Dining reservations

negn

13 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

There is no rhyme or reason why it is the way it is.  It's frustrating that Princess is not following their own rules.  You should either be Platinum or above or paid off to reserve.  It's a perk that you have earned.  The fact that first time Princess cruisers can use the web version and reserve ahead of time defeats the purpose of having the perk for loyal customers.

Two different development teams - one for app and one for website version. No cross checking and possibly even not the same set of instructions. I'll believe anything at this point when it comes to programming flubs on Princess.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

OK still no luck for me.  Only option via both avenues is Michelango 5;00 and 7:20 p.m.  Botticelli and DaVinci says no time slots available. 

That was my experience, so I booked Michelangelo spot for 7.20 every night, kept checking for 2 weeks then a few days ago all the traditional dining was gone and Botticelli opened up slots every 20 minutes. I replaced several of my original bookings or Botticelli.

2 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

But isn’t that just early dining in the traditional dining room with a private table? 

On The Sun Princess deck 7 is the reservable Horizons dining room.

Deck 6 is Traditional 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Josie201 here’s what I show for Ruby.

Ruby Princess-2024 & 2025 ( reservations open for 7-5-25 + now)

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM ( shared or private table)and 7:20 pm (private table only)-as of July 14, 2024 cruise/ voyage in April 2025. This dining room is full? Not able to book for either seating. 

For a cruise/ voyage in October 2024 only 5 pm is available for traditional.

Botticelli- reservable,every 20 minute time slots- able to get private table (6 pm , 7:00, & 7:20 pm)

DaVinci- walk in ,no reservations 

so you have tried the web version with no luck? Post 789 has link.

keep trying & yes times do open up.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Cruise till you drop the private/ share table option should be at the end. Pick dining room first,then time,then table. Of course not all choices are available every time you log in. Might be full for your choice.

Post  (#746) a screen shot of what this looks like.  Not sure if web or app.

Edited by arizonaperson

Posted (edited)

@555 perhaps your choice on The Sun Princess is full for dining reservations, so that’s why Princess agent could not do anything for you,except refer you to onboard dining room manager??

Perhaps select a different DR or time ? Or keep checking the app or web version.

Can’t make a reservation for a timeslot or dining room that’s not available. Of course onboard they may be able to work something out for you. Have you tried other dining rooms or other timeslots to see if you’re able to make a reservation? I know that this is not what you want, but are you able to do it. That might explain why you can’t get 5 PM, but of course I have no idea.

Edited by arizonaperson

FINALLY!! After many attempts!! 

Thanks to all who  have posted!! Yes, the web link below did work. I was able to  reserve dining for our end January Sun Sailing (Horizon deck 7) & end May on the Enchanted( Amalfi Dining Room).  Both with a private table. With the link I went in using our booking number. 

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

• Like 2

23 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

This is what I show for the

Emerald Princess -2024 & 2025

Michelangelo is traditional 5 pm & 7:30pm

Botticelli is reservable every 20 minute time slots

DA Vinci walk-in

My cruise on Emerald is over a year away so I can't make reservations but I think you likely have this right. Botticelli shows "No time slots available" as does Da Vinci. Michelangelo shows me 5:00 PM and 7:30 PM - neither of which suits me.

My cruise on Regal just before the one on Emerald just gives me a giant ERROR for all three of those dining rooms.

@Thrak Here’s what I have for Regal.

Regal Princess 2024? Or 2025?

Symphony- Traditional 5 pm ( private or shared table) or  7:30pm( private table only)

Allegro-reservable 5 pm - 8:40 pm,every 20 minute reservation time slots

Concerto- walk in

We’ll darn that you can’t book Regal P. Since it’s before your other cruise. I am assuming you’ve tried all the different ways that other passengers are obtaining the reservations? The app, a PC, your phone, a different phone, etc.

So is your Regal cruise August 2025 and beyond? We’ll keep trying.

7 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

So is your Regal cruise August 2025 and beyond? We’ll keep trying.

The Regal cruise isn't until late September 2025. I'm not at all surprised I can't make dinner reservations yet although I do have everything else up to date and am Green Lane all the way on both that and the Emerald cruise that follows. There is plenty of time before we sail to get dining locked in. 😉

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

The Regal cruise isn't until late September 2025. I'm not at all surprised I can't make dinner reservations yet although I do have everything else up to date and am Green Lane all the way on both that and the Emerald cruise that follows. There is plenty of time before we sail to get dining locked in. 😉

Yes, you have time. Hopefully in September 2024 you will be able to book dinner.

21 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

perhaps your choice on The Sun Princess is full for dining reservations, so that’s why Princess agent could not do anything for you,except refer you to onboard dining room manager??

If so, it's been filled since late Feb which I can't believe. I'm sure the maitre d will be accommodating once aboard. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 555 said:

If so, it's been filled since late Feb which I can't believe. I'm sure the maitre d will be accommodating once aboard. 

