Deployment 2026-27 Booking Season Begins

19 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

You aint kidding! Was few years ago but when took my 3 Kids on couple Cruises on Royal in OV for 4 of us it was $1700-2000 on 2 different 7niters, at time on Disney was $4K+ Though compared to prices on newer Royal Ships today, nope! Wouldn't pay for either at those prices

We also have to consider the £3k or so flight costs for out family of 3 to get to / from Vancouver from the UK, so any savings are welcome! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, disneymadhouse said:

We also have to consider the £3k or so flight costs for out family of 3 to get to / from Vancouver from the UK, so any savings are welcome! 

We looked at disney for.the first time the other night. Watched a documentary on the building of disney wish.......hence to say after seeing the prices for a UK based cruise on a different disney ship or even with the cost of air fare from the uk to the states disney is way way way out of our price range. Same as Icon and Star at the monent. 

However, MSC World America is was within budget and enjoyed going on world europa. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We looked at disney for.the first time the other night. Watched a documentary on the building of disney wish.......hence to say after seeing the prices for a UK based cruise on a different disney ship or even with the cost of air fare from the uk to the states disney is way way way out of our price range. Same as Icon and Star at the monent. 

However, MSC World America is was within budget and enjoyed going on world europa. 

I was shocked when I checked Icon prices yesterday.  I was just doing my usual check all my cruises to see if they have dropped.  Not expecting anything on Icon but I check and track pricing on a spread sheet just for fun so I checked it as well. While it wasn't down to where it was when I booked the day itineraries first came out it had dropped substantially.  2 people in a OV balcony was about $4600.  I know that is still a little high but compared to where they have been for the last year that is a big drop...

A year ago it was bouncing around at $6000.  We're booked at $2750.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, disneymadhouse said:

Thankyou.

I'm a Disney cruiser but looking for a more cost effective alternative for Alaska! 

Hopefully with the addition of 4 new ships some of their prices come down to earth.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, amindu said:

Hopefully with the addition of 4 new ships some of their prices come down to earth.

I hope so - b/c as much as I love Royal - it may be time to look elsewhere

Just now, hollon said:

I hope so - b/c as much as I love Royal - it may be time to look elsewhere

Depending on your concerns, Disney may not be much better.  One of my biggest pet peeves with them is they dont offer a buffet at night, and make you sit through a 1.5 hour dinner.  With a 3 and 4 year old that is not possible. 

1 hour ago, disneymadhouse said:

Is it common for prices to drop? 

( Again I'm used to Disney where prices only go up!)

Not anymore but the odd one will.  It seemed a little more common precovid.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Price drops do happen (I've had a few this year) but I wouldn't count on them happening.

do you just randomly check every week or have a website or tool that does it for you?

4 hours ago, disneymadhouse said:

Is it common for prices to drop? 

( Again I'm used to Disney where prices only go up!)

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Common, no, but some do. 

Actually very often after final payment for many ships, depending on the sailing date, and except the biggest/newest/shiniest

• Like 1

21 hours ago, disneymadhouse said:

Any guesses or inside knowledge to which ships will be in Alaska for 2026 please? We are looking to do an inside passage round trip from Vancouver. 

Tia.

Have a read posts 186 to 197. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Waiting on Icon and Star prices for october 2026. Would be great if one is in Europe 2026 but highly unlikely.

Also not 100% sure about Caribbean weather in late October. 

I think Liberty has ruled out an Icon class coming to Europe for the foreseeable future. 

What is the expected delivery of Icon III?  Given the information below gathered from earlier in this thread could Icon III perhaps start in Europe Summer '26 before replacing Icon in Miami November '26?  I'm assuming they will shift Icon to Galveston once Icon III comes to Miami FL to replace her.

Icon – St Maarten St. Maarten May ‘26 through October ‘26
Star – St. Maarten May ‘26 through April ‘27
Icon 3 – St. Maarten November ‘26 through April ‘27

Aware of that thread but was curious if anyone would know off the top of their head without me digging through it all.  Guess I'll look to see.

Update, so yes a post from Oct '23 someone said 2.5 years until Icon III delivery which would put delivery at Apr '26 that would fit in nicely with it starting in Europe before a TA in Oct '26.

Edited by Southern Dan
update

1 hour ago, Southern Dan said:

Aware of that thread but was curious if anyone would know off the top of their head without me digging through it all.  Guess I'll look to see.

Update, so yes a post from Oct '23 someone said 2.5 years until Icon III delivery which would put delivery at Apr '26 that would fit in nicely with it starting in Europe before a TA in Oct '26.

Or they send her straight to the USA ‘cos we never get anything new in Europe!! Nice thought but I’m not holding my breath! 

32 minutes ago, little britain said:

Lol… in 2015… I guess asking for a new one every 11 years is being plain greedy! 

The last new one at Cape Liberty was Quantum in 2014.  

Baltimore gets the senior citizens (Vision class).