New Sale

FLAlaska

If anyone is interested, Princess is running a new sale that includes up to $400 OBC on select voyages this weekend.  MIght not hurt to see if it helps you out.

I still dont get that , as a solo, if I have to pay twice the fare , I dont get twice the OBC, but whatever ...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

If anyone is interested, Princess is running a new sale that includes up to $400 OBC on select voyages this weekend.  MIght not hurt to see if it helps you out.

I still dont get that , as a solo, if I have to pay twice the fare , I dont get twice the OBC, but whatever ...

The OBC is usually per cabin when Ive booked...not per person.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Thank you! Saw your post and called on the cruise I booked two days ago. Now have $250 more in OBC and no change in other money due. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Not this time. Its $200 per person

Duration of cruise this time. Ours was $200, $100/ea. for a 7 night. Not $250 as I mentioned previously.

1 minute ago, mtnesterz said:

Duration of cruise this time. Ours was $200, $100/ea. for a 7 night. Not $250 as I mentioned previously.

Yeah, mine is a TA so it was $200. when I put in for 2 people, the OBC went up to $400

Called our TA to see if this can be applied to a current booking for 2025 and she is checking.  The cruise shows up as qualifying for the additional OBC. I do not want to cancel and rebook as we currently have over $700.00 in OBC and the cruise fare is $460 less than the current sale.  

Not optimistic but will wait to hear back.

@FLAlaskaI booked 2 cabins on a Caribbean Cruise this morning.  One for my son and his girlfriend and one for me.  I have always gotten double the OBC when solo in the cabin, so for a balcony on this promotion 2 X $100.  Not this time.  They have changed the small print and it specifically says solo travelers only get one OBC.  I don't understand this either since we are paying double the fare.  Just Princess's way of further taking away benefits that have always been there.  In this case, charging solos double but only giving us one OBC.

• Like 2

I'm pleased to report that my cruise actually went down in price, not by much.  My vacation planner could not re-fare but canceled my booking and was able to add $400 to my sailing.  Win-win situation.  Thanks again to the OP.  Ironically, we booked the original cruise yesterday!

• Like 6

I booked my upcoming cruise for next summer yesterday afternoon.  My cruise fare remains the same as I booked yesterday but Princess will not grant me the OBC since I didn't book between today and end of this weekend.  Quite the bummer!  If I would have waited until this morning, I would be able to get a $200 OBC.  

37 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Can you not cancel and rebook?

I booked yesterday with a non-refundable deposit for 2 people; however, I called again and worked with a better representative who was able to do some legwork to cancel my prior booking (with higher level approval) and then rebook with the same information from yesterday plus $100 OBC per person.  I am thankful that I tried again and that they granted me this exception since I was "outside of the 24 hour window" by just a couple of hours!

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Spoiltblonde said:

I booked my upcoming cruise for next summer yesterday afternoon.  My cruise fare remains the same as I booked yesterday but Princess will not grant me the OBC since I didn't book between today and end of this weekend.  Quite the bummer!  If I would have waited until this morning, I would be able to get a $200 OBC.

Glad to see you were able to rework it in your favor.

Edited by Aggie83

1 minute ago, Aggie83 said:

Can you cancel your current booking and rebook and get same fare plus the OBC?

See my post above...but I had booked with a non-refundable deposit of $100 or so per person, so essentially a wash; however, I did find a helpful service representative who was able to gain approval from higher levels to grant an exception since it was just a bit over 24 hours.  Thankful that there are some helpful customer service reps at Princess who are willing to provide great service. 

• Like 2

I checked our bookings for next year. One is a cruise tour and is sold out. The other one is a 15 day Spain, Portugal, and France that goes from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale and it shows the offer. I sent it to my TA and he will take a look at it. Of course it was 6:00 PM when I sent him the info. At 6:03 PM he answered back and said he would look at it. I told him if they wouldn't add on the extra $400 OBC to cancel the cruise and re-book. It seems stupid that it may come to that and any Princess employee with half a brain could see it's the same dang thing to just add on the OBC. The current pricing is actually $36 cheaper so if they force a cancellation and re-booking it will cost them that little bit extra. Hopefully my TA can get this done. The promo runs through Sunday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spoiltblonde said:

You can cancel and rebook  in the same phone call.

Posted (edited)

Does the current sale OBC appear on the computer screen when booking?  Or does it require calling?

Because I tried several sailings and don’t see any OBC on the final price screen.

Edited by logan25

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, logan25 said:

Does the current sale OBC appear on the computer screen when booking?  Or does it require calling?

Because I tried several sailings and don’t see any OBC on the final price screen.

If OBC is included for that sailing, should reference OBC before starting booking process. Did you click the Princess Plus/Standard/Premier Link? Plus it is referenced on the Cruise Summary page.

Screenshot_20240713_093734_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Aggie83
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Wow, $1000pp increase to get $200 OBC what a DEAL. I should call right now. This for a 12day European Capitals cruise May 2025.

All of our future bookings are currently much, much higher in price.  Shell game!  

• Like 2