Royal Beach Club Nassau

Does anyone know the exact date of the opening of the Royal Beach club? I have heard April of 2025, but no exact day. We  are on a cruise April 10th 2025 and would like to visit the resort if it is open. If not I will book a daypass at Breeze's Resort.

13 minutes ago, cruiseaholic777 said:

Does anyone know the exact date of the opening of the Royal Beach club?

Don't look for something that exact till maybe two months out - construction projects almost always have slippage.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Don't look for something that exact till maybe two months out - construction projects almost always have slippage.

This one more so because there are more players involved than the typical RC project.

According to this site, it states Summer 2025.  https://www.royalbeachclubatparadiseisland.com/

It will be interesting to see how this gets priced.  Seeing capacity # of 2000-2750.  There is days this summer where both Utopia and Allure would be in port.  So would imagine next summer there can be two Oasis class ships being in port the same.  I would picture prices like Cococay, high several months out to sailing, and lowering as closer to sailing.

Regardless having more options is a plus, as often it seems the ship is like a sea day when docked in Nassau.  

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I bet at least $100, if not more.

Wouldn’t pay $10 to go there. IMHO, it will bomb if they go premium price given the way you need to get there and back to the ship. Junkaroo beach is free and I can walk to it.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Wouldn’t pay $10 to go there. IMHO, it will bomb if they go premium price given the way you need to get there and back to the ship. Junkaroo beach is free and I can walk to it.

I agree since unlike CocoCay and Labadee, your drink package and WIFI will not work there and there is no free food.  Only loungers/umbrellas will be included.

3 hours ago, karena1 said:

I agree since unlike CocoCay and Labadee, your drink package and WIFI will not work there and there is no free food.  Only loungers/umbrellas will be included.

Can you provide a link which indicates there will be no free food, no available wifi and no drink package use? Or is this just an unfounded guess on your part? 

1 minute ago, rolloman said:

Can you provide a link which indicates there will be no free food, no available wifi and no drink package use? Or is this just an unfounded guess on your part? 

Food is included, that has already been announced. No info that I've seen on wifi or drink packages. 

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Food is included, that has already been announced. No info that I've seen on wifi or drink packages. 

I have actually heard from a few sources there will be no charge at all for the ferry ride and beach. That being said, I would "assume" they will do similar to Coco Cay and build areas which will eventually have a fee? I must say, I was quite surprised when I was there last week and witnessed the amount of work quickly completed. In addition, the sheer size of the area they are clearing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rolloman said:

I read it somewhere a while ago, so blog or something that others were talking about.  I hope I am wrong, would be nice if it was more like CocoCay where you could enjoy it for free, but don't see that happening.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I read it somewhere a while ago, so blog or something that others were talking about.  I hope I am wrong, would be nice if it was more like CocoCay where you could enjoy it for free, but don't see that happening.

Based on blogs I have seen, it says free food.  Including venues like Snack Shacks.

I think the biggest issue is avoiding having it replicate Cococay, but with a fee. Most sailings that stop by Nassau also stop by Cococay, and with the shorter cruises those days are back to back.  Harder sell if the beach club if it is the same experience as Cococay just with an entrance fee.

They have to charge an entrance fee since capacity is less than 50% of most ships and at times there is two ships in port.  However, it would seem they have to offer same amenities as Cococay, food, drink packages.  In addition, if they go the $100+ route, they would have to offer upscale food.  Maybe not on same level as Beach Club in Cococay, but also not just an exact duplicate of Cococay.  

Edited by SUgwoz

11 minutes ago, SUgwoz said:

Based on blogs I have seen, it says free food.  Including venues like Snack Shacks.

I think the biggest issue is avoiding having it replicate Cococay, but with a fee. Most sailings that stop by Nassau also stop by Cococay, and with the shorter cruises those days are back to back.  Harder sell if the beach club if it is the same experience as Cococay just with an entrance fee.

They have to charge an entrance fee since capacity is less than 50% of most ships and at times there is two ships in port.  However, it would seem they have to offer same amenities as Cococay, food, drink packages.  In addition, if they go the $100+ route, they would have to offer upscale food.  Maybe not on same level as Beach Club in Cococay, but also not just an exact duplicate of Cococay.  

Guess time will tell.  We won't pay to go, so will probably never see it, but we don't pay for anything at CocoCay either as we are totally happy with all the free stuff out there and have no need to pay for anything extra.  I am sure lots of people will love the new club at Nassau regardless of what it costs to get in.  

• Like 2

At Cococay the ships connect to the island VIA fiber to facilitate extending WiFi to the island.  That is also how they authenticate if someone has a Voom plan or not.  

During a May stop this year I saw them setting up a wireless repeater test on the pier in Nassau.

NassauWiFiTest4.thumb.jpg.1bfc5d71843df5f2ef9da9bf29a38149.jpg

NassauWiFiTest3.thumb.jpg.1afcfdc214a0e0988a3946c85767408d.jpg

NassauWiFiTest2.thumb.jpg.39508caa68a4bc3e09e1cfdfe887ed93.jpg

NassauWiFiTest1.thumb.jpg.ad3113ed651e4fb7fd57347cf8b483e6.jpg

I suspect they were testing the concept of using a wireless link to the Beach Club.  

There may be an issue for multiple Royal and Celebrity ships being present.  They may have to set up a wireless link between ships and use the ship at the outermost pier as the master link to the Beach Club.  

I've used the same access points in my professional life.  They are very capable access points that can handle the distance without issue assuming Royal berths a ship at the outermost pier.

Authentication of Voom clients may be the biggest challenge, particularly with multiple Royal ships in port.

Regardless of the outcome and logistical challenges it does appear they are looking at it.

• Like 1

An excerpt from Royal's press release on April 22nd of this year.  With capacity of only 2000 and the fact that there's almost always 2, if not 3, Royal ships in port at the same time, of course they will need to set this up as a paid excursion.  Compared with Coco Cay's capacity of 13,000, this spot is tiny.  This will be a competitor/other option for things like Atlantis, Baha Mar, Blue Lagoon, Margaritaville etc.  Royal wants their piece of the 'resort for day' pie/money.  

image.thumb.png.d398c82cfb685d055d2c0f0e32c7c0a8.png

5 hours ago, karena1 said:

They also initially said that Hideaway Bay would be free - that never happened.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

And from today's TA webinar, this is what was said about the one they are building in Cozumel. 

image.thumb.png.f64a8320c2913e314cdaee7daf63f6ac.png

That's referring to Coco Cay, which obviously has a lot of free options.

Nassau and Cozumel will have a cost to even get in the door.

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Correct, that was my point.  That Nassau and Cozumel will NOT be like Coco Cay, but instead, a paid excursion.  The blog post discussing today's TA webinar is saying exactly that.  Sorry if it was confusing.  

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Which is exactly what she said.

• Thanks 1