Welcome Aboard Offer for new to Crystal with bonus offer of free laundry

Stickman1990

I don’t recall seeing anything on this offer before aside from a welcome discount but Crystal are now sweetening the pot for those new to Crystal especially those coming across from other loyalty programmes by offering some free laundry to those with 30 plus days recognition on a loyalty programme 

Theres no mention of just which other loyalty programmes qualify 

Like many other companies do with such programmes it seems the existing loyal customers miss out on the offer 

WELCOME ABOARD LOYALTY OFFER

We are so sure you will love sailing with us that we’re inviting you to experience what makes Crystal exceptional with our Welcome Aboard Loyalty Offer for one sensational voyage. We're confident you’ll be back, and, when you return, you will join the Crystal Society and begin ascending the tiers.

For this one-time opportunity, book your first ever Crystal cruise to unlock savings. All you have to do is provide proof of your existing membership of a loyalty program on selected cruise lines and total number of sailing days and nights completed. For up to 29 days you’ll receive a 5% saving, and for 30-plus days you'll receive a 5% saving and free laundry.*

Our award-winning cruises feature more than 150 departures to 281 destinations in 112 countries. You'll discover just how our journeys surpass anything you’ve experienced before on other luxury lines.

This very special invitation is exclusive to first-time guests for one voyage only, so book now to explore the world in style with Crystal.

Terms and Conditions 

*Crystal Welcome Aboard Loyalty Offer (the “Offer”): The Offer is available for “new to Crystal” guests making their first booking with Crystal and who can provide proof of existing loyalty membership including total lifetime sailed days/nights (the “Days/Nights”) from another cruise company. Once approved, guests with up to 29 Days/Nights will receive savings of 5%, and guests with 30 or more Days/Nights will receive 5% savings along with one (1) bag of complimentary laundry every 10 cruise days, 2nd day service; pressing and dry cleaning not included.

Guests looking to take advantage of this Offer must be at least 18 years of age and older and must submit their proof of membership and total Days/Nights to loyaltyoffer@crystalcruises.com. Requests will be reviewed prior to final payment. The Offer is not combinable with Crystal Society Program points or Crystal Society savings. Limit one (1) Offer per guest using Days/Nights from one (1) cruise company; Days/Nights from multiple cruise lines cannot be combined.

The Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Crystal reserves the right at its discretion to approve or deny any Offer request. Not available for reduced-fare bookings. Cancel/rebooks are not eligible. The Offer only applies to the guest’s first Crystal booking. Combinable with select promotions. Other restrictions may apply. Crystal reserves the right to correct errors. Crystal’s standard booking terms and conditions apply.

https://crystalcruises.com/offer/au-welcome-aboard-loyalty-offer

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

"Like many other companies do with such programmes it seems the existing loyal customers miss out on the offer".  

I have likely used the 'quote' feature incorrectly as I do not often use this format.  Apologies.  Just wanted to comment that I have never understood why companies issue promotions like this.  It makes no sense whatsoever to alienate the most loyal customer and offer the benefits to 'new' customers.  It will leave a sour taste for many.

Edited by goldengatecruisers
  • Like 2

We got free laundry with the suite upgrade offer and it was wonderful. I'm not sure I've ever seen my socks folded before. Call your TA to see if they will apply these benefits. We got the suite upgrade and the free laundry applied after we had already booked.

• Like 1

Would be great if they copied Regent model where everybody gets free laundry including pressing...24 hour turnaround. Leave it in bag on your bed before nightly turndown..back before dinner next day.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, edgee said:

Would be great if they copied Regent model where everybody gets free laundry 

or even the Silversea model where 100 nights gets you free laundry

I remember having dinner on the 2015 WC with two other couples and for whatever reason the discussion turned to laundry and the gent was complaining about it saying Regent included it but Crystal didn't.  Knowing that he enjoyed lectures as we did I said how did you find the lecture program on Crystal compared to Regent. He said far superior on Crystal.  I said there is a cost of doing most things. In Crystal's case this meant dedicating rooms to lecturers that could be used for revenue generating guests (yes I know not all cruises were full but on the 2015 WC it was full for most segments) and said which one do you want more lectures or included laundry.

I learned in business that often the customer cherry picks. I get it but the reality is each line does some things the other one does not do.

I did read on another site the CEO chimed in about the laundry when people asked why they could not include this for everyone.  She said it was not possible.  She also noted it was for one cruise.

