Luminae Question

We are set for Retreat on Beyond next summer.  I have been reading threads that Luminae is not open every day for lunch.  I looked through our Celebrity Today from our last cruise to Alaska and it was closed for 2 of the 7 nights.

I understand Magic Carpet Sky Suite guests get a full complimentary room service menu, but there really is no place in the room for two people to sit and have lunch, especially since the patio furniture has been greatly reduced.

Is this standard that a couple of days they are not open for lunch?

6 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

We are set for Retreat on Beyond next summer.  I have been reading threads that Luminae is not open every day for lunch.  I looked through our Celebrity Today from our last cruise to Alaska and it was closed for 2 of the 7 nights.

Yes, it is standard across Celebrity, the Main restaurants, MDR's and Luminae, are not open for lunch on port days, unless you do not arrive at the port until after noon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

I understand Magic Carpet Sky Suite guests get a full complimentary room service menu, but there really is no place in the room for two people to sit and have lunch, especially since the patio furniture has been greatly reduced.

Luminae is not open for lunch when the ship is in port

9 minutes ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

There is also the limited menu for lunch on the Retreat Deck on port days.  

We like lunch in outdoor retreat , but definitely a limited menu as just said , good burger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George C said:

We like lunch in outdoor retreat , but definitely a limited menu as just said , good burger.

I like the Roast Turkey BLT Wrap as well as the Luminae Signature Burger.  Just wish there was more shaded places to enjoy it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

I thought X added a coffee table in the Sky Suites. 

We did not have one in our Aqua Sky Suite on Millennium last month.  

• Like 1

Luminae is open for lunch on sea days only. So number of days depends on your itinerary. 

Oceanview is actually very acceptable for lunch.  Lots of options. Just go early or late to avoid the crowds.  Yes, it’s buffet, but really not the end of the world.  If you’re on tours, having a quick lunch may be a plus.  Mast Grill is also open for hamburgers, etc.   

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, ggo85 said:

Luminae is open for lunch on sea days only. So number of days depends on your itinerary. 

Oceanview is actually very acceptable for lunch.  Lots of options. Just go early or late to avoid the crowds.  Yes, it’s buffet, but really not the end of the world.  If you’re on tours, having a quick lunch may be a plus.  Mast Grill is also open for hamburgers, etc.   

Especially if you enjoy the carving stations, usually roast turkey or some type of beef.  The sides: stuffing, mashed potato, carrots, green beans are always very fresh and tasty.

Edited by Liao

1 hour ago, ggo85 said:

We have had some good sandwiches and chips delivered to our room on in port days when traveling in the Retreat.  Lunch on the balcony can be nice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ggo85 said:

And sometimes, not always, if there is a very late arrival in port.

7 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Luminae is never open on Port days unless arrival is at noon time.   BTW Blu is never open for lunch.   You can grab a light lunch at Retreat Sundeck -   Spa Cafe have light meals that are really nice and a sandwich daily that is made to order on the menu on wall.     Also OVC and Pool Grill are open

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We did not have one in our Aqua Sky Suite on Millennium last month.  

I should have added. When we 1st sailed on the Edge we had a tv tray for a table. X added the coffee table in the Sky Suites on the Edge Class ships. See photo

celebrity-edge-sky-suite.jpg

When in port the restaurant is closed but there is a limited menu they will bring pool side or bar for you, burger, grilled chicken sandwich, turkey blt , chicken ceaser salsd, shrimp cocktail 

28 minutes ago, NHCRUISIN said:

When in port the restaurant is closed but there is a limited menu they will bring pool side or bar for you, burger, grilled chicken sandwich, turkey blt , chicken ceaser salsd, shrimp cocktail 

Yes on those ships that have a Retreat Sun Deck ... For those without a Retreat Sun Deck, is when we choose to dine on our balcony.. 

52 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I should have added. When we 1st sailed on the Edge we had a tv tray for a table. X added the coffee table in the Sky Suites on the Edge Class ships. See photo

celebrity-edge-sky-suite.jpg

On the Millennium, we had two round foot rest, the small brown coffee table, and the two "tables" at the foot of the bed.  We put the  two tables together and made a 'coffee table' out of them that would accommodate the tray our room service breakfast held.  

Note the two round foot stools were not in our Sky Suite last  year but were in our Aqua Sky Suite last month. 

IMG_1127.thumb.JPG.c368afdd0d0d275c2796393dbaee5805.JPG

IMG_1126.thumb.JPG.eb594e5f53d1f303a90be438cf7d2099.JPG

This was the table on our balcony.  We did not eat outside as there was no protective overhang above us. 

IMG_1136.thumb.JPG.0a5bb02d5522be9bee01804f05afd17e.JPG

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NHCRUISIN said:

The burgers were quite good at Mast Grill on the Edge.  I am sure the ones they serve poolside is just as good if not better.