Can't Book My Time Dining for February???

I like to book our My Time Dining as early as possible to lock in 7 or 7:30.  Our future cruise next February is open for all sorts of paid dining options but there is no way to book MTD.  Is this something new?  I hate to think that it is the beginning of the end for MTD.

Just now, yogimax said:

Is this something new?

No, Planner options become available at different times. Check with others on your Roll Call thread to see if they have the same issue.

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

but there is no way to book MTD

Same here. We don’t have the MTD option in our planner for our Feb cruise, but I was able to do it for our June 2025 cruise already!

1 hour ago, teaysvalley said:

Same here. We don’t have the MTD option in our planner for our Feb cruise, but I was able to do it for our June 2025 cruise already!

By any chance is it Odyssey of the Seas?

We cannot reserve MTD for our February cruise on Utopia but was able to reserve it for the Serenade the week after. Checking on it daily to get our desired dinner time!

I wonder if they are in the process of converting MTD to mid dining on some ships?  I know they have been trialing it, but don't know if it's going beyond that.  But with RCI IT, any conversion will most likely be a disaster.  😱

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I cannot book MTD for Odyssey for February but I can book the solarium bistro.

Same here.

By the way, we were disappointed in our last visit to the Solarium Bistro for dinner.  It used to be a combination of a poor man's buffet with additional menu items.  On our last cruise, the menu items were gone.  We went once for dinner and that was it... still good for breakfast though.

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I wonder if they are in the process of converting MTD to mid dining on some ships?  I know they have been trialing it, but don't know if it's going beyond that.  But with RCI IT, any conversion will most likely be a disaster.  😱

That is what I am thinking. Haven't been successful with my Feb Adventure sailing.  

Well this is interesting, and not in a good way…..this thread made me check our reservations to see what dining I booked us for since I couldn’t remember. Our April booking on Odyssey had first dinner at 6pm, so that’s what I chose. Now it’s been changed to 5pm so I switched us to MTD, but there’s no option to book reservations in the planner.

The October sailing still has first seating at 6pm. Wanna bet if that’s going to change? Lol. Must be an Odyssey thing. 

16 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

That might work on Anthem with its multiple smaller dining rooms but probably a disaster on Odyssey. Too many will want the middle time. 

3 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Well this is interesting, and not in a good way…..this thread made me check our reservations to see what dining I booked us for since I couldn’t remember. Our April booking on Odyssey had first dinner at 6pm, so that’s what I chose. Now it’s been changed to 5pm so I switched us to MTD, but there’s no option to book reservations in the planner.

The October sailing still has first seating at 6pm. Wanna bet if that’s going to change? Lol. Must be an Odyssey thing. 

April is from Cape Liberty, which usually has an earlier time.  October is from Rome, which usually has a later time.

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2024 at 5:59 PM, yogimax said:

I like to book our My Time Dining as early as possible to lock in 7 or 7:30.  Our future cruise next February is open for all sorts of paid dining options but there is no way to book MTD.  Is this something new?  I hate to think that it is the beginning of the end for MTD.

Same here. We have My Time Dining confirmed on our booking for our August 2024 cruise. I have finished check in procedure and have set sail pass printed etc. 

For several days I have been trying to book online times for our My Time dining as they will differ a bit on some days. Not having any luck getting it done.

I was able to book MTD for my April 2024 Oasis and Nov 2024 Odyssey cruises in May 2023.

Booked MTD for my Sept 2024 Symphony cruise on May 31 (date of cruise booking).

Not able to book MTD yet for my Sept and Oct 2025 Radiance cruises.

1 hour ago, biomedbob said:

Don't know what I'm having for dinner in 3 hours let alone next February.

Maybe not but I do know what time I want to eat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, biomedbob said:

Don't know what I'm having for dinner in 3 hours let alone next February.

Its not about what you are having for dinner but more about setting a time so you can plan your days around shows, onboard plans etc.

• 1 month later...

MTD option is still not available for our Feb 2025 cruise on the app or website so I called today. The service rep couldn’t see the option either on her end. She sent a report to IT, but the other thing she mentioned it could be sold out. It’s possible though I’ve been checking for quite some time since earlier in the year.

On 7/18/2024 at 5:27 PM, biomedbob said:

I cruise to get away from schedules and have to plan 6 months from when I might not  even be alive!

You don’t HAVE to make reservations.  Show up when you want just like any land based restaurant.  Be prepared to wait, also like many land based restaurants 

We like to make MTD reservations ahead of the cruise, since we prefer to eat between 6-7pm, which is a very popular dining time and fills up quickly. Just our preference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

We like to make MTD reservations ahead of the cruise, since we prefer to eat between 6-7pm, which is a very popular dining time and fills up quickly. Just our preference.

And that is us too.  We choose MTD because early is too early & late is too late so we reserve 6:45ish for every night.  But if Biomedbob doesn’t like to follow a schedule, reservations are not required.

• Like 2