Apex not to be missed

Posted (edited)

Hi, long time no see... (or no SEA!) I have just booked a cabin on the Apex (first time on this class of ship) with my future DIL. We sail 4 nights 23rd August. I cannot wait to explore a new style of Celebrity ship but its all very different to what I am used to - can anyone help me understand the dining?

We have early dining slot. 

Any shows that are not to be missed? Any other tips? Thank you. 

Edited by ladylemondrop

• ladylemondrop changed the title to Apex not to be missed

There are 4 MDR's and all are Anytime seating. First night will be busy at the door. If you like you can ask to reserve a table and time. Each dining room has specialties linked to the theme of the restaurant: However, you can order any of those specialties while in any of the 4 dining rooms. The main menu is the same for each venue each evening. We quite enjoyed this recently on Beyond. As far as shows, I suggest you go to any of the production shows as the theater has state of the art equipment. 

• Like 1

I've heard – but have not seen yet – that "Caravan" offered in The Club by the Eden cast was outstanding.  I'm looking forward to seeing it when I do Apex's fall transatlantic cruise.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

I've heard – but have not seen yet – that "Caravan" offered in The Club by the Eden cast was outstanding.  I'm looking forward to seeing it when I do Apex's fall transatlantic cruise.

Yes! Saw it last week. Another one worth queuing for to get a seat ☺️

• Like 2

If only they would add a World Class Bar.  I sailed Edge and Apex just once because I missed the WCB.  They have my favorite cocktails.  

• Like 1

Street Curling in the club was good fun, if looking for something to do on a sea day. Also, the lunchtime soups, sandwiches and salads at Eden cafe are excellent. On a nice day, there's outdoor seating on the starboard side of Eden, adjacent to the cafe.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

What time was that show?

We have our dining booked for our Dec cruise but hope, this will fit into our schedule.. ours is a short cruise?

On the four day short cruise leaving Southampton, Caravan was on Day 3 and Rockumentary was on Day 4. There’s always a later showing so you can make it even if dining late. 

Have sailed on Edge, Apex and Beyond but was the first time on Beyond that we attended the Eden production cast shows and they were both outstanding. We will not miss then again when we sail Apex next spring. As others have pointed out, get there early if you want a good seat (the seating arrangement is not ideal in Eden while the Club is good though early birds get the best seats.

2 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

Have sailed on Edge, Apex and Beyond but was the first time on Beyond that we attended the Eden production cast shows and they were both outstanding. We will not miss then again when we sail Apex next spring. As others have pointed out, get there early if you want a good seat (the seating arrangement is not ideal in Eden while the Club is good though early birds get the best seats.

Club has great stuff too!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Isn't curling usually indoors?

I'm guessing it's doing it on a surface other than ice?

They had it during the day in the Club on Ascent..very popular.  Every indoor space was taken up with sports...curling,  putting etc And the Rooftop had Pickleball...plink plink plink! 

And non sports areas had loud  music. .bass bass bass!

Loved the ship but thought they could have a few Quiet spaces..not taken over by  the card players!

Just walked off Apex this morning and sitting at Heathrow waiting to fly to EWR. 7 day Norwegian Fjord and Bruges. The entertainment was wonderful. Comedian Paul Boardman was pretty funny. Savanah and Jesse HamiltonJunior were very good. But the biggest thrill and experience was Tribute to the Beatles the last night. Do not miss the show if you like the Beatles. Go even if you don’t. 

IMG_2382.jpeg

• Like 3