New Dining Reservations-ship by ship and Dining Room location

arizonaperson

1 hour ago, Glad Bailey said:

There is confusion on Sky at the moment.

I am not going until 2026,but as elite can book dining now.

Soleil is available for booking at 20 minute intervals,but not

able to book anything for other two dining rooms.

Have to wait until the contradictions are sorted out

This was my experience as well.  The only MDR available for booking for my 2026 cruise is Soleil and it is "Anytime Reservations" with times available throughout the evening and not just an early and a late.  So I grabbed a good time and will change if necessary later on.  I was also able to book Specialty Dining but I may have been charged for it, even though I checked the "Premier Included" box.  The last stage of the reservation process showed a fee and my credit card number.  I will have to check by statement to see if I was charged or not.  

New information added.

Some have stated that they have a guarantee room and they were able to book as of 7-1-2024 -their dining room reservation.  Also have seen posts that passengers don’t have their cruise paid in full & they were able to book dining. I have just compiled this list loosely from the posts under the dining threads of those that were able to book recently , so not set in stone on accuracy.

I would think reserve collection dining room will be where ever traditional is, but no need to make a reservation for those.

Hopefully , others can just add to this list to keep everybody informed.

The reservable a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.
Traditional dining seems to be 5 PM and 7:30 PM with a few variations.

Open seating AKA walk-in is just that. 

Caribbean Princess 

Island dining room is traditional 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Coral dining room is walk-in?
And Palm Is  reservable?

Coral Princess 

Provence-Traditional 5 pm ( shared table)& 7:30 pm( private table)

Bordeaux- reservable 5 pm-8:20 pm every 20 minutes  & walk ins

Crown Princess

Botticelli  is reservable

Michelangelo is traditional 5 pm & 7:

DA Vinci- walk in

Diamond Princess

Savoy and Vivaldi are reservable

International dining room is traditional at 5:20 PM and 7:50 pm

Pacific Moon and Santa Fe are walk-in 

Discovery Princess

Juneau- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm( someone else reported reserverable??)

Ketchikan- reservable

Skagway- walk in

Enchanted Princess

Amalfi dining room -reservable every 20 minutes from 5 pm-8:20pm

Santorini-Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm

Capri- walk in

Emerald Princess 

Michelangelo is traditional

DA Vinci walk-in

Botticelli is reservable

Grand Princess

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Botticelli is reservable

Island Princess-2024 & 2025

Provence- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm

Bordeaux- reservable,every 20 minutes  & walk ins

Island Princess-2026

Provence- reservable every 20 minutes 

Majestic Princess

Symphony -Traditional at 5pm & 7:30 pm

Regal Princess

Symphony- Traditional 5 pm ( private or shared table) or  7:30pm( private table only)

Allegro-reservable 5 pm - 8:40 pm,every 20 minutes 

Concerto- walk in

Royal Princess

Concerto is traditional at 5 PM and 7:20 PM

Allegro is Reservable every 20 minutes

Symphony is walk in

Ruby Princess

Botticelli- reservable,every 20 min .time slots- can get private table

Sapphire Princess 

Vivaldi & Savoy-reservable every 20 minutes 

Sky-2024 & 2025

Soleil-Traditional at 5:30 pm & 7:50 pm

Estrella- walk in

Cielo-reservable every 20 minutes 

Sky 2026 

Soleil- reservable,every 20 minute time slots

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, rideev said:

Majestic Princess. Symphony is the Traditional Dining.  5 and 7:30 are the options.  I was able to book for a July 2025 TA cruise.

Still can't book Royal for a Sept 28 cruise (traditional dining.)

I was also able to book Symphony on the Majestic for next July.  We chose 7:30 for all the nights.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

This is what Princess stated in their 6/18/24 email however how it’ll be applied is unknown…sometimes Princess lacks standardized fleetwide.

“Once updates are complete, you will be able to use the app ahead of your voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing you to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of your choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms”. 

This is an aspect of the new system that I'm curious about. In the past, I was always told that a table for two was a request rather than set in stone. Sometimes we got that request, sometimes not. I booked the two of us for a private table in TD for February. Do we suppose that private table is still just a request or do we suppose it's now locked in? Inquiring minds want to know.

17 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

This is an aspect of the new system that I'm curious about. In the past, I was always told that a table for two was a request rather than set in stone. Sometimes we got that request, sometimes not. I booked the two of us for a private table in TD for February. Do we suppose that private table is still just a request or do we suppose it's now locked in? Inquiring minds want to know.

I’d also like to know the answer & if it’s standardized fleetwide.