We're on for two weeks starting on October 26 and even after paying off early, couldn't get the slots we wanted.  Luckily the 2025 slots opened a few weeks ago and we got our 540 two top for our 14 nights in January.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just changed my Majestic 2026 Spring TA + Brit to a Regal Fall 2025 Brit + TA, 31 days. 

Decided to check app on my phone, was able to book dining 5 p.m. all days in the Symphony.  Mentioning this for AZ, she is keeping a great list.

I have dining set for 3 cruises, Emerald Oct. New England, Spring 2025 Coral 23 days, FLL to Vancouver.  This is good for me because I miss the days of telling my TA, early dining and be done with it.

Edited by susancruzs

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Just made our DMW reservations for our 11 October 2025 cruise.

Royal Princess- 2025

as of 7-20-24 October 2025  reservations could be made

Concerto is traditional at 5 PM and 7:20 PM-As of 7/9/24 maybe full? DR not showing available 

Allegro is Reservable every 20 minutes( private & shared tables up to & including 6:20 pm) 6:30 pm & after private table only

Symphony is walk in

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, susancruzs said:

Just changed my Majestic 2026 Spring TA + Brit to a Regal Fall 2025 Brit + TA, 31 days. 

Decided to check app on my phone, was able to book dining 5 p.m. all days in the Symphony.  Mentioning this for AZ, she is keeping a great list.

I have dining set for 3 cruises, Emerald Oct. New England, Spring 2025 Coral 23 days, FLL to Vancouver.  This is good for me because I miss the days of telling my TA, early dining and be done with it.

Thanks.

Coral Princess- October 17, 2024 voyage as of 7/9/2024

Provence- Traditional at 5 pm - only shared  table availability 

Bordeaux- reservable,only shared table availability at 5pm,5:20pm,& 5:40pm

Coral Princess -2025

Provence-Traditional 5 pm ( private & shared table)& 7:30 pm( only private table)

Bordeaux- reservable 5 pm-8:40 pm every 20 minutes(early dining times you may share a table or have a private table and the later times private table only)  & Walk ins

DA Vinci walk-in

Regal Princess 2024 Or 2025

Symphony- Traditional 5 pm ( private or shared table) or  7:30pm( private table only)

Concerto- walk in

Edited by arizonaperson

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2024 at 4:26 PM, Thrak said:

Hi @Thrakyou should be able to get those reservations now. I’ve made them for my TA in July 2026 (and everything in between) on Saphire already. My CVP had someone from the DMW team call me when I wasn’t able to do it online.  I don’t remember if you use a TA or a CVP?  The eclipse cruise was hectic!  

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

@HaveDogWillTravel

could you share what ship and what dining room you were able to book for July 2026 on the Sapphire ? Thanks. Platinum or Elite? 

just trying to update my list on another thread. And if you wish to share information on private table ,shared ,or time, I have no information for 2026 on the Sapphire.

2 hours ago, doghog said:

Just made our DMW reservations for our 11 October 2025 cruise.

Nice! Hopefully our dining will become available soon as we have October and September cruises booked for 2025.

40 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Thanks.

Coral Princess- October 17, 2024 voyage as of 7/9/2024

Provence- Traditional at 5 pm - only shared  table availability 

Bordeaux- reservable,only shared table availability at 5pm,5:20pm,& 5:40pm

Coral Princess -2025

Provence-Traditional 5 pm ( private & shared table)& 7:30 pm( only private table)

Bordeaux- reservable 5 pm-8:40 pm every 20 minutes(early dining times you may share a table or have a private table and the later times private table only)  & Walk ins

DA Vinci walk-in

Regal Princess 2024 Or 2025

Concerto- walk in

DA Vinci walk-in

For some reason my App is showing both Michelangelo and Bottecelli as reservable every 20 minute time slots for our Jan 2026 Cruise. In fact we have Michelangelo reserved for 6:00pm every evening rather than Botticelli. Seems odd as your Dining schedule seems correct for 2024 & 2025.

@OceanoPair thanks for the information. I have nothing for 2026 for Emerald P., but I will update what you have. Have a feeling some of the 2026 slots just haven’t been updated. It’s quite a ways from now ,but time will tell if it stays the same.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Hi @Thrakyou should be able to get those reservations now. I’ve made them for my TA in July 2026 (and everything in between) on Saphire already. My CVP had someone from the DMW team call me when I wasn’t able to do it online.  I don’t remember if you use a TA or a CVP?  The eclipse cruise was hectic!  

I'll try again today. Maybe it will work. Eclipse Day was great. The only real "bad" day I had was the day of the Meet and Greet. I was in a world of hurt and pretty much out of it. Ah, well. If I'm going to be hurting I can do it at home or on a ship. Guess which one I would choose...😉

Edit:   @doghog  @HaveDogWillTravel Did you make them via the app or the online version?

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@OceanoPair thanks for the information. I have nothing for 2026 for Emerald P., but I will update what you have. Have a feeling some of the 2026 slots just haven’t been updated. It’s quite a ways from now ,but time will tell if it stays the same.

It is a long ways from now. We'll watch and see if our reservation changes at any point. We'll let you know on one of the two threads if they are still active that far out.