Holland American partners with Lindt

While in Switzerland, we stopped by the Lindt factory in Zurich. I prefer the European chocolate over the American chocolate. Sort of like Cadbury  - UK version v USA taste/texture/sweetness.    I gave up with Lindt when they eliminated dark chocolate coating over the mint and raspberry fillings.  Not a fan of milk chocolate.     I still remember the HAL chocolate  midnight buffet.                                                                  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, WriterOnDeck said:

I've had one every night so far on this Ultimate Alaska Legendary Cruise -- perhaps a differentiator for the "legendary."

I think it might be related to legendary cruise. We had chocolates every night on the Legendary Hawaii/Tahiti. Have you had lobster at the lido yet?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I think it might be related to legendary cruise. We had chocolates every night on the Legendary Hawaii/Tahiti. Have you had lobster at the lido yet?

I have had lobster in the lido on other cruises.  HAL has decided to offer in the lido whatever is available in the MDR with very few exceptions.  We have found some delicious options on the lido which were not available in the MDR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I have had lobster in the lido on other cruises.  HAL has decided to offer in the lido whatever is available in the MDR with very few exceptions.  We have found some delicious options on the lido which were not available in the MDR

Thanks Mary, as you know I'm doing a very close BTB next year. 22 days on Oosterdam (not a legendary cruise) followed 2 weeks later on the Koningsdam for 35 nights (a legendary cruise).

That's why I"m interested in the differences between legendary and non-legendary.  🙂 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thanks Mary, as you know I'm doing a very close BTB next year. 22 days on Oosterdam (not a legendary cruise) followed 2 weeks later on the Koningsdam for 35 nights (a legendary cruise).

That's why I"m interested in the differences between legendary and non-legendary.  🙂 

The Oosterdam to Antartica will be as close to a legendary as an under 30 day cruise can be. Remind me I am doing the 24 day (non legendary) to Iceland next month.  I can report back if reminded 

Edited by Mary229
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2024 at 11:29 AM, ger_77 said:

Lindt truffles once per cruise . . . oh my.

Probably not just once per cruise.  Isn't this what used to occur, pre-pandemic? 

"As night falls on Gala Night, guests can retreat to the comfort of their cabin and be greeted by the "Sweet Dreams" turndown service, featuring the irresistibly smooth Lindt LINDOR milk chocolate truffles or Sea Salt milk chocolate truffles once per cruise."

20 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Probably not just once per cruise.  Isn't this what used to occur, pre-pandemic? 

"As night falls on Gala Night, guests can retreat to the comfort of their cabin and be greeted by the "Sweet Dreams" turndown service, featuring the irresistibly smooth Lindt LINDOR milk chocolate truffles or Sea Salt milk chocolate truffles once per cruise."

Pre-pandemic we got chocolates on our bed or pillow every night, not just Gala nights.  

• Like 1

Sure Lindt truffles are great...but agree that a chocolate maker from Holland would have been more fitting for the Holland America Line.  

As for the Swiss Navy....it's a Lake Flotilla that is part of the Swiss Army.  

• Like 1