In my experience we have always had our requested table for 2. It might be like a cabin assignment which they have the right to change, same thing with airline seat reservations…neither are guaranteed but in my experience have never been changed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AZaTaz said:

On Enchanted the TD room seams to be set up as true traditional dining. If you select either the 5 or 7:30 time your whole cruise is populated with it and if you try to then book in Reservation room it says double booked and errors out. I had to cancel traditional then it let me book in Reservation room. 

This was not my experience on Enchanted.  I was able to book traditional day by day either 5 or 7:30 or a different dining room and time.

I’ve looked through this thread (and part of the other big thread) and I don’t see the answer.  We are taking our kids and grandkids on Enchanted next June.  We are a party of 10.  My husband and I are in a reserve cabin.   I was not able to book dining under our booking because of being reserve I think.  I was able to make reservations under our son’s family booking and add the others except for us.  Our bookings are linked and when making the reservations I tapped edit number of people and the other family members were visible with a check box to add.  We were not listed.  When I tried to add us via booking number it wouldn’t accept our number.  Short of contacting our PVP has anyone had success in adding people in a reserve cabin to a reservation?  

I realize we can go anytime to the reserve dining room but we want to eat with our family.  The reason for the reserve cabin is because we have one of the forward facing mini-suites with the gigantic balcony.  

7 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

New information added.

Some have stated that they have a guarantee room and they were able to book as of 7-1-2024 -their dining room reservation.  Also have seen posts that passengers don’t have their cruise paid in full & they were able to book dining. I have just compiled this list loosely from the posts under the dining threads of those that were able to book recently , so not set in stone on accuracy.

I would think reserve collection dining room will be where ever traditional is, but no need to make a reservation for those.

The reservable a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.

Caribbean Princess 

And Palm Is  reservable?

Coral Princess 

Crown Princess

Botticelli  is reservable

Michelangelo is traditional 5 pm & 7:

DA Vinci- walk in

Diamond Princess

Discovery Princess

Juneau- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm( someone else reported reserverable??)

Ketchikan- reservable

Skagway- walk in

Enchanted Princess

Capri- walk in

Emerald Princess 

DA Vinci walk-in

Botticelli is reservable

Grand Princess

Botticelli is reservable

Island Princess-2026

Majestic Princess

Regal Princess

Symphony- Traditional 5 pm ( private or shared table) or  7:30pm( private table only)

Allegro-reservable 5 pm - 8:40 pm,every 20 minutes 

Concerto- walk in

Royal Princess

Symphony is walk in

Ruby Princess

Sapphire Princess 

Sky-2024 & 2025

Soleil-Traditional at 5:30 pm & 7:50 pm

Estrella- walk in

Sky 2026 

Sky Nov 2024

Soleil has 20 min slots every night. Ive booked some of them

6 minutes ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Sky Nov 2024

Thanks. Apparently Sky Princess Soleil DR for 2024 is doing traditional ( set time of 5:30pm & 7:50pm) and reservable every 20 minutes -that’s what cruise critic members are having experience with .so I’ll put both on my list.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

I was able to book Botticelli private table today on Ruby for entire trip. So far reservations are holding, but someone on our Facebook group reported that reservations have disappeared after a short while. 

Edited by trin880
  • Thanks 1

Just accessed Princess App and assuming correct for fixed dining have booked a shared table for 19.30 in the Soleil restaurant  every night with the exception of nights where excursions or other dining arrangements apply. It appears that shared aren't available after 19.30. I was under the impression that 19.50 was the set 2nd sitting for fixed time dining but it appears not although up until 19.30 20 minute intervals are available. I'm confused.

10 hours ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Sky Nov 2024

Soleil as I am lead to believe is Traditional plus 20 minute time slots. But on accessing the App there's no mention of Traditional which again I believed to be 17,30 and 19.50. But the only option for a shared table is from  17.30 up to 19.30 . Booked using the 20 minute time slots. Anything after 19.30 appears to be Private tables only.

On 7/2/2024 at 8:47 PM, cruisinsince75 said:

Regal Princess from Galveston

Allegro - Anytime or Reserve time

Symphony - Traditional 5:00 or 7:30 

Concerto - unable to book (we are not Reserve Class.  

we are Platinum and paid in full.

We are on Regal August 19th. Have booked Symphony or Concerto on Anytime for every night except 2 when we are in the Crown Grill. Allegro not listed on the app. 

13 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Thanks. Apparently Sky Princess Soleil DR for 2024 is doing traditional ( set time of 5:30pm & 7:50pm) and reservable every 20 minutes -that’s what cruise critic members are having experience with .so I’ll put both on my list.

