New Dining Reservations-ship by ship and Dining Room location

@dog Thanks for the information.

Sorry, I hope I’m not the one that’s been confusing to anyone. I’m just trying to compile one list for everybody to look at that’s correct. And I appreciate your help.
For March on the sky, the Celio dining room your 530pm reservation -is that traditional or is that the reservable every 20 minute reservation dining room ?

also for March 2026 on the Enchanted in the Santorini dining room is your 5:20 PM for traditional or the reserve dining room which has 20 minute time-slots?

thanks so much

Sky Princess seems to be the only ship with conflicting information,but …. So who knows why.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@Boku I am trying for it not to be confusing. That’s why I’ve listed it ship by ship and what other passengers are actually booking and all the pertinent information all in one spot.

I am sure there will be changes as all of this new dining comes into play and goes along, but at least this is a start.

@arizonaperson Its not you that is confusing matters it is Princess. Why are the TD times different between ships? Why can some people make a reservation in an MDR that for others shows as TD? Princess needs to sort this out,  i think some people may find their reservations cancelled without warning!

• Thanks 2

Wouldn’t it have been great for Princess to have labeled each MDR and the category? It is astounding how inept Princess is with IT related rollouts. Labeling a Dining room as Traditional, Reservation or Anytime is such a simple task in this day and age. 

Princess needs to do a better job. I could do the update in my sleep. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Boku said:

@arizonaperson Its not you that is confusing matters it is Princess. Why are the TD times different between ships?

TD times have always varied among ships.  I think of 7:30 as a place holder.  When I get on the ship, it might shift one way or the other.  The fact that some ships on the app are saying one thing and other ships something else is just typical Princess app screwiness. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 10:56 PM, arizonaperson said:

Some have stated that they have a guarantee room and they were able to book as of today their dining room reservation. I have just compiled this list loosely from the posts under the dining threads of those that were able to book today.

Hopefully , others can just add to this list to keep everybody informed.

The reservable a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.
Traditional dining seems to be 5 PM and 7:30 PM with a few variations.

Open seating AKA walk-in is just that. 

Caribbean Princess 

Island dining room is traditional 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Coral dining room is walk-in?
And Palm Is  reservable?

Crown Princess

Botticelli  is reservable

Michelangelo is traditional

Diamond Princess

Savoy and Vivaldi are reservable

International dining room is traditional at 5:20 PM and 7:50 pm

Pacific Moon and Santa Fe are walk-in 

Enchanted Princess

Amalfi dining room -I believe is reservable

Emerald Princess 

DA Vinci walk-in

Botticelli is reservable

Grand Princess

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Botticelli is reservable

Royal Princess

Concerto is traditional at 5 PM and 7:20 PM

Allegro is Reservable every 20 minutes

Symphony is walk in

Ruby Princess

On the Grand DaVinci is listed but do you know if the Reserved dining would be in TD Michelangelo? Curious we sail in 103 days things change.

Thanks

@latebloomer56 I don’t have DaVinci listed on The Grand, but I assume it is the walk in restaurant , just by deduction of what I have listed.

My guess would be all ships would hold reserve collection meals in traditional dining room,but no one that I have seen has posted this.

So yes,my guess on The Grand Princess is Michelangelo .

Time will tell for sure and if you have that type of cabin, I  would think that you would have something in your room that would tell you where “ your” DR is. But, since all this dining is new, who knows how it will actually play out.

no need to reserve any dining at all if you have reserve collection mini or full suite,except specialty restaurants.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

On the Grand DaVinci is listed but do you know if the Reserved dining would be in TD Michelangelo? Curious we sail in 103 days things change.

Thanks

Suggest you ask your Magic 8 Ball.  KayS is correct, book a time each night as a placeholder and sort it out once your are on board.  The booking parameters - private table only if choosing a time is nuts.

Am guessing things will be chaos the first night and get sorted over the next 2 nights as when we got caught in a trial late last year.

• Like 1

New information for today.

Please keep updating as you are able to book your dining room reservations.

New  Princess dining and which dining rooms offers what

Some have stated that they have a guarantee room and they were able to book as of 7-1-2024 -their dining room reservation.  Also have seen posts that passengers don’t have their cruise paid in full & they were able to book dining. Some have reported that they’re not platinum or elite and it’s their first Princess cruise and they’re not paid in full ,but they were able to book dining room reservations .

I have just compiled this list loosely from the posts under the dining threads of those that were able to book recently , so not set in stone on accuracy.

I would think reserve collection dining room ( former club class) will be wherever traditional is??, but no need to make a reservation for those. Check your cabin “ card”  that should be delivered.

Hopefully , others can just add to this list to keep everybody informed.

The reservable (Flexible is Princesses new term) a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.

Traditional dining seems to be 5 PM and 7:30 PM with a few variations.

Open seating AKA walk-in is just that. 

Caribbean Princess 

Island dining room is traditional 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Coral dining room is walk-in? & Reserve collection dining room- entrance on starboard 
And Palm Is  reservable?

Coral Princess 

Provence-Traditional 5 pm ( shared table)& 7:30 pm( private table)

Bordeaux- reservable 5 pm-8:20 pm every 20 minutes  & walk ins

Crown Princess

Botticelli  is reservable every 20 minute reservations 

Michelangelo is traditional 5 pm & 7:30pm

DA Vinci- walk in

Diamond Princess

Savoy and Vivaldi are reservable

International dining room is traditional at 5:20 PM and 7:50 pm

Pacific Moon and Santa Fe are walk-in 

Discovery Princess

Juneau- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm( someone else reported reservable??)

