Princess color coded luggage tags?

YWW

Has Princess dropped the color coded luggage tags? We were trying to print off the luggage tags for our upcoming cruise and surprised to see the tags have no colors but just a generic white background except the Princess name and logo in blue. I checked with a few others and they too said no color tags. In previous Princess cruises in 2022 and before that we were on, all tags were color coded. Your thoughts?

Tag from 2012:

image.png.204fc22083d4367c68b7c9ef7c5f69da.png

Tag from 2016:

image.png.af50598795b886ebd70649846985bdf7.png

Here's our tags from 2022:

image.png.3ea0f378a5edc668111ccffd2306d062.png

image.png.ca7bbe8193007bf9c43ce5276a467e5a.png

And 2023:

image.png.39b4131969850b5490f265a4015ec519.png

image.png.f02c4ef561fb58a585191f401f88350c.png

And 2024:

image.png.7ba89d4e683cf5efdc615f180a76c0c1.png

image.png.e1ac8690619eb0b34ecda66e370fba3c.png

Seems that with the restart they added yellow borders and in 2024 the borders changed to orange.

I don't believe the embarkation luggage tags have ever been color coded. You might be thinking of the disembarkation ones that they send to your room at the end of the cruise - those have your color and number group that is called when you get off the ship.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wildsoul said:

I don't believe the embarkation luggage tags have ever been color coded. You might be thinking of the disembarkation ones that they send to your room at the end of the cruise - those have your color and number group that is called when you get off the ship.

Mine were always in color, not this year because I don't have a colored printer right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, latebloomer56 said:

Mine were always in color, not this year because I don't have a colored printer right now.

They are usually in color, yes 🙂 I assumed YWW meant specifically designated with different colors, looking back I think I read it wrong. Oops.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wildsoul said:

They are usually in color, yes 🙂 I assumed YWW meant specifically designated with different colors, looking back I think I read it wrong. Oops.

I'm hoping my bags find me 😂.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, wildsoul said:

The luggage tags for you to tag your bags before boarding were always color coded but seems this year they are all regular white tags with a rust/orange color edge and "staple me" area. No, I wasn't referring to the color coded tags they gave you the night before disembarkation.

• Like 1

What did the color coded embarkation tags signify?  I only have a black and white printer so never paid much attention to the colors.  Don't recall (not saying it didn't happen) that there was also loyalty status.  What did that do?  I don't think it expedited delivery of luggage to your stateroom or prevent it from not ending up in the water.

I do know they "used" to have color coded embarkation hard copy boarding passes.  That's gone too.

21 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

What did the color coded embarkation tags signify?  I only have a black and white printer so never paid much attention to the colors.  Don't recall (not saying it didn't happen) that there was also loyalty status.  What did that do?  I don't think it expedited delivery of luggage to your stateroom or prevent it from not ending up in the water.

I do know they "used" to have color coded embarkation hard copy boarding passes.  That's gone too.

You are right. Just called Princess and agent said all luggage tags are now just essentially black and white with a thin strip of orange color on the edge and the small “staple me" area. No need to print the tags in color, black and white printer is fine. In fact she said cruisers could just get the tags at the pier. She also said only large non-carryon bags require luggage tags. No tags required for all personal carry-on bags unless the passenger wants the ship's luggage handlers to take your carry-on bags to your room too.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, YWW said:

The luggage tags for you to tag your bags before boarding were always color coded but seems this year they are all regular white tags with a rust/orange color edge and "staple me" area. No, I wasn't referring to the color coded tags they gave you the night before disembarkation.

Well, I did show a tag from 2012, that's twelve years ago, that wasn't color coded so it's been quite a while.

Boarding tags have not been color coded as far back as I can recall. Every tag we have had looked exactly as the ones shown in the post by beg3yrs. Blue and white with a colored border that signifies nothing. 

I've only been able to print my tags "in color" one time over the past 5 years or so...and that was only because I actually had ink cartridges that were not dried up!  Other than that one time, I always print them in B/W on my trusty HP Laser jet. They have *always* found their way to our cabin...

@YWW

Do you mean like this:

image.png.491a71b2e30a9124b0f2c6f81b4ed1bb.png

I looked back through a bunch of cruise docs and this is the only one I found like this and it was for a BVE in 2013 rather than an actual cruise. My older and newer luggage tags don't show a loyalty level.

30 minutes ago, darnheather said:

As a first time Princess cruiser I'm confused. I have to print my own luggage tags? When and how do I retrieve them?

After final final payment and 75 days before sailing, the luggage tags will be available online using the Cruise Personalizer. You will see a link toward the upper right of your cruise summary.

Kind of looks like this:

image.png.4490b371cdb38fc76cd07f270d08af3a.png

Go into that page and when your tags are available, they will open up as a PDF file you can print.

Not to worry though, if you don't print them, the porters at the cruise terminal can hand write tags for you too.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 3:22 PM, YWW said:

You are right. Just called Princess and agent said all luggage tags are now just essentially black and white with a thin strip of orange color on the edge and the small “staple me" area. No need to print the tags in color, black and white printer is fine. In fact she said cruisers could just get the tags at the pier. She also said only large non-carryon bags require luggage tags. No tags required for all personal carry-on bags unless the passenger wants the ship's luggage handlers to take your carry-on bags to your room too.

I always put a luggage tag on my carry-on bags just in case they get separated from me, somehow during lunch in the MDR or buffet.

• Like 4

I was told that the tag that had a color on them were all the same for each ship; and were done that way in ports where multiple ships were disembarking, to make help cue luggage handlers pulling bags out of taxis so they did not send luggage to the wrong ship.  

12 minutes ago, Seafan22 said:

I was told that the tag that had a color on them were all the same for each ship; and were done that way in ports where multiple ships were disembarking, to make help cue luggage handlers pulling bags out of taxis so they did not send luggage to the wrong ship.  

NCL still does the same thing for that reason.