Changing Cabin Occupants After Boarding

Has anyone ever changed occupants from one cabin to another after boarding? We have done it before on other cruise lines and it was not much of a hassle...just went to Guest Services. But we're wondering how/if it will work on Princess once medallions have been issued. If it is possible, and you have done it, please share with us what to do. Thanks a lot!

The medallions can be programmed to ‘unlock’ multiple cabins, just go to guest services with at least one person currently occupying the cabins you want access and they will update the medallions, easy.

Do you want to just have access to each room or do you want to do a manifest/physical change of persons?  Was this done because you are traveling with underaged children?  Who will have the Plus/Premier, if applicable?

10 hours ago, wallyj said:

The medallions can be programmed to ‘unlock’ multiple cabins, just go to guest services with at least one person currently occupying the cabins you want access and they will update the medallions, easy.

This is great info as my dh and I will be traveling with my dad and his aide and I would like to be ab!e to get into their room.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wink87 said:

This is great info as my dh and I will be traveling with my dad and his aide and I would like to be ab!e to get into their room.

That is handled very simply with a trip to guest services.  You *may* be required to have parties from both cabins present before they will do this.

• Like 1

You will not be changing the official occupants in either cabin. You will just be adding access multiple people to other cabins. Princess does not care who sleeps where. You will each still need to use your official original cabin number when making purchases or dealing with ship personnel.

I will be doing this in two days.  My daughter and her family are in the cabin across the hall.  We want to make our mini suite available to the four of them sailing in an interior cabin.  They may want to use our bathroom or balcony. Also, my son-in-law snores.  I picture someone coming across the hall to sleep in our sofa bed. I am assuming I can ask the cabin attendant to make up the sofa bed. I will visit GS on day one to get them access to our cabin.  I cannot picture needing accesss to theirs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I will be doing this in two days.  My daughter and her family are in the cabin across the hall.  We want to make our mini suite available to the four of them sailing in an interior cabin.  They may want to use our bathroom or balcony. Also, my son-in-law snores.  I picture someone coming across the hall to sleep in our sofa bed. I am assuming I can ask the cabin attendant to make up the sofa bed. I will visit GS on day one to get them access to our cabin.  I cannot picture needing accesss to theirs.

The only time I can think of is if you needed to grab something for one of your grandkids for example. If you had access, you could get it and bring it to them.

We’ll be next door to my son, his wife, and their baby. We’ll keep the balcony divider open and give them access to our door so they can get in and out from the balcony without going through their own door if the baby’s sleeping 

• Like 2

We actually want to move two people...switch one from each of two cabins into the other cabin. Giving those two access to the other cabin would solve part of the problem. We will all be using the same credit card for onboard charges, but one of those who is switching cabins will need to pay us back (she has no credit card of her own). Unless her medallion can be changed to show that she is in the new cabin, we can't figure out how to differentiate her charges as each time she charges something it will show up from the wrong cabin, along with the charges of those occupying that cabin. I know this is as clear as mud, but we have some smart and well traveled posters on this board. So we're hoping for wisdom...perhaps from someone who has done it. We sailed Princess before the medallion was put into use (we are platinum on Princess). And with all the other lines we have sailed this would be an easy fix as we've done it before. But it seems like the medallion may gum up the works. Ideas anyone?? Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Luvsnorkeling said:

We actually want to move two people...switch one from each of two cabins into the other cabin. Giving those two access to the other cabin would solve part of the problem. We will all be using the same credit card for onboard charges, but one of those who is switching cabins will need to pay us back (she has no credit card of her own). Unless her medallion can be changed to show that she is in the new cabin, we can't figure out how to differentiate her charges as each time she charges something it will show up from the wrong cabin, along with the charges of those occupying that cabin. I know this is as clear as mud, but we have some smart and well traveled posters on this board. So we're hoping for wisdom...perhaps from someone who has done it. We sailed Princess before the medallion was put into use (we are platinum on Princess). And with all the other lines we have sailed this would be an easy fix as we've done it before. But it seems like the medallion may gum up the works. Ideas anyone?? Thanks!

