Kettles in cabins

Hi all hubby and I are traveling on Friday on Anthem of the seas, to the Fjords. I'm trying to find out if you can make hot drinks in the cabins? Is there a kettle provided or is that too much to ask?

Regards Fiona & John

Just now, fionat said:

Hi all hubby and I are traveling on Friday on Anthem of the seas, to the Fjords. I'm trying to find out if you can make hot drinks in the cabins? Is there a kettle provided or is that too much to ask?

Regards Fiona & John

They are provided in cabins for cruises from the UK

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fionat said:

@little britain can probably confirm.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

I’m not sure about RCI but I have the same questions for a Caribbean cruise I’m taking next year.

Unless in a suite, you are very unlikely to have a kettle in your cabin.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

I’m not sure about RCI but I have the same questions for a Caribbean cruise I’m taking next year.

32 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Unless in a suite, you are very unlikely to have a kettle in your cabin.

I've also had kettles in a balcony cabin on my Alaska cruises, for what it's worth. But no, I've never seen them in non-suites on warm weather itineraries. 

Just to show how 'on the ball' they are prior to our recent Transatlantic on Anthem I emailed RCI to ask if there would be a kettle in our cabin & they confirmed that there are no kettles in the cabins on Quantum Of The Seas,it was a great help!😆😆

• Haha 1

@fionat

You don’t have to ask as there are kettles in all cabins on Anthem ( and ex UK 🇬🇧 sailings)

The teabags are Tetleys.  

They don’t do sachets of coffee in the normal cabins - they have some pod coffee maker in JS and up ( I don’t drink coffee so have never taken any notice)! 

You can get a carton of skimmed milk from the WJ to keep in your fridge. 

I am onboard now. 

22 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

We always stay in a suite, and never have a problem getting one in the Caribbean.  We always ask, and tip, when we do so.  I suspect that strategy will work more often than not even if you are not in a suite.

Also throw in your really bad British English accent... Like "Govner, I'm heading to the loo, but for a few quid could I get a kettle, so that I can enjoy a cuppa tea."  

Might not work, but you never know until you try.

Quantum had kettles in Alaska recently.

4 hours ago, little britain said:

@fionat

You don’t have to ask as there are kettles in all cabins on Anthem ( and ex UK 🇬🇧 sailings)

The teabags are Tetleys.  

They don’t do sachets of coffee in the normal cabins - they have some pod coffee maker in JS and up ( I don’t drink coffee so have never taken any notice)! 

I am onboard now. 

Ours was a 'normal' cabin,at my Wife's request the cabin steward was happy to supply as many sachets of coffee you could wish for!

When y'all say "All UK sailings" do you think that would be a sailing where the previous one was from Barcelona, and it's a transatlantic?  It would be great to have a kettle in our room, but I would be so surprised.  We are leaving from Southampton though.  Brilliance of the Seas August 30, 2025.

1 hour ago, celoplyr said:

When y'all say "All UK sailings" do you think that would be a sailing where the previous one was from Barcelona, and it's a transatlantic?  It would be great to have a kettle in our room, but I would be so surprised.  We are leaving from Southampton though.  Brilliance of the Seas August 30, 2025.

A bit less likely, but you could ask for one. 

Hello,

Along with my kettle and Lavazza coffee machine, I’ve got sachets from the Copper Cow company of (mixed) condensed milk and sugar. I won’t be trying it but someone to whom I gifted a sample said it would be OK in coffee but disgusting in tea. Other than what I brought with me, I’ve no ‘plain’ milk.

Regards,

Cublet

On 6/18/2024 at 4:15 PM, little britain said:

@fionat

The teabags are Tetleys.  

I am onboard now. 

Hello,

I’ll check after dinner but my teabags are certainly not Tetley’s. One described itself as “Modern” Earl Grey whatever that means. 

Regards,

Cublet

14 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I’ll check after dinner but my teabags are certainly not Tetley’s. One described itself as “Modern” Earl Grey whatever that means. 

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

So my English Breakfast Tea comes from Bigelow of Fairfield in the US and my Modern Earl Grey comes from (wait for this) Starbucks!!

Regards,

Cublet

47 minutes ago, little britain said:

Definitely Tetleys chez nous! 

IMG_4159.jpeg

@cublet
And haven’t seen any flipping Half and Half at all!! But Skimmed available everywhere

Hello.

I haven’t looked this time but have seen Half & Half in a jug at breakfast in the past - I bring Lakeland Milk Stix with me. I’ll look tomorrow.

Regards,

Cublet