Teppanyaki Confusion!

Hello All!

I'm on Odyssey next year with a family group of 12 and booked Teppanyaki for all of us the second night - I have 3 questions:

1). Does the price I paid include two proteins (filet & shrimp, chicken & filet, etc), or just one protein?  There’s no choice at checkout, but it seems there’s different pricing on the menu.  

2). Are all sushi offerings in Teppanyaki an up-charge?

3). I booked for 5:30 - will that time interfere with any shows that are normally scheduled for the second night?

This is my first time on Royal, so not sure of their scheduling and dining particulars.  Thanks so much!!!

Susan

Posted (edited)

We got our choice of meats, I got steak and shrimp...mmmm The cover charge...covered it!  Oh! And there was chicken in my fried rice.

Edited by BecciBoo

2 hours ago, Wombservice said:

Hello All!

I'm on Odyssey next year with a family group of 12 and booked Teppanyaki for all of us the second night - I have 3 questions:

1). Does the price I paid include two proteins (filet & shrimp, chicken & filet, etc), or just one protein?  There’s no choice at checkout, but it seems there’s different pricing on the menu.  

3). I booked for 5:30 - will that time interfere with any shows that are normally scheduled for the second night?

This is my first time on Royal, so not sure of their scheduling and dining particulars.  Thanks so much!!!

Susan

We've only done the lunch, but we all got the two proteins. Also, sushi is an upcharge, but delish! 

3 hours ago, Wombservice said:

We've always had two proteins with every meal.  

3 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

In 30 plus cruises we've never done teppanyaki at sea.  Is it good?

Every cruise we've been on that had a Teppanyaki we've done it.  It's my favorite specialty restaurant.  I think Royal does it extremely well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Airbear232 said:

I think it is as good as any similar land based restaurant where I live. I don’t think it is as good as Chops, Hooked or 150 Central Park, but keep in mind food is very subjective. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Airbear232 said:

We do teppanyaki on any cruise that has it.  Up until now, it has been the tables within Izumi.  We are really looking forward to our sailing on Odyssey later this year since it has a separate Teppanyaki restaurant.  From the pictures and videos I have watched, it looks much more welcoming than the crowded area the tables are in within Izumi.  Food has always been really good and we have had chefs that have been very entertaining.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I think there is some confusion. Izumi has 2 sections. Both have sit down restaurants. The stir fry is a separate eating area from the sit down side people call the sushi side. In your planner you can see the sit down sushi side can be booked separate. It has lots more stuff than sushi but it does have sushi as a menu choice. The sit down sushi side, pick 1 small, 2 large and 1 dessert. It also allows you to buy ala carte. If I was paying for the hibachi side, I'd do the ala carte sushi another time. The areas are separate eating areas and separate menus., 1 japanese soup is free, bit ginger a different soup from thr small choices. The large entrees are all kinds of choice.. twice imgot the poki bowl, once a double poki blwl. I love poki. Hawaiian square cute raw fish. This place adds salmon, I ask them for no salmon, and fried rice and green seaweed salad. To memits a full meal. Infant eat 2 large entrees. 1 dessert. Most have said they were allowed to sub a small choice instead of a dessert. I've done this twice.  

Edited by firefly333

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think there is some confusion. Izumi has 2 sections. Both have sit down restaurants. The stir fry is a separate eating area from the sit down side people call the sushi side. In your planner you can see the sit down sushi side can be booked separate. It has lots more stuff than sushi but it does have sushi as a menu choice. The sit down sushi side, pick 1 small, 2 large and 1 dessert. It also allows you to buy ala carte. If I was paying for the hibachi side, I'd do the ala carte sushi another time. The areas are separate eating areas and separate menus., 1 japanese soup is free, bit ginger a different soup from thr small choices. The large entrees are all kinds of choice.. twice imgot the poki bowl, once a double poki blwl. I love poki. Hawaiian square cute raw fish. This place adds salmon, I ask them for no salmon, and fried rice and green seaweed salad. To memits a full meal. Infant eat 2 large entrees. 1 dessert. Most have said they were allowed to sub a small choice instead of a dessert. I've done this twice.  

There isn't any confusion, Odyssey has Izumi and a separate Teppanyaki restaurant on a different deck.  Other ships, like the Quantum class ships, have very small Izumi restaurants with no hibachi tables.

6 hours ago, Wombservice said:

Hello All!

Susan

1. The pre-paid price includes your choice of either one or two proteins. Ignore the price difference...it's for people that pay at the time of the meal. The menu has four 2-protein choices, but you can choose the two you want. For example, I had beef tenderloin and sea scallops.

2. The sushi offerings are an upcharge.

3. Allow plenty of time for your meal. The chef won't start until all parties are seated at the table. We were at a table for 8 on Wonder for lunch and two people never showed up. We waited at least 20 minutes before the chef came out and started.

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We do teppanyaki on any cruise that has it.  Up until now, it has been the tables within Izumi.  We are really looking forward to our sailing on Odyssey later this year since it has a separate Teppanyaki restaurant.  From the pictures and videos I have watched, it looks much more welcoming than the crowded area the tables are in within Izumi.  Food has always been really good and we have had chefs that have been very entertaining.

Sounds good, we have a large family cruise for New Year’s and this sounds like a great option for everyone.  Thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Odyssey was our favorite Teppanyaki... You will enjoy it I'm sure!!

On 6/11/2024 at 12:38 PM, reallyitsmema said:

We really enjoyed the Teppanyaki on Odyssey. The venue is so much more inviting.