Giving her medallion access to another cabin should not affect the display of ‘her’ charges. Even though you are using a shared card to reconcile all charges, there will still be a break out of ‘her’ individual charges so you will know exactly how much she needs to repay. You do not need to ask guest services to rebook her into the room she will move to. When she charges something it will go to her individual account to the cabin she was booked. Each passenger has a separate ‘folio’, so you will be able to see the total charges related to just her.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BamaVol said:

There should be no problem having the cabin attendant making up the sofa bed. You should also be able to ask him not to make up one of the beds in the interior if you decide you won't be using it.

You may find it useful to have access to the interior across the hall if someone is using the bathroom in your cabin.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Luvsnorkeling said:

But it seems like the medallion may gum up the works. 

The medallion is basically a smart cruise card. If you could do what you want before the medallion, no reason you can't do it with one.

13 hours ago, Luvsnorkeling said:

It will only reflect her charges, regardless of which cabin the her Medallion has access to. 

On 6/12/2024 at 10:19 PM, Luvsnorkeling said:

Has anyone ever changed occupants from one cabin to another after boarding? We have done it before on other cruise lines and it was not much of a hassle...just went to Guest Services. But we're wondering how/if it will work on Princess once medallions have been issued. If it is possible, and you have done it, please share with us what to do. Thanks a lot!

Why wouldn’t you just book them in the right cabin, rather then switching?

• Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 11:30 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Do you want to just have access to each room or do you want to do a manifest/physical change of persons?  Was this done because you are traveling with underaged children?  Who will have the Plus/Premier, if applicable?

17 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Some reasons are minimum age or plus/preimer packages. 

Wouldn’t Guest Services question breaking the Rules if these were reasons given?

Underage, unsupervised? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2024 at 5:41 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

You *may* be required to have parties from both cabins present before they will do this.

Obviously otherwise you could spot an attractive passenger, like me find out where my cabin is by following me then go to guest services to register your interest and put your request in.  My cabin might get totally overcrowded with excessive numbers of ladies.

Lol John

Edited by john watson
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dog said:

Wouldn’t Guest Services question breaking the Rules if these were reasons given?

Underage, unsupervised? 

You don't need to give Guest Services a reason to grant access to an additional cabin. All you need is the permission of someone assigned to that cabin. You are not requesting a change in cabin occupancy - just additional cabin access. Granting access to additional cabins is not breaking any rules.

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2024 at 11:30 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

On 6/13/2024 at 10:57 PM, Luvsnorkeling said:

We actually want to move two people...switch one from each of two cabins into the other cabin. Giving those two access to the other cabin would solve part of the problem. We will all be using the same credit card for onboard charges, but one of those who is switching cabins … 

Edited by dog

1 hour ago, NavyVeteran said:

You don't need to give Guest Services a reason to grant access to an additional cabin. All you need is the permission of someone assigned to that cabin. You are not requesting a change in cabin occupancy - just additional cabin access. Granting access to additional cabins is not breaking any rules.

Please refer to post #20. That is what I was asking about.

why not book the passengers in the cabin they intend to use?

Are you switching once on-board to share drink packages or move underage kids?

I am not sure if this meets your needs but here goes.  We did an AK cruise w our 2 granddaughters aged 11 and 14.  We booked 1 cabin for me and granddaughter A and a 2nd cabin for my wife and granddaughter B.  When we got on board we switched.  My wife and I in cabin 1 and granddaughters A and B in cabin 2.  There were no problems and the kids were well behaved.  Also we have no idea what time they went to sleep aand we did not want to know.

DON

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I am not sure if this meets your needs but here goes.  We did an AK cruise w our 2 granddaughters aged 11 and 14.  We booked 1 cabin for me and granddaughter A and a 2nd cabin for my wife and granddaughter B.  When we got on board we switched.  My wife and I in cabin 1 and granddaughters A and B in cabin 2.  There were no problems and the kids were well behaved.  Also we have no idea what time they went to sleep aand we did not want to know.

DON

Glad that worked out great for you.

Why can’t the kids be booked in their own cabins initially?

41 minutes ago, dog said:

Glad that worked out great for you.

Why can’t the kids be booked in their own cabins initially?

Age restrictions.  I think under 16 needs an adult in the cabin.

My question.  How do you split Plus or Premier?

• Thanks 1