Who writes and gets paid for this rubbish?

It's a clickbait "article".Ā  It's only purpose it to get people to click through and see the ads.Ā  You unwittingly may have aided their cause by reposting the linkšŸ˜®

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mnocket said:

It's a clickbait "article".Ā  It's only purpose it to get people to click through and see the ads.Ā  You unwittingly may have aided their cause by reposting the linkšŸ˜®

Ā 

Ā 

Dammit !!Ā šŸ˜ƒ

Ā 

JBĀ šŸ™‚

• Haha 3

I rapidly clicked through it. As an author, I have played with AI, and most new articles seem to be generated by AI. As an experienced cruiser, I find them not at all helpful. It is interesting that anyone can generate a pretty good article that is mostly true by just putting a well-thought-out prompt into an AI generator. I fear that is our future.

Ā 

Fiction, on the other hand, is pretty horrible. They use five swarmy, sloppy sentences where just one would suffice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

I rapidly clicked through it. As an author, I have played with AI, and most new articles seem to be generated by AI. As an experienced cruiser, I find them not at all helpful. It is interesting that anyone can generate a pretty good article that is mostly true by just putting a well-thought-out prompt into an AI generator. I fear that is our future.

Ā 

Fiction, on the other hand, is pretty horrible. They use five swarmy, sloppy sentences where just one would suffice.

Ā 

The problem is AI isn't really AI. Ā It is coding largely about database searches. Ā  My concern is it should not be considered factual. Ā 

On 6/12/2024 at 7:10 PM, ldubs said:

The slide about the reason behind ice cream parties was interesting. Ā Ā 

But lies. Putting bodies into a place where food is stored violates so many health standards and even laws.

Ā 

The person who started this rumor claims that "Maybe four to ten people die every cruise" which we know is nonsense. Every time someone dies on a cruise ship, it's big news because it's so rare.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

But lies. Putting bodies into a place where food is stored violates so many health standards and even laws.

Ā 

The person who started this rumor claims that "Maybe four to ten people die every cruise" which we know is nonsense. Every time someone dies on a cruise ship, it's big news because it's so rare.

Ā 

I don't know how many deaths actually happen on board. Ā Official numbers are not readily available (or more likely I'm too lazy to spend the time). Ā I did see an NIH study of two small cruise ships. Ā  Over a 6 year period there was an average of 2 deaths/year/ship. Ā  Whatever the average, I sure agree I wouldn't trust any of the stat's given in this article. Ā I think I raised some eyebrows about the number of claimed cruise ships that capsize each year. Ā