6/20/24: Double Cruise Credits for Captain's Circle Guests with Princess Cruises' New Loyalty Accelerator Program

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, gsmith2424 said:

On the last one I was one the top person was at 3500 days and 2/3 were both at around 1200 days.

33 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

On our recent TA in Nov/Dec we did not make the MTG luncheon with 800 sea days.  The cut-off was 885 days.

Wow…and if the double credits & days for purchasing packages becomes their standard the number of days to be invited will continue to increase. Although for me enjoyable days onboard are much more important than being invited to another MTG event…only 1 of my 6 was a lunch.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

It was time for a new tier about 10 years ago!  Let's see what the future holds!

Well it wouldn't be the first time that Princess moved the goalpost after promoting something.  In this case they may entice a lot of people to buy the package to earn certain benefits and those folks will be really ticked if they take them away by changing the CC criteria.  I sure hope Princess realizes this.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

This is interesting.  We have two qualifying 7 day cruises coming up, 1 in August and 1 in September.  These will be our second and third cruise with Princess.  If my princess math is correct these will be counted twice and we will be getting on the August cruise as Ruby and getting off the September cruise as Platinum?

Edited by NWA395
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, SeaTheWorldOnPrincess said:

My wife and I have been loyal Princess cruisers for the past 25+ years with 25 cruise & 150+ days at sea. We feel that since Padgett took over Princess he seems to have focused his energy on turning Princess into a family/party cruise line like Royal Caribbean with big new mega ships and a big push to buy drink packages.

Our 28 day voyage down the Amazon on the Volendam (Holland America) felt like a Princess cruise of old from the pre-Padgett era.  

After our Princess cruise to Greenland in August we feel it may be time to look at booking voyages on Holland America and expedition lines like Hurtigruten. 

We only sail in Royal class if it is an itinerary we really want and have no real urge to sail the sphere class. We stick to Grand class ships 90% of the time. Have no use for water slides and go carts. But we do love the savings the plus package gives us

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, dog said:

50% off wifi for elite & platinum.

With a package they don’t need to discount it.

If they gave package discounts instead, that could make a package cost-effective for my style of cruising at the elite level.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

You are correct and I was incorrect.  I just read the promotion from their web site (below), that was not clear in the press release.

ANY guest who purchases Princess Plus or Princess Premier package at least two days prior to sailing and who sails during the sailing time period (August 1 – December 1, 2024) qualifies and will have their cruise and # of days cruised count double towards their Captain’s Circle level achievement.

So, our 32-day cruise on the Coral in October will count as 64-days.  Not that we need the credits!  🤣

Does this mean if we are on a 21-day B2B cruise (booked as one cruise) in a vista suite on the Sky and disembark on Aug 3, we should get 42 cruise days/8 cruise points, or does the embarkation day have to be after Aug 1? 🤔

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Does this mean if we are on a 21-day B2B cruise in a vista suite on the Sky and disembark on Aug 3, we should get 42 cruise days/8 cruise points, or does the embarkation day have to be after Aug 1? 🤔

Fairly certain that the embarkation date would have to be on or after August 1 based on the language below but that's just my interpretation.

To be eligible, guest must book on, or upgrade to, Princess Plus or Princess Premier package no later than 2 days prior to embarkation on a Princess Cruise departing between 8/1/2024 and 12/1/2024.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Does this mean if we are on a 21-day B2B cruise (booked as one cruise) in a vista suite on the Sky and disembark on Aug 3, we should get 42 cruise days/8 cruise points, or does the embarkation day have to be after Aug 1? 🤔

Good question???  But, I tend to agree with @azbirdmom that you might be out of luck.  The below is from the FAQ's on the promotion:

We value your loyalty and thank you for being a loyal Princess Guest.  While you are already at the highest level of Captain’s Circle, your cruise credits continue to be tallied (and celebrated such as being recognized as the most traveled guest at the Captain’s Circle party onboard).  All guests, including Elite-level guests, who meet the promotional criteria will have their cruise credits doubled. 

Note that an email will be sent in mid-July to guests who already purchased Princess Plus or Princess Premier and who are sailing between August 1, 2024 and December 1, 2024 to advise that they are automatically included in this offer.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Fairly certain that the embarkation date would have to be on or after August 1 based on the language below but that's just my interpretation.

To be eligible, guest must book on, or upgrade to, Princess Plus or Princess Premier package no later than 2 days prior to embarkation on a Princess Cruise departing between 8/1/2024 and 12/1/2024.

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

Good question???  But, I tend to agree with @azbirdmom that you might be out of luck.  The below is from the FAQ's on the promotion:

We value your loyalty and thank you for being a loyal Princess Guest.  While you are already at the highest level of Captain’s Circle, your cruise credits continue to be tallied (and celebrated such as being recognized as the most traveled guest at the Captain’s Circle party onboard).  All guests, including Elite-level guests, who meet the promotional criteria will have their cruise credits doubled. 

Note that an email will be sent in mid-July to guests who already purchased Princess Plus or Princess Premier and who are sailing between August 1, 2024 and December 1, 2024 to advise that they are automatically included in this offer.

I figured that would probably be the case. But I had to ask, even though we just made Elite and wouldn't matter. However, it would have made a difference for our family members that will be cruising with us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

If they gave package discounts instead, that could make a package cost-effective for my style of cruising at the elite level.

Yes!  And a credit to forego the elite minibar. In other words, don’t penalize Elites who purchase the packages.   

• Like 11

We are embarking the Majestic, for 51-days, on December 1st.  The way I read this we would qualify for the promotion and have our numbers doubled to 6 credits and 102 days.  You guys agree?  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ebeluga said:

I guess they really want to push those packages. Next thing they will do is to eliminate more Elite benefits as people are accelerated into the tier!

Yep.  Whenever Princess tells me they are giving me a benefit, I hang onto my wallet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

I hope the IT department can handle this Captain's Circle earnings promotion.  Given Princess' IT track record, I'm not particularly hopeful.  Is there a way to correct Captain's Circle earnings landside or is it only the Loyalty Manager, who is also now the FC manager, that can do this on board?  The call center in the Philippines will be clueless regarding this.

• Like 2

Can someone pls math-assist? (already Platinum, but closing in on Elite). I was planning to purchase Plus onboard with OBC in Nov, but may buy ahead with this new twist...

Booked on Ruby:

7 nights in full suite = 14 credits 

Add Plus prior = 28 credits? (pp)

Correct?  Not correct?

4 minutes ago, julia said:

Can someone pls math-assist? (already Platinum, but closing in on Elite). I was planning to purchase Plus onboard with OBC in Nov, but may buy ahead with this new twist...

Booked on Ruby:

7 nights in full suite = 14 credits 

Add Plus prior = 28 credits? (pp)

Correct?  Not correct?

Not correct.  7 nights in a suite = 2 credits, 14 days

New promotion = 4 credits, 28 days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IMHO Princess is not doing this because they value their clients.  These packages are clearly moneymakers for the cruise line.  And what is the big incentive to getting to an elite level?  Oh yeah, free laundry so Princess can shrink my clothes.  Or a mini-bar set-up which probably costs the cruise line at most $20 because of their bulk buying capability.  I got to elite the hard way doing 25+ cruises with 275 sea days.  I appreciate the mini-bar setup but that's about the only elite benefit I use except maybe for priority tender disembarkation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, memoak said:

It would take a lot for a new cruiser to get up to the 500 days or usually needed to qualify for most traveled lunches

Unless they do 1 way Vancouver/Whittier. You can usually get those with less than 400.

Most cruises these days the cutoff is over 600.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are embarking the Majestic, for 51-days, on December 1st.  The way I read this we would qualify for the promotion and have our numbers doubled to 6 credits and 102 days.  You guys agree?  🤷‍♂️

It sure sounds like it but it depends on what Princess means by the word "between" in the text below.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It sure sounds like it but it depends on what Princess means by the word "between" in the text below.

We'll see how it pans out.  Like I previously commented, it does not affect our status unless they roll out a new much higher tier. 

For years now, we have thought that they should have a 1,000+ sea days tier.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

6 credits for sailing solo in a suite for 3 days?

I thought suite and/or solo already received double?  At least that’s how it was a few years ago during my last Princess cruise.  It’s how I made Platinum so fast.

Anyway, if that’s still the case and they honor all current Captain Circle policies, does that mean a solo or suite would get 9 or maybe even 12 credits?

3 minutes ago, Mikeyto said:

I thought suite and/or solo already received double?  At least that’s how it was a few years ago during my last Princess cruise.  It’s how I made Platinum so fast.

Anyway, if that’s still the case and they honor all current Captain Circle policies, does that mean a solo or suite would get 9 or maybe even 12 credits?

Isn’t it 1 credit for the cruise +1 credit for solo +1 credit for suite = 3 credits under ordinary circumstances, now x2 for Accelerator Program = 6 credits total?

• Like 3

Just got off an Hour chat and they say the double credits only count for the cruise portion of any trip.  So don't get too excited if you're going on a CruiseTour.

So disappointed!!!

Looks like Princess is looking for or needing a cash injection and have chose to market the plus/premier package as the injection method.  Using OBC's to purchase a package onboard nets no money for Princess but convincing people to pay an additional $840.00 on average for a 7 day cruise($120.00 x 7) adds up quickly and literally cost Princess zero dollars to implement.

• Like 2