Live from the Land of Princess

2 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

@ceilidh1 I am just about to try the tiramisu. It is not my favourite dessert (too mushy) but I will try it. For research.

I like your research methods 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

IMG_6984.thumb.jpeg.ea790bfd0f1ebd5b1f0634ae633b2d2c.jpeg

Verdict=yummy. Better than expected. I was too full to eat it all. I also only ate two slices of the pizza. They should make a small pizza so there is less food waste.

I think I will use my other free casual meal at Alfredo’s again.

• Like 12

Carpet bowling took place outside Sabatini’s during lunch. It seems like activities where items are thrown are very popular. There is ring toss, bean bag toss and carpet bowling. We are well-prepared in the event of a person overboard since the life ring will be heaved with accuracy after all this tossing practice.

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Everyone raves about the Tiramisu. For me, that is the most disappointing dessert ever (in general, not Alfredo’s-never tried it there). Such a waste of calories 🤣🤣

Everyone is different, of course.  I love Tiramisu if I'm going to have a dessert.  For me, the biggest waste of calories are those dirty banana and mud slide drinks.  That's like half your daily intake right there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Everyone is different, of course.  I love Tiramisu if I'm going to have a dessert.  For me, the biggest waste of calories are those dirty banana and mud slide drinks.  That's like half your daily intake right there.

I worked at the pool bar at the Marriott in St Thomas.  I would have people come down and drink 5 or 6 Pina Coladas or Bushwackers or MudSlides--the Pina Colada that we made had 900 calories EACH--I'm sure that the Bushwackers and Mudslides had just as many!!  3,600 calories in JUST drinks!!  YIKES!!  I drink wine....

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

@ceilidh1 I am just about to try the tiramisu. It is not my favourite dessert (too mushy) but I will try it. For research.

It's mainly coffee and alcohol (especially if I make it), how could it not be delicious? And followed up with an Espresso Martini, for digestion purposes, is a near perfect end to (or substitute for) a meal. Salute!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

@mking8288 I feel like we didn’t cover much distance between leaving St. Anthony and now.

Indeed, been going slow around 10 nts & easy and traveling 10 kts / nm this morning.  Good for fuel conservation and smooth ride / sleep & relaxing, with an icy cold one in hand, of course 😊

Screenshot_20240711-120152.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Muckyduckway said:

It's mainly coffee and alcohol (especially if I make it), how could it not be delicious? And followed up with an Espresso Martini, for digestion purposes, is a near perfect end to (or substitute for) a meal. Salute!

This one was mostly custardy.

3 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Indeed, been going slow around 10 nts & easy and traveling 10 kts / nm this morning.  Good for fuel conservation and smooth ride / sleep & relaxing, with an icy cold one in hand, of course 😊

Screenshot_20240711-120152.png

So smooth! On NCL I take an anti-seasick tablet every 12 hours. I haven’t taken one at all on this cruise.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

It is the Island Princess’ birthday, not my birthday! I always spend my birthday with my dad on the NCL Jewel.

That said, the drink was a delicious treat.

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 10

Arts and Crafts: paper flower

Step 1: help Amber cut up the crepe paper

Step 2: give everyone a wire and a piece of crepe paper since the other entertainment staff didn’t show up on time

Step 3: poke wire in and out of crepe paper

IMG_6995.thumb.jpeg.a4e02f994f81a70a93d4133dfc96fe0c.jpeg

Step 4: help the lady next to you

Step 5: bend wire over to make a secure hook

IMG_6996.thumb.jpeg.8ecc508fbc79042012854b77496fcdbf.jpeg

Step 6: help the lady next to you

Step 7: hold the crepe paper in your dominant hand then pull and gather with your non-dominant hand, pinching the tissue paper at the base with your dominant hand

Step 8: help the lady next to you

Step 9: repeat until you have used all your crepe paper

IMG_6997.thumb.jpeg.3d72c545678636f077d7376f11e16b38.jpeg

Step 10: help the lady next to you

Step 11: poke the wire up, over and through all the layers of crepe paper

Step 12: help the lady next to you

Step 13: wrap the crepe paper around the base

Step 14: secure the green tissue paper with

wire

IMG_6999.thumb.jpeg.eeaec506e766cdbafc86f78ad262caad.jpeg

Step 15: make the flower for the lady next to you

Step 16: take a photo of your flower and the one jointly made by you and the lady next to you

IMG_7001.thumb.jpeg.67c43dc00e5ec45b66af092b0fa68906.jpeg

Step 17: go to the bar

• Like 4
  • Haha 25

I have been on many cruises and have always wanted to order the dirty banana (minus the alcohol).  Just as I was going to do this on my next cruise.  

2 hours ago, JGmf said:

Now...what am I to do?  bummer

• Like 4

I'm really enjoying your reports! Thank you so much for sharing so many details and photos, especially with regard to food, menus, and happenings on the ship.

My wife and I will be sailing on the Island Princess for our honeymoon this August – but our itinerary is Europe. Looking forward to more of your entertaining updates 😇

• Like 2

14 hours ago, capriccio said:

It is my favorite - by far - production show I've seen on over 30 Princess cruises.  On the Bayou was created specifically for the two level (decks 6 and 7 aft) Universe Lounge of the Coral and Island Princesses.  It is a spectacular stage set up on the Coral and was on the Island until Princess decide to chop up the aft portion of the ship and add new cabins across the rear of the Island.  Now On the Bayou is performed in the Island's theater.

On The Bayou is vastly better on Coral Princess due to being done in the Universe Lounge. I've seen it there twice and have also seen it in the main theater on Island Princess. No comparison. It was designed for the rotating stage in Universe Lounge. Like some other folks, it's my favorite Princess show - at least to date.

• Like 1

The day flew by and now it is time for happy hour.

Nutty Irishman (Irish cream liqueur, Frangelico, coffee)

IMG_7013.thumb.jpeg.132a278a130dc8c765b0a4552341db83.jpeg

This would be a good breakfast drink

• Like 12

25 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Step 4: help the lady next to you

I laughed so hard at this. You know that the "lady next to you" is me at every single arts and crafts. My teen (who is the most artsy/crafty person I know) refuses to attend with me any more as the session ALWAYS ends with me being frustrated, a few swear words, and her doing my project. Lol.

• Haha 16

Since I was at the Bayou Cafe for flower making I took the opportunity to look around. I adore the New Orleans art!

IMG_7004.thumb.jpeg.c8d3bfa4ee8b1209bd39c6a3affc415a.jpeg

IMG_7005.thumb.jpeg.3aff0b3edf4e8e055ff453fd242cd040.jpeg

IMG_7007.thumb.jpeg.4c6efd4ee19d59dbdd2e7dbd959fbd18.jpeg

IMG_7008.thumb.jpeg.2bba04a74e9c657d446b3b4f1c41b5e9.jpeg

IMG_7009.thumb.jpeg.9f69846404ef4e4e08444df555c88796.jpeg

IMG_7010.thumb.jpeg.3864f9c5dce590fd1fc12e187a3a2141.jpeg

IMG_7011.thumb.jpeg.69768e8a0fc0227c270b6c51503fbf5c.jpeg

IMG_7012.thumb.jpeg.b14ac2c8443bd5fe032ab986f66f4416.jpeg

In preparation for dinner the tables are set. I’m getting a strong hint that this may not be the place for a vegetarian. 

IMG_7006.thumb.jpeg.fa25315d2a117e8acd97c6aec8b9ce22.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 13