That is certainly not the case for April next year. Soleil only has the two traditional time slots and nothing else. Cielo has the 20 minute apart times. 

Most people on here have some familiarity with Princess and dining arrangements. I feel for new cruisers who have to work through this mess. An email to each booked passenger explaining what dining rooms are doing what and times are available would be helpful but that is good customer service. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

Most people on here have some familiarity with Princess and dining arrangements. I feel for new cruisers who have to work through this mess. An email to each booked passenger explaining what dining rooms are doing what and times are available would be helpful but that is good customer service. 

👍

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

👍

I agree that an email would be helpful. Also, it's a really trivial matter to just show an applicable text blurb on each dining room in the app. So why haven't they done that? Leaving this to by guess and by gosh is really bad.

• Like 4

New information.

Some have stated that they have a guarantee room and they were able to book as of 7-1-2024 -their dining room reservation.  Also have seen posts that passengers don’t have their cruise paid in full & they were able to book dining. Some have reported that they’re not platinum or elite and it’s their first Princess cruise and they’re not paid in full ,but they were able to book dining room reservations .

I have just compiled this list loosely from the posts under the dining threads of those that were able to book recently , so not set in stone on accuracy.

I would think reserve collection dining room will be wherever traditional is, but no need to make a reservation for those.

The reservable (Flexible is Princesses new term) a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.

Caribbean Princess 

And Palm Is  reservable?

Coral Princess 

Crown Princess

Botticelli  is reservable every 20 minute reservations 

Michelangelo is traditional 5 pm & 7:30pm

DA Vinci- walk in

Diamond Princess

Discovery Princess

Juneau- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm( someone else reported reservable??)

Ketchikan- reservable every 20 minute slots

Skagway- walk in

Enchanted Princess

Capri- walk in

Emerald Princess 

DA Vinci walk-in

Botticelli is reservable

Grand Princess

Botticelli is reservable

Island Princess-2026

Majestic Princess

Regal Princess

Allegro-reservable 5 pm - 8:40 pm,every 20 minute reservation time slots

Concerto- walk in

Royal Princess

Symphony is walk in

Ruby Princess

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM ( shared or private table)and 7:30 PM or someone reported 7:20 pm??( private table)

Sapphire Princess 

Sky-2024 & 2025

This ship is not consistent with what passengers are booking,so??

Soleil-Traditional at 5:30 pm & 7:50 pm AND reservable every 20 minute reservations 

November 2024 Soleil- reservable every 20 minutes 

Estrella- walk in

Sky 2026 

• Thanks 2

This is all a bit confusing but I can only guess that Princess Cruises have decided to change the dining allocation of MDR’s as well as the TD dining times on a per cruise basis. Makes no sense but hey ho!

Edited by Boku

3 hours ago, leck57 said:

That is certainly not the case for April next year. Soleil only has the two traditional time slots and nothing else. Cielo has the 20 minute apart times. 

Don't be silly. A Company that get's things sorted. Let's the customer know exactly what they need to do to get the service they require. Do they exist ? We know just as motor manufacturers show a handsome young man driving his new car with a drop dead gorgeous female sitting beside him driving along roads with no other cars in sight only exist in fantasy. So apparently does one that changes it's own rules then doesn't know them.

• Haha 1

@Boku I am trying for it not to be confusing. That’s why I’ve listed it ship by ship and what other passengers are actually booking and all the pertinent information all in one spot.

I am sure there will be changes as all of this new dining comes into play and goes along, but at least this is a start.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2024 at 6:02 AM, leck57 said:

I'm on Sky in April and I can book a range of times (20 minutes apart) for Cielo Dining room. Soleil has two times, 5.30pm and 7.50pm, so that must be the Traditional (2 available times) style dining room. Estrella isn't listed so I gather that is anytime walk up.

Same

@dog so you booked Sky Princess for April 2025 with dining reservations showing Cielo DR with Reservations every 20 minutes and you show traditional at 5:30 PM and 7:50 PM in Soleil dining room? I think my information is correct. I’m just trying to update my list as others are booking. Thanks,appreciate it.

13 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@dog so you booked Sky Princess for April 2025 with dining reservations showing Cielo DR with Reservations every 20 minutes and you show traditional at 5:30 PM and 7:50 PM in Soleil dining room? I think my information is correct. I’m just trying to update my list as others are booking. Thanks,appreciate it.

See above-  I did not give dates, did I?

I cannot get into app right now. So ignore my posts.