Irish Coffee?

Where do you go to get an Irish Coffee.  Do you go to the coffee shop or to a bar?  

Never had one on a cruise, but just came back from Ireland and enjoyed them through out the day at different pubs.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Where do you go to get an Irish Coffee.  Do you go to the coffee shop or to a bar?  

Never had one on a cruise, but just came back from Ireland and enjoyed them through out the day at different pubs.

They have it at the coffee shop, Cafe al Bacio.

Edited by Charles4515

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

They have it at the coffee shop, Cafe al Bacio.

They also have an Aspen coffee. Espresso Kalua baileys and Francgelico. Topped with whipped cream. 😋 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

They also have an Aspen coffee. Espresso Kalua baileys and Francgelico. Topped with whipped cream. 😋 

I love these and always order mine with no whipped cream.   Sometimes I'll got for just the Bailey's and coffee Americano. 

• Like 1

As others have mentioned, you can get at Cafe al Bacio or MDR/specialty restaurants.  Some of the other bars don't always have coffee available, although you can probably grab a coffee in the buffet and take it to them to get it turned into an Irish coffee.

11 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

As others have mentioned, you can get at Cafe al Bacio or MDR/specialty restaurants.  Some of the other bars don't always have coffee available, although you can probably grab a coffee in the buffet and take it to them to get it turned into an Irish coffee.

There is an al Bacio in the buffet. I have only used it for Cappachinos but they can probably make Irish Coffee. 

On 6/4/2024 at 11:31 AM, drakes2 said:

THE BEST!!!! 

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

There is an al Bacio in the buffet. I have only used it for Cappachinos but they can probably make Irish Coffee. 

Our last time on an S-class ship (Solstice fall 2022) they had had a full bar set up in Oceanview cafe il Secondo Baccio and we were able to get many different cocktails as well as coffee drinks (booze or no booze) there. I don’t remember that coffee bar being so extensive with the liquors on other S-class ships, but it was a nice alternative to have available. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, RumRunner01 said:

Our last time on an S-class ship (Solstice fall 2022) they had had a full bar set up in Oceanview cafe il Secondo Baccio

I'll definitely check that out on Solstice cruise coming up in April.  That's a much shorter walk to our cabin that Cafe al Bacio  will be. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 9:31 AM, drakes2 said:

I used to always get those after a day skiing in the lodge!  Sooo good!

On 6/5/2024 at 11:02 AM, waterbug123 said:

That would work. 🙂

Thanks for all the responses.  I had never tasted one before our Ireland trip.  

I have bought some glasses and stuff to make them at home now.  I am looking forward to  trying after a morning/day of snow skiing next trip out west.

2 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

I have bought some glasses and stuff to make them at home now.

And here I thought all I needed to do was add some Jameson's to my cup of coffee. Never knew you needed special glasses or other stuff.  I know they want to put sugar in it and add whip cream but I always skipped that.  Go figure. 

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

And here I thought all I needed to do was add some Jameson's to my cup of coffee. Never knew you needed special glasses or other stuff.  I know they want to put sugar in it and add whip cream but I always skipped that.  Go figure. 

LOL

I did buy the glasses and yes cubes of sugar and heavy cream plus, for me, the Jamerson's.  I tend to follow the recipes at first and then try variations.  So far have used cubes of sugar and tsp of brown sugar.  Want to try Baileys this week-end.  Need to make a run to a liquor store.  Be right back.  🙂

• Like 1

Baileys on ice is the best regardless of weather although I do enjoy it during the summer. When I was on the Beyond this past March I had a couple of Aspen coffees and they didn't taste the same as previously. Seems it was heavy on the Espresso. A month later I did a TA on the Ascent and never ordered one. I did buy 2 large bottles of Baileys in Costa Rica duty free slightly cheaper than onboard. They even let me take to my cabin but I just packed them. 

On 6/4/2024 at 8:31 AM, drakes2 said:

They also have an Aspen coffee. Espresso Kalua baileys and Frangelico. Topped with whipped cream. 😋 

Photo of Aspen coffee. It was very good.

Drinks.thumb.jpg.b023b1a6995140d11459ef71aa38396e.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Photo of Aspen coffee. It was very good.

Drinks.thumb.jpg.b023b1a6995140d11459ef71aa38396e.jpg

Much better than what they gave me on Beyond. Hardly any whipped cream and once she added steamed milk I returned it and got a new one. They also serve a piece of biscotti on the side. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

LOL

I did buy the glasses and yes cubes of sugar and heavy cream plus, for me, the Jamerson's.  I tend to follow the recipes at first and then try variations.  So far have used cubes of sugar and tsp of brown sugar.  Want to try Baileys this week-end.  Need to make a run to a liquor store.  Be right back.  🙂

The Irish coffees we had in Strasbourg, France were amazing. They make them a bit different there and they were amazing. Nowhere else in my travels have I had one prepared that way. The several places we had them in Strasbourg all made them the same special way but nowhere outside there (neighboring cities in France or Germany) knew the method. 

I also know The Buena Vista in San Francisco, CA is famous for make delicious ones but I’ve not had theirs yet. 

On 6/4/2024 at 8:31 AM, drakes2 said:

Aspen coffee wasn't available on our last cruise. It wasn't even on the menu.

15 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Aspen coffee wasn't available on our last cruise. It wasn't even on the menu.

Very odd as its so popular. It was on the Ascent menu in April

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Baileys on ice, so nice.

Bailey's on an Affogato -- delicious!

Heck even Bailey's on French Vanilla Ice Cream is great.