Having visited the laundry area on tours done for the World Cruisers I am amazed they can even keep up with the basics including linens, towels, etc for all of the rooms/suites and those who pay to have items done.

I've not sailed Regent. I have sailed other luxury lines and on many other ships. My own experience is that the self service laundry rooms on Crystal are significantly larger than on the other ships we have sailed and with less guest capacity now it makes it easier to find open washers and dryers.

For us even when laundry is included we don't send it out. We prefer to do it ourself knowing how we prefer to wash it including what gets dried and what doesn't and when it needs to come out.  I also think back to people who we've become friends with on that chance encounter(s) of meeting them in the laundry room.

It's interesting that both new Crystal and old Crystal chose not to include laundry as part of the Crystal Society Benefits Program so they have to have thought this through.

I wonder how many people end up seeking compensation when their laundry doesn't come back the way they thought it would and something changes color or shrinks permanently.

I am just happy new Crystal is back and that there are these terrific self service laundry rooms on board.

Keith

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I remember having dinner on the 2015 WC with two other couples and for whatever reason the discussion turned to laundry and the gent was complaining about it saying Regent included it but Crystal didn't.  Knowing that he enjoyed lectures as we did I said how did you find the lecture program on Crystal compared to Regent. He said far superior on Crystal.  I said there is a cost of doing most things. In Crystal's case this meant dedicating rooms to lecturers that could be used for revenue generating guests (yes I know not all cruises were full but on the 2015 WC it was full for most segments) and said which one do you want more lectures or included laundry.

I learned in business that often the customer cherry picks. I get it but the reality is each line does some things the other one does not do.

I did read on another site the CEO chimed in about the laundry when people asked why they could not include this for everyone.  She said it was not possible.  She also noted it was for one cruise.

Having visited the laundry area on tours done for the World Cruisers I am amazed they can even keep up with the basics including linens, towels, etc for all of the rooms/suites and those who pay to have items done.

I've not sailed Regent. I have sailed other luxury lines and on many other ships. My own experience is that the self service laundry rooms on Crystal are significantly larger than on the other ships we have sailed and with less guest capacity now it makes it easier to find open washers and dryers.

For us even when laundry is included we don't send it out. We prefer to do it ourself knowing how we prefer to wash it including what gets dried and what doesn't and when it needs to come out.  I also think back to people who we've become friends with on that chance encounter(s) of meeting them in the laundry room.

It's interesting that both new Crystal and old Crystal chose not to include laundry as part of the Crystal Society Benefits Program so they have to have thought this through.

I wonder how many people end up seeking compensation when their laundry doesn't come back the way they thought it would and something changes color or shrinks permanently.

I am just happy new Crystal is back and that there are these terrific self service laundry rooms on board.

Keith

As many have said, it is good to have choice. Regent offers choice with nice self serve laundry facilities on every deck as well as included great/quick turnaround laundry service. Regent offers more choices in that than one aspect than Crystal. Check one in the comparison box where Regent is better. Period.

Now if you want to talk about enrichment, entertainment, customer focused attention, excursion opportunities, dedication of staff, could go on and on...we know where those boxes are checked.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, edgee said:

As many have said, it is good to have choice. Regent offers choice with nice self serve laundry facilities on every deck as well as included great/quick turnaround laundry service. Regent offers more choices in that than one aspect than Crystal. Check one in the comparison box where Regent is better. Period.

Now if you want to talk about enrichment, entertainment, customer focused attention, excursion opportunities, dedication of staff, could go on and on...we know where those boxes are checked.

I have always said choice is good.

You have two choices.

Use the self service laundry.

Have Crystal do your wash.

But that does not mean you get it free when you have Crystal wash it fro you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I have always said choice is good.

You have two choices.

Use the self service laundry.

Have Crystal do your wash.

But that does not mean you get it free when you have Crystal wash it fro you?

But on Regent you do get it free...so Regent gets the point on that one comparatively small issue. Geesh...some other cruise lines do a FEW things better than Crystal... but on the whole Crystal wins by a good margin IMHO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, edgee said:

But on Regent you do get it free...so Regent gets the point on that one comparatively small issue. Geesh...some other cruise lines do a FEW things better than Crystal...

