When Can You Begin Online Check-in Process?

15 minutes ago, stellarose33 said:

I find it bizarre that you can book meals and entertainment but can't check in.  carnival you  can upload a ton of information to your account before you sail . not 21 days before 

Can you explain what you mean? There is no information you get at check-in that you don't already have -- except your arrival time.

21 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Can you explain what you mean? There is no information you get at check-in that you don't already have -- except your arrival time.

1. putting in passports

2. credit card info

I like to do lots of prep for the sailing early.  

2 minutes ago, stellarose33 said:

1. putting in passports

2. credit card info

I get it. Every cruise line is different. I've just never considered having 21-days to get it done, "bizarre".

• Haha 1

if you live on the east coast of the united states, you can check in on your computer roughly a few minutes after midnight. if you live on the west coast, a few minutes after 9 p.m.

these times are only available at least 21 days prior to sailing, or anytime after.Once you have accomplished this monumental task, your docs should be ready to print within 24 hours after.

41 minutes ago, stellarose33 said:

I find it bizarre that you can book meals and entertainment but can't check in.  carnival you  can upload a ton of information to your account before you sail . not 21 days before 

We sailed on Mardi Gras recently but we are used to NCL.  We may have missed something but it seemed we could not book much of anything (dining or entertainment) until we were onboard, which we found to be a nuisance since it was hard to plan your evenings in advance.  I kept thinking how I already had all my dining reservations lined up for an NCL cruise that was 4 months later.  All you're getting 21 days in advance with NCL is a check in time (NOT boarding time) at the pier, which is relatively unimportant.  You can make dining and entertainment reservations 120 or 125 days in advance (depending on latitudes status or cabin booked).

16 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

We sailed on Mardi Gras recently but we are used to NCL.  We may have missed something but it seemed we could not book much of anything (dining or entertainment) until we were onboard, which we found to be a nuisance since it was hard to plan your evenings in advance.  I kept thinking how I already had all my dining reservations lined up for an NCL cruise that was 4 months later.  All you're getting 21 days in advance with NCL is a check in time (NOT boarding time) at the pier, which is relatively unimportant.  You can make dining and entertainment reservations 120 or 125 days in advance (depending on latitudes status or cabin booked).

my last ship was the Mardi Gras. I swore I did a lot of the pre cruise stuff months ahead of time .

1 hour ago, stellarose33 said:

carnival check in opens 14 days before sail date and if you are platinum it opens at 16 days before sail date

Just now, shof515 said:

carnival check in opens 14 days before sail date and if you are platinum it opens at 16 days before sail date

wow.must have changed in the 2 years since I sailed last time. guess I need to get on a ship very soon to fix that.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, stellarose33 said:

wow.must have changed in the 2 years since I sailed last time. guess I need to get on a ship very soon to fix that.

Yes you do! 

- signed a member of the peer pressure crew

Edited by cruiseny4life

This is NCL, not Carnival. It doesn’t matter what other cruise lines do. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, zqvol said:

This is NCL, not Carnival. It doesn’t matter what other cruise lines do. 

just like to plan ahead. if NCL is 21 days= so be it. just glad to be back on a ship.

4 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

I tried to check in for my cruise on line and a message came on that check in is 21 days to 3 days before embarkation. Is this correct?

Yes, you can prep 21 days prior to departure.

You can check in exactly 21 days prior to departure, 12 midnight NCL-time (Eastern US - Miami). 

Since you are allowed to select your port arrival/check-in time, allowing check-in 21 days in advance of your cruise provides the most customers the opportunity to select early times. It is the fairest way to do check-in. And ensures that the cruise line does not have to accumulate vast amount of PII. There is absolutely no need to provide that until you are just about ready to depart. 

At 21 days, you can also book entertainment on big ships.