Quick question: What age are we ?

I'm having a difference of opinion with my partner.
When you book a cruise online (no TA) what age does one put down?
Current age, or "will be" age.  🤔
Thanks 

57 minutes ago, ChrysFox said:

I'm having a difference of opinion with my partner.
When you book a cruise online (no TA) what age does one put down?
Current age, or "will be" age.  🤔
Thanks 

Current age.

Thanks, people.  Looks like a couple of phone calls are in order.  🙄
Both upcoming cruises were booked as "will be" age.  He doesn't remember dob being one of the options.

I have never been asked for my age except for travel insurance quotes. Cruise ships usually ask DOB   Are you doing a quote or a checkin 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ChrysFox said:

Thanks, people.  Looks like a couple of phone calls are in order.  🙄
Both upcoming cruises were booked as "will be" age.  He doesn't remember dob being one of the options.

Every cruise we've ever booked has been DOB only - no other option.  It's part of your profile questions when entering a booking.  The cruise lines then determine your age at sailing.

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Every cruise we've ever booked has been DOB only - no other option.  It's part of your profile questions when entering a booking.  The cruise lines then determine your age at sailing.

Many of the online cruise agencies have a place where must one put their age, in years.  I have never seen it defined as whether it should be current age or your age at the time of the cruise.  Not sure it really matters unless there is some kind of senior rate or a special price/free for kids under a certain age.

Hank

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Many of the online cruise agencies have a place where must one put their age, in years.  I have never seen it defined as whether it should be current age or your age at the time of the cruise.  Not sure it really matters unless there is some kind of senior rate or a special price/free for kids under a certain age.

Hank

It generally is for age at sailing where certain age based activities come into play, such as on board drinking age, children's program levels, etc. 

I assume you are referring to on line travel agencies, whose booking processes may vary from cruise lines.  But when that data is entered with the cruise lines it would become DOB, as typically the cruise lines when booking directly provide for DOB as the data entry.  I was referring to booking directly through the cruise lines and live TA's I've worked with in the past.

Edited by leaveitallbehind