  Don't know why Princess would also have a similar offer at the same time.

Is there no thread on this 3 day sale?

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

The Oct SUN cruise has 20% off   excursions now.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dog said:

The Oct SUN cruise has 20% off   excursions now.

thanks - I looked at Amber Cove excursions ... prolly will pass even tho 1st time there unless something really jumps out for her.   Could be just a 'ship' cruise this time.  for sure at T&C...

• Like 1