Sun move over offer!

Strange but we got a move over offer 2 days before sailing. It was a great offer but we were flying from Dublin to catch the ship in Civitavecchia and since it is the end of our 3 month Europe trip no way were we going to accept. still strange to get the offer so late in the game.

23 minutes ago, Globaler said:

Strange but we got a move over offer 2 days before sailing. It was a great offer but we were flying from Dublin to catch the ship in Civitavecchia and since it is the end of our 3 month Europe trip no way were we going to accept. still strange to get the offer so late in the game.

Probably overbooked, they’ll get some who can do it.  We always go a couple days early, so wouldn’t work for us either.

Too bad.😮

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Probably overbooked, they’ll get some who can do it.  We always go a couple days early, so wouldn’t work for us either.

Too bad.😮

It was a super offer but no way I’m taking it.

3 minutes ago, Globaler said:

It was a super offer but no way I’m taking it.

They offered full refund and another cruise?  That’s what we got on our move over last time.

11 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

They offered full refund and another cruise?  That’s what we got on our move over last time.

Yes but I was inflight from Dublin so too late

5 hours ago, Globaler said:

Yes but I was inflight from Dublin so too late

We would check if any other cruises have space(at sensible price) that fit the travel window.

Then decide.

2 hours ago, insidecabin said:

We would check if any other cruises have space(at sensible price) that fit the travel window.

Then decide.

Well we fly out of Barcelona in 2 weeks and we have been traveling for almost 3 months and are pretty tired.  looking forward to getting on the ship and relaxing!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hmmm, I’d take it! 
Even if I had landed!

My cruise is in August, I doubt we’d get an offer 

@GlobalerHow did you receive the offer? Email or phone? 

Edited by jennybenny
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Globaler said:

still strange to get the offer so late in the game.

We've had two move over offers, and always 2-3 days prior to the sail date. They don't do this until the last minute when they're desperate for cabins. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Hmmm, I’d take it! 
Even if I had landed!

My cruise is in August, I doubt we’d get an offer 

@GlobalerHow did you receive the offer? Email or phone? 

Email and I get it that some would take it but we are exhausted and need some R&R after managing logistics traveling in Portugal and Ireland for more than 2 months!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

We've had two move over offers, and always 2-3 days prior to the sail date. They don't do this until the last minute when they're desperate for cabins. 

I agree and had it been in the middle of our European trip this year we probably would have done it for sure.

• Like 2

Full refund AND another cruise ?

I would take it in a heartbeat.

At worst case are the costs of up to 2 r/t airfares

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just a coupe of days ago I accepted an offer for my June 8th Sun sailing from Rome to Barcelona.  I had booked my flights with miles and they were fully refundable.  The offer included 100% of my cruise cost as a REFUNDABLE OBC on my FREE replacement cruise.  I'm now rebooked on the exact same itinerary on August 10th instead.  I was able to rebooked my flights for less miles than I had paid for the June 8th cruise and Princess also refunded all pre-paid excursions that were non-refundable (booked outside Princess) as OBC.  It was not a big deal for me to change the dates, so it's a huge win since I had the flexibility to accept the offer.

On 6/7/2024 at 5:52 AM, insidecabin said:

Then decide.

The price of the replacement cruise was not a factor, it was free.  I just needed to find one with availability (within a year of my original cruise date).  Done and booked by Princess!

Edited by InFullertonCA
  • Like 7

Way to go!!

I have never gotten a Move Over but several years ago got a great deal once to give up my balcony cabin for interior.  We aren’t balcony people but our TA had booked it for us when Princess used to offer a Full Catagory cabin upgrade (they now offer same original cabin category selected but “upgraded” location).
It was a few days ahead of boarding and my TA called me with Princess on the other line to accept.  Got the FULL cruise refund as OBC and about 2 weeks after the cruise got a check for remainder of balance for what our on board account had been - close to $5K.  

From what I read now Princess has started offering the Bid Up for a different category like several other cruise lines.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, InFullertonCA said:

Just a coupe of days ago I accepted an offer for my June 8th Sun sailing from Rome to Barcelona.  I had booked my flights with miles and they were fully refundable.  The offer included 100% of my cruise cost as a REFUNDABLE OBC on my FREE replacement cruise.  I'm now rebooked on the exact same itinerary on August 10th instead.  I was able to rebooked my flights for less miles than I had paid for the June 8th cruise and Princess also refunded all pre-paid excursions that were non-refundable (booked outside Princess) as OBC.  It was not a big deal for me to change the dates, so it's a huge win since I had the flexibility to accept the offer.

The price of the replacement cruise was not a factor, it was free.  I just needed to find one with availability (within a year of my original cruise date).  Done and booked by Princess!

What kind of cabin were you booked in?

On 6/6/2024 at 12:18 PM, Globaler said:

I’ve gotten a few move over offers in my cruising lifetime and they are usually offered very late in the game, as inevitably, people cancel (or don’t) late in the game.  Since they didn’t get the number of expected last minute cancellations, they made the offer.  They will always have someone like us that will accept their offer.  
I actually have my fingers crossed that I get one of these offers on just about every cruise I take.  😆 

• Like 1