Ketchikan- reservable every 20 minute slots

Skagway- walk in

Enchanted Princess

Amalfi dining room -reservable every 20 minutes from 5 pm-8:20pm

Santorini-Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm

Capri- walk in

Emerald Princess 

DA Vinci walk-in

Botticelli is reservable

Grand Princess

Botticelli is reservable

DAVinci- walk in?  & Also Reserve collection Dining room- entrance on starboard

Island Princess-2024 & 2025

Provence- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm

Bordeaux- reservable,every 20 minutes  & walk ins

Island Princess-2026

Provence- reservable every 20 minutes 

Majestic Princess- 2024-2025

Symphony -Traditional at 5pm & 7:30 pm

Regal Princess

Symphony- Traditional 5 pm ( private or shared table) or  7:30pm( private table only)

Allegro-reservable 5 pm - 8:40 pm,every 20 minute reservation time slots

Concerto- walk in

Royal Princess

Concerto is traditional at 5 PM and 7:20 PM

Allegro is Reservable every 20 minutes

Symphony is walk in

Ruby Princess

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM ( shared or private table)and 7:20 pm (private table)

Botticelli- reservable,every 20 min .time slots- can get private table

Sapphire Princess 

Vivaldi & Savoy-reservable every 20 minutes 

Sky-2024 & 2025

This ship is not consistent with what passengers are booking,so??

Soleil-Traditional at 5:30 pm & 7:50 pm AND reservable every 20 minute reservations 

September 2024? Or 2025- Traditional late seating only private tables,not shared

Able to share table in reservable DR ( every 20 minutes) for 7:30 pm

November 2024 Soleil- reservable every 20 minutes 

Estrella- walk in

Cielo-reservable every 20 minutes 

Sky 2026 

Soleil- reservable,every 20 minute time slots

• Thanks 2

Regarding Caribbean Princess, earlier this week I made dining reservations for a Fall 2024 cruise.  Hope this helps you with your list:

Island Dining Room - able to book dinners at either 5 or 7:30 pm, so it's traditional

Palm Dining Room - able to book dinners starting at 5 pm  in 20 increments

Coral - consistently states "no time slots " available, so thinking this room is designated for the Reserve Dining guests (and may also take other walk--ins on a space available basis?)

Edited by Thunderbird19

@Thunderbird19 Thanks. Do you have any information for Caribbean Princess in the island dining room as far as shared or private tables? And the same for the palm dining room? 
So for instance, in the island dining room at 5 PM do you have a choice to do a shared table or a private table or both? and for the 730pm dining are you able to only do a private table?

and what about the Palm dining room? Is there a time cut off that you can only do private table?

No problem if you don’t have any of these answers, but that seems to be the case on some of the other ships.

Yes, both Island and Palm let you choose private or shared table after you choose your time slot.   I noticed today when I did a mock booking to try and change a time slot that only shared table appeared as an option for the new time, so all private tables must have already been booked at that time.

Edited by Thunderbird19
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Thunderbird19 said:

Regarding Caribbean Princess, earlier this week I made dining reservations for a Fall 2024 cruise.  Hope this helps you with your list:

Island Dining Room - able to book dinners at either 5 or 7:30 pm, so it's traditional

Palm Dining Room - able to book dinners starting at 5 pm  in 20 increments

Coral - consistently states "no time slots " available, so thinking this room is designated for the Reserve Dining guests (and may also take other walk--ins on a space available basis?)

I was able to book Coral for a set time every night shortly after booking was available. I now see that dining room as unavailable and Palm available to book for set times. 
Not quite sure what that means for my reservations. 

1 hour ago, SSAtlantic said:

I was able to book Coral for a set time every night shortly after booking was available. I now see that dining room as unavailable and Palm available to book for set times. 
Not quite sure what that means for my reservations. 

Perhaps you are at a higher level (or booked a suite or whatever gives those more elite benefits?) so you have access to Coral Dining Room?  You could always call Princess to verify your reservations to be sure, but if they are on your app I think you are fine.  .  

We are sailing on the Coral in April/May next year. For the first week we could book a private table for 4 at 5pm in Provence dining room, for the next cruise only sharing tables available at 5pm but private ones at 7.30. So we have booked the Bordeaux for 5pm for 4, private table for the following cruise 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Some have stated that they have a guarantee room and they were able to book as of 7-1-2024 -their dining room reservation.  Also have seen posts that passengers don’t have their cruise paid in full & they were able to book dining. Some have reported that they’re not platinum or elite and it’s their first Princess cruise and they’re not paid in full ,but they were able to book dining room reservations .

Maybe we're supposed to look at all this as Princess offering the widest possible options for dining? As in, the inconsistency is actually a feature rather than a bug? 😂🤔🤣

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, palolake said:

@arizonaperson We are able to book timed reservations in Symphony for January 2026.  We're waiting on Traditional.

Thanks.
Just so I get this “right” you are on Majestic Princess in January 2026 and you are booked in the Symphony dining room for the reservable -every 20 minutes Reservations? This is not your first choice.
just out of curiosity what time do you have currently for a reservation and we’re  you able to get a shared table or a private table or what were the choices? I have very little information on the dining for the Majestic at the moment.
You really want traditional, but it’s not allowing you yet, do I have all this correct?

thank you so much for your time 

2 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

We’re on the Majestic in February 2025 and I’ve booked 5:00 Traditional Dining at a private table for each night in the Symphony DR. The only other option in that DR was at 7:30, so Symphony is definitely Traditional for that cruise. 

Edited by canadarocks