Stateroom door decorations not allowed???

cruiseagona

We're already in Seattle and I have them with me. It's not really a big deal, I just enjoy them. Makes it a bit easier to find room. Also I like seeing them on other doors. IMO, this whole cruise reminds me of like a type of "adult sleepover camp". It's a lot of fun. Now, if I can only find a hand-made crocheted duck that someone is going to hide. . . 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cruiseagona said:

We're already in Seattle and I have them with me. It's not really a big deal, I just enjoy them. Makes it a bit easier to find room. Also I like seeing them on other doors. IMO, this whole cruise reminds me of like a type of "adult sleepover camp". It's a lot of fun. Now, if I can only find a hand-made crocheted duck that someone is going to hide. . . 🙂

Before putting anything on your door I would check with either the Guest Desk or the Hotel General Manager.  Some GM's allow decorating and others do not.

Some GM's to not approve of hiding ducks either.

Enjoy your time in Seattle.  Tonight there will be fireworks at T Mobile Park (South of downtown where the Mariner's play.  Tomorrow night there will be a fireworks display in the middle of Lake Union (North of downtown).

We had 2 cabins on the Jewel, same type of magnet - they looked like a porthole but with different pictures. About half-way through the cruise, the magnet disappeared from 1 cabin, not mine. Pretty sure it was stolen, not removed by NCL. I took mine off for safekeeping.

If NCL removes them, they will leave them on the inside of your door or inside your cabin.  

There is the small possibility that anything you put on your door or leave outside your cabin may be stolen/moved by other passengers.  As long as you are okay with the possibility of losing your magnets then feel free to decorate your door.  Some previous posters on this topic have said they've gone to security to ask them to review the hallway tapes when magnets disappeared,  The crew has enough work to deal with - please don't put anything on your door that you aren't willing to lose.  My guess is that if enough angry people complain to security/guest services they'll just start enforcing the door decoration ban since they have enough actual problems to deal with.

If you are just (as one previous passenger noted) looking to mark your door when you return to your cabin after too many drinks, please just use a magnet you don't care about and wouldn't mind if it got lost or stolen.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2024 at 12:45 PM, cruiseagona said:

removable door decorations

On 7/3/2024 at 12:45 PM, cruiseagona said:

removable stickers

The term "removable sticker" is usually an oxy-moron.  It's like trying to remove a price tag sticker from something.  Magnets would be a whole lot better.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EngrJones said:

Sure.  Have you ever seen post-it notes used as decorations?🤣  That is a photo I would like to see.

Also, you must have missed the word "usually."  Why are you struggling with this?

They make removable stickers with the same type of adhesive that come right off.

• Like 1