Glass Elevators - Which Ships

Hello, I am on the Summit this August and was happy to see that the ship has glass elevators. I am pretty claustrophobic but can handle glass elevators just fine. 

I want to look at booking a Caribbean cruise someday and I am curious if anyone knows which Celebrity ships do have a set of glass elevators?

1 minute ago, KellyWestCoast said:

Hello, I am on the Summit this August and was happy to see that the ship has glass elevators. I am pretty claustrophobic but can handle glass elevators just fine. 

I want to look at booking a Caribbean cruise someday and I am curious if anyone knows which Celebrity ships do have a set of glass elevators?

Eclipse has them, 

The M and S class ships have them.  The E class does not, and I, like you, can only ride in the glass elevators.  But I did cruise on the Edge last summer, and I sure was worn out by day 7 taking the stairs.  That being said, I didn’t gain an ounce on that cruise lol.  Going to have to train for next years 14 day cruise on the Apex 🤣.

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

All M and S class ships have them. The M class ships, Like the summit, have some which look out to sea.  The S class ships look inward to the atrium.

How does one find the elevators with a view of the sea?  Are they the main bank of elevators?  I’ll be on Millie.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

How does one find the elevators with a view of the sea?  Are they the main bank of elevators?  I’ll be on Millie.  Thanks.

All M class midship elevators.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hcat said:

interesting..the glass elevators  with views out  make me " anxious"  ..like riding in a cable car

For some it is a view of the ocean which E class has little of...

20 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

For some it is a view of the ocean which E class has little of...

Not quite sure a 10 second elevator ride will quench that thirst.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Liao said:

Not quite sure a 10 second elevator ride will quench that thirst.

But the Sky lounge or the rest of the ship will.  All views vs. very few views and only if you are in a suite ...

M and S class have plenty of views for everyone ...

Edited by NMTraveller

2 hours ago, hcat said:

interesting..the glass elevators  with views out  make me " anxious"  ..like riding in a cable car

Just turn around and face the opposite direction. You'll be fine.

1 hour ago, mom says said:

Just turn around and face the opposite direction. You'll be fine.

yup.. that's what I do...Rides are short enough so it works OK!

7 hours ago, darsura said:

The M and S class ships have them.  The E class does not, and I, like you, can only ride in the glass elevators.  But I did cruise on the Edge last summer, and I sure was worn out by day 7 taking the stairs.  That being said, I didn’t gain an ounce on that cruise lol.  Going to have to train for next years 14 day cruise on the Apex 🤣.

I went with my family on a Holland America cruise last summer. Lunch was on deck 10 and dinner on 2. Our cabin was on 8. I have never climbed so many flights of stairs in my life. 

14 hours ago, KellyWestCoast said:

I can confirm that Solstice has glass elevators but the Edge does not.  We were disappointed when we noticed this on the Edge however, the size of the elevators was larger on the Edge where as Solstice we felt they were too small.

Posted (edited)

Face your fears head on..how does the glass change anything?  You still can’t get out if it stops…

Edited by PTC DAWG