In Airlie Beach Today

Sparky74

4 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

We are currently on a land based trip and staying at Airlie Beach. This is the view from our balcony today, Sunday 30th June.
IMG_7755.thumb.jpeg.8b2d9972712c2dac5d729e83b576fd0c.jpegIMG_7754.thumb.jpeg.ee79925fa2e012057f48d41e8ca1e083.jpegI believe that it’s the Pacific Explorer  

You are correct. It what is likely to be her final call there.

• Like 3

Ship Ahoy!

An early glimpse of the Pacific Encounter for us before we board her in Brisbane on Saturday. 
This photo was taken from the balcony of the unit we're staying in at Airlie Beach this week. 
It’s not the clearest weather and it’s a bit windy; and it’s forecast to pick up as the day progresses. 
I’m not sure I’d like to be tendering ashore today. 
But then again we’re booked to take a boat ride to Hamilton Island today! 

7B4A65AE-D5DD-4CA5-A16A-9250F5C8F2D1.jpeg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Ship Ahoy!

An early glimpse of the Pacific Encounter for us before we board her in Brisbane on Saturday. 
This photo was taken from the balcony of the unit we're staying in at Airlie Beach this week. 
It’s not the clearest weather and it’s a bit windy; and it’s forecast to pick up as the day progresses. 
I’m not sure I’d like to be tendering ashore today. 
But then again we’re booked to take a boat ride to Hamilton Island today! 

7B4A65AE-D5DD-4CA5-A16A-9250F5C8F2D1.jpeg

The weather has been pretty ordinary for much of the east coast. As best I can tell, Adventure left Moreton Island early yesterday, and I can only presume it was too rough to tender. Hopefully we will see a break in the weather on Saturday.

• Like 1

I

12 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

One of our sons and his family will also be on the Pacific Encounter on Saturday for the three-night cruise.

That’s the cruise we’re on! 😁

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

The weather has been pretty ordinary for much of the east coast. As best I can tell, Adventure left Moreton Island early yesterday, and I can only presume it was too rough to tender. Hopefully we will see a break in the weather on Saturday.

It’s been pretty good up here in Airlie Beach. 
My elder sister had to go home early for work. 😔

They flew to Brisbane on Tuesday and reported it was cold, wet, and windy upon arrival. 
We've been here since last Friday and today would be our "worst weather" day but I’ve been out for my morning constitutional in T-shirt and shorts! 
I will, however, take my light jacket to Hamilton Island today.

I'm more than happy to accept this as mid-Winter weather!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

We made it to Hamilton Island. It was an VERY bumpy ride! Even though we both took a Kwells before leaving DW had to make a quick dash to the loo. 

Oh no! Hope she feels better soon!

I never find kwells works 

I am super sensitive to travel sickness. 

The only combination that works for me is the lowest dose phenergan (10mg) the night before and a Trava Calm Original at least an hour before the tenders, ferries etc.

Same with going on land tours up places like the Gillies Range in Cairns.

• Like 1