The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday June 19th, 2024

Elizabeth, Debbie said it right I think. Hugs from here too. 

Having lived in Ruidoso you know how much this hurts!  

Lenda, Mayhill shouldn’t have any direct fire impacts from these 2 fires, your friends should be safe there. The fire won’t be heading that way, the fuel doesn’t go that way but smoke could impact a broader range.  Evacuees might go to Mayhill as well as Roswell, Las Cruces and other places so the RV park might get busy!  Let us know if you hear from them. 

Family arrived safely, 11 hr drive!  Should be cooler tomorrow. m—

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

We finally have rain, just about four ormfive hours later than pRedicted.  Right now, it is a slow gentle rain, and hopefully, most of it will soak into the ground.

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Relieved today is coming to an end; it's always a tough day as it's the anniversary (seems an awkward word to use) of the day my younger brother killed himself 💔 Supposedly time heals all wounds, but this wound remains raw. When does it get easier? Maybe by year 10, but year 6 isn't it😪

Brother the Older had chicken fried steak for lunch in honor of Brother the Younger and I drank fresh lemonade. Traditions and rituals can be odd, quirky things, but if they bring us peace they're exactly the right thing.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers - it's been a tough day.

Elizabeth, losing a loved one, no matter how, never stops hurting, we just learn better ways to deal with the loss.  Hugs.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Baby furbabies did well at the vets.  They were seen by the vet PA.  They were weighed, all were over 2 pounds, they got their vaccines and  their flea meds (kitten variety) and they go back in 3 weeks.  When we got home I put all the big boys in the back and closed the doors to the den, kitchen and laundry room.  I took out one kitten at a time, put the flea meds on them and set them free. And off they went to play in Tiggers tube toy.   The PA did discover that Ollie had a hernia. Near the belly button.  Said it may play a roll in his health, but was not more forthcoming than that. Odd because Collard Greens has a hernia too.  Now I really wonder who his daddy is.

But then DH opened the door, he cant remember why, and I turned around and saw Furnando standing in the kitchen just watching 4 furbabies running around.  He was dumbfounded. And i put him back out, but then I noticed Tigger, the fiercest of the indoorians, chasing after the kittens.  What he didnt expect was that three of them turned on him, and chased him behind the wood burning stove.  He tried to get out on the other side, and Turnip had other ideas.  He got up on his hind legs and pounced on Tigger, in a forward leap with all his claws out on the front paws, and Tigger didnt know what to do. IT took two of us, to pick him up and get him out, but I really dont think he would have hurt them.  Its just that they now all had flea meds, the porch was swept and flea spray put down, and I vacuumed that up..  Nice clean room, all the bedding has been washed, the outside of the porch sprayed down too.  And where are they all sleeping ? On the floor, not on the nice soft blankets. Ahh, Kittens.  We have decided that as of tomorrow, the porch will be reopened for all, and the kittens can come into the house, full time. I am tired of air conditioning the outside world.

Tonight might be my last good nights sleep for a long time, and I dont sleep well anyway.

Annie, I'm glad the kittens are foing well.  Good luck with sleep, and cat herding.

52 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Elizabeth, Debbie said it right I think. Hugs from here too. 

Having lived in Ruidoso you know how much this hurts!  

Lenda, Mayhill shouldn’t have any direct fire impacts from these 2 fires, your friends should be safe there. The fire won’t be heading that way, the fuel doesn’t go that way but smoke could impact a broader range.  Evacuees might go to Mayhill as well as Roswell, Las Cruces and other places so the RV park might get busy!  Let us know if you hear from them. 

Family arrived safely, 11 hr drive!  Should be cooler tomorrow. m—

Maureen, thanks for the information.  It's good to know our friends aren't in any danger.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good evening!  I absolutely love spanakopita!  I fell in love with it when all my girlfriends were having babies and baby showers. One friend made the triangle type as appetizers for the baby shower—yum!  I used to make it a lot but haven’t lately. Last time we went to Greece I tried it but it wasn’t as good as I remembered. I think it was just the version I tried. Probably just like we have different versions of a recipe. 

Happy Birthday to @SusieKIslandGirl’s DH!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, I hope your tummy feels better soon. 

Today we went for pedicures and I had Summer come along. They were super busy but we still went out for lunch. It’s so hot running around in this heat. But I just love my new car and it’s so much easier getting DM’s walker in and out of the hatch. Automatic open and close—wow. But even better is starting the car remotely so it’s somewhat cool when we get inside. 

Have a good evening!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Relieved today is coming to an end; it's always a tough day as it's the anniversary (seems an awkward word to use) of the day my younger brother killed himself 💔 Supposedly time heals all wounds, but this wound remains raw. When does it get easier? Maybe by year 10, but year 6 isn't it😪

Brother the Older had chicken fried steak for lunch in honor of Brother the Younger and I drank fresh lemonade. Traditions and rituals can be odd, quirky things, but if they bring us peace they're exactly the right thing.

Oh Elizabeth!  My heart is with you. Back in 2016 when I decided to change jobs I worked next to a Mom of 5 boys, one of whom had recently died from suicide. Wow, it was so difficult to express my feelings to her but realized just being there for her was the best thing. Then I met Melissa D’Arabian who had lost her mother to suicide. If you can please read her book, Tasting Grace. She delves into her feelings about her mother and suicide. And this turned out to be in Tucson, quite a connection. She was/is a spokesperson for a National Board for Suicide Prevention. I can’t remember the exact name. Hugs to you. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I'm so sad to hear how your dear brother passed and how it has affected you.

Sending you our love.

Graham & Pauline xx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Aww 💔. Hugs to you.  I don’t know if it gets easier ever.  I think you just slowly get used to the loss but the grief remains.  Such a sad way to lose someone 😞 

@ger_77 Gerry, hoping things went well for your DH 🤞 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Elizabeth, losing anyone you love is never easy. But there are so many other emotions that torture you when that someone takes his own life. Quite often guilt is one of those emotions - why didn’t I see this coming?

I pray you find peace & comfort in those traditions. 

Ann

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2