Western Caribbean on Regal or Eastern Caribbean on Caribbean Princess?

2jeffs2

So I have a free cruise offer and my limited vacation availabilty limits it to one of these two options. I recently took my first Princess cruise on the Caribbean Princess and although we enjoyed it we did find her to be a bit dated. I prefer the Eastern Carib stops of Turks and Caicos and Dominican. Stops in Nassau as well but never liked that port. Western goes to the usual Costa Maya, Roatan, and Cozumel, all of which are kinda been there, done that for us. So the question, is Regal enough of an upgrade from Caribbean to make up for the better stops?

3 minutes ago, 2jeffs2 said:

So the question, is Regal enough of an upgrade from Caribbean to make up for the better stops?

If it were me like when sailing another time to the Mexican Riviera, the ship is my primary destination and I would prefer Regal over Caribbean. That’s merely my opinion & others will feel differently…good luck on making the best decision for yourself.

Vastly prefer Western over Eastern Caribbean, sonir would be a no brainer for me to choose Regal and Western.

But if you prefer the Eastern ports for whatever reason, then go Caribbean.   

If you're not getting off the ship and ports don't matter, I'd flip a coin as I live Regal, the larger atrium, the Enclave, the deluxe Balcony cabins, the Retreat pool, the better lido deck setup for movies under the stars - but I also live Skywalkers on CB, the aft terrace pool is much better, larger balconies, etc. 

Flip a coin? 

REGAL for me.   (Sanctuary, Atrium, Deluxe Balcony cabins, adult retreat pool.  Last cruise on her was really really good, food, etc.)

Have you been to all of these ports, on both itineraries, possibly more than once?

If so, it is more about the cruise/ship than the destination.

I am a 'beach girl', so the beach at Turks, of course, wins on that.

Would maybe try Nachi Cocoom (sp???) at Cozumel.  

How many ships will be at each of these ports.  Cozumel can be PACKED.

Check at cruise mapper website.

Yes, there are very few larger balconies on these first two Royal Class ships.

You can see if you can get one on the mid-ship bump-out,  or an AFT wake-view cabin on a deck where these have larger/deeper balconies.

Princess might only be showing Deluxe balconies as RESERVE or GTY for only two guests.

If you find this is the case, you can act like you are booking for three, and it might show you Deluxe Balconies to choose from.   Many have done a work-around to be able to select and book specific Deluxe Balcony cabins when this happens.

27 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Western beats Eastern

Regal beats Caribbean (unless balcony size is of critical importance to you.). 

It' a free interior room so balcony doesn't matter. We are going with Regal. Thank you everybody.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 2jeffs2 said:

It' a free interior room so balcony doesn't matter. We are going with Regal. Thank you everybody.

Great choice!  We love the Regal also.

Definitely planning on watching the bids but we are going on a Panama Canal cruise the month before so this one is just a bonus.

I have not read any of your postings that you received. I just wanted to let you know 8 of us did the Regal in February, and we were ALL  pleased with just about everything pertaining to the ship, and the itinerary.

Truly Caribbean Princess should be retired not refreshed. Regal all the way. The only good thing about Caribbean Princess is the outside promenade deck.