You’re right - but some will never admit it 

I don’t agree that it’s not possible to provide free laundry if Crystal wanted to - the ships laundry’s (as well as the guests laundry’s) were designed to cater for much higher passenger numbers - so if they wanted to increase the capacity of provided laundry services and crew to support the activity I’m sure they could (it may not be for all but maybe a certain level of Crystal Society membership for example)

I’ve never met anyone, with one notable exception, who had the opportunity to utilise free laundry who didn’t take it up and enjoy the service

It’s simply a business decision as to what’s included along with the associated costs 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

You’re right - but some will never admit it 

I don’t agree that it’s not possible to provide free laundry if Crystal wanted to - the ships laundry’s (as well as the guests laundry’s) were designed to cater for much higher passenger numbers - so if they wanted to increase the capacity of provided laundry services and crew to support the activity I’m sure they could (it may not be for all but maybe a certain level of Crystal Society membership for example)

I’ve never met anyone, with one notable exception, who had the opportunity to utilise free laundry who didn’t take it up and enjoy the service

It’s simply a business decision as to what’s included along with the associated costs 

YAWN!!!!!!

Let's look closely and see just how many angels can dance on the head of this pin!!!

Let's get real here! If one can afford Crystal/Regent/Seabourn/Silversea, why are we arguing about "free" laundry?? If ever there was a "who cares" topic, this is it!!!

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

YAWN!!!!!!

Let's look closely and see just how many angels can dance on the head of this pin!!!

Let's get real here! If one can afford Crystal/Regent/Seabourn/Silversea, why are we arguing about "free" laundry?? If ever there was a "who cares" topic, this is it!!!

Some folks do care. Significantly adds to the luxury experience. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, edgee said:

But on Regent you do get it free...so Regent gets the point on that one comparatively small issue. Geesh...some other cruise lines do a FEW things better than Crystal... but on the whole Crystal wins by a good margin IMHO.

Now I understand your point about choice; choice of cruise lines. I thought you were talking about choice of laundry.  If I got it the first time I would not have responded.  Thank you for the explanation.  

Yes if laundry is important to you it wins.  

Just as  if included excursions are important to you those who provide it wins.

However, nothing is free.  All amenities provided are included in the cruise fare.

Keith

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

However, nothing is free.  All amenities provided are included in the cruise fare.

Keith

Yes, Keith, I believe that's a case of pay me now or pay me later!😁

Patty

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Roland4 said:

YAWN!!!!!!

I respectfully disagree.  Remember what happened to the specialty restaurants after OC went AI?  Demand absolutely exploded.  And the only change was that Crystal dropped the (IIRC) $7pp suggested gratuity.  Even at the lux cruise lines price point, people can be mighty sensitive to additional charges, even if they're trivial.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

I respectfully disagree.  Remember what happened to the specialty restaurants after OC went AI?  Demand absolutely exploded.  And the only change was that Crystal dropped the (IIRC) $7pp suggested gratuity.  Even at the lux cruise lines price point, people can be mighty sensitive to additional charges, even if they're trivial.

Fair enough, I had forgotten about that, but it is very true. And it was as equally ridiculous then as this thread is now. To suggest that "free laundry service" improves "the luxury experience", as was suggested up-thread is bizarre. Having availed ourselves of the "free" laundry on Regent/Silversea/Seabourn over the last 18 months, I can honestly say that folded, freshly washed underwear and socks did not trigger "episodes of luxurious rapture". We just took them out of the bag, and put them away!

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

Fair enough, I had forgotten about that, but it is very true. And it was as equally ridiculous then as this thread is now. To suggest that "free laundry service" improves "the luxury experience", as was suggested up-thread is bizarre. Having availed ourselves of the "free" laundry on Regent/Silversea/Seabourn over the last 18 months, I can honestly say that folded, freshly washed underwear and socks did not trigger "episodes of luxurious rapture". We just took them out of the bag, and put them away!

I appreciate your perspective.  Interestingly, we're sort of starting at the same point and reaching different destinations.  Last year my spouse and I cruised on Regent with their included laundry.  She was sure she'd never use the service, I was the opposite.  Anyway, neither of us ever even searched out the self-serve laundry, and I took great delight in unwrapping the tissue paper from a pair of socks(and other things.)  Silly I know, but we all have these little things that put a smile on our faces while we cruise. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Roland4 said:

To suggest that "free laundry service" improves "the luxury experience", as was suggested up-thread is bizarre. Having availed ourselves of the "free" laundry on Regent/Silversea/Seabourn over the last 18 months, I can honestly say that folded, freshly washed underwear and socks did not trigger "episodes of luxurious rapture". We just took them out of the bag, and put them away!

I'm totally with Roland4 on this one. It's mind-boggling to me that people who book multiple luxe cruises years in advance, at tens (if not hundreds ) of thousands, will quibble over something as trivial as free laundry or $150 in OBC or whatever. Sometimes I think the whole deal here is just feeling pampered.

Edited by Cruise-y

I observed the same thing about people who started going to the specialty restaurants when the recommend fee per person of $7.00 went away.

Something different but analagous.

In some ports at the pier you see local people with tables set up trying to sell items.  Then you see some guests haggling with the vendors. They are trying to get an item reduced from $10.00 to $7.00.  I think to myself a Wonderful World. Well, no. I think to myself. Are you kidding? You can take this Crystal Cruise and you have to haggle with someone over $3.00. Someone who likely has very little money. Someone who won't be going on any cruise.  It's funny.  Often we would have no interest to purchase something but I enjoyed speaking with the locals and learning new things.  They would ask me if I wanted to buy something and I would how much is this item and after they gave me the price I would give them the money without taking the item. 

People are funny. And that applies to all of us in someway. Doesn't it? Yep.

Keith

• Like 5

18 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

This is the real challenge.  The ships were designed years ago, and whether it makes sense now or not, back then the “average” Crystal passenger limited their use of the full-service option because you had to pay by the piece.  I know a lot of people who would send out select pieces, but most of the people I know were like my parents and did 100% self-service.  As someone who sends out all of their laundry onboard, I was literally looked at by all my friends and family like I’d lost my mind, even at this fare price point.

Fast forward to today, and the laundry just doesn’t have the capacity to wash everyone’s clothes — it never did, not even close.  Other lines do, and that’s a big investment in square footage that Crystal uses for other things, and crew that Crystal uses for other services.  Those lines get the win for allocation on laundry, and Crystal gets the win on allocating those resources on other things, and whether that’s a win or fail depends on which you value.

Vince

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Those lines get the win for allocation on laundry, and Crystal gets the win on allocating those resources on other things, and whether that’s a win or fail depends on which you value.

I think while a couple of hundred bucks for laundry service during the course of a cruise is comparatively trivial, folks balk at the thought of paying a specified amount per laundry item such as $3 to have a pair of socks washed or $5 for a pair of gym shorts, etc. etc. On the other hand if, the cruise fare is $200 higher with included laundry service being a contributing factor, they gladly pay the fare and marvel at the "wonderful" inclusion. I guess same could be said about Crystal's wonderful entertainment and enrichment sessions...you are paying for them in the fare. On the other hand, if you do not appreciate or want that level/quality of entertainment you can go on another luxury cruise line and be satisfied with much lesser entertainment/enrichment quality or load up your kindle or visit the game room and entertain yourself.

Edited by edgee
typo
  • Like 1

Forget cruise fare, Crystal does not have the facilities to provide laundry service to everyone. For those of us who have taken the behind the scenes tours as part of full World Cruises I am amazed that they can get done what they do.  

I realize that some people don't want to do wash on their cruise. I get that.  Thankfully Crystal has terrific guest laundry rooms and larger than most (I didn't say all) but most cruise lines/ships.  I was surprised at some of the ones we experienced on other lines and in those cases we brought enough clothing as to not wash it. For those who don't want to do them their choice is send it out any pay or bring a sufficient amount of clothing. For the typical cruiser the latter is doable IMHO>

The one time we did send clothing out to be laundered  was on the one cruise line  we sailed many moons ago one time and we would ever sail again because if something could go wrong it did multiple time. On that line, we sent two shirts for my darling wife to have washed and laundered. Guess what? They came back with a different color from what we sent out.

End of story and end of shirts.

Keith

I recall laundry on the WC 2019 being very good. I have sent some items and I was delighted to see how nice they came back. 

Having said that I am happy to use the laundry rooms. Interesting discussing laundry preferences here. 😃

Ivi

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Forget cruise fare, Crystal does not have the facilities to provide laundry service to everyone. For those of us who have taken the behind the scenes tours as part of full World Cruises I am amazed that they can get done what they do.  

Maybe think a little more laterally - if what you claim regarding capacity is actually correct, then maybe they could run multiple shifts 24x7 to utilise what laundry capacity there is to handle one or more of those limited extensions to the laundry service

Not sure anyone’s really suggesting they need to offer everyone unlimited laundry

There are many variations on that theme eg limiting those who qualify based on say Crystal Society level, longer lead time for the return of laundry, limits on the quantity of laundry allowed per guest/suite

Will it mean I won’t cruise Crystal going forward? Of course not but it would enhance the offering in my mind